1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 Cinema Awards] 89th Academy Awards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jan 24, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Eh.. there was a lot of anger in that point though. lol.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well yeah, no doubt. I'd be pissed if I was standing up there on stage at that point too. But he handled it about as well as you could expect.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I liked that aspect of it. Kimmel did a good job of the Trump zingers without going overboard. I can't think of a better host who would have handled the best pic **** up better. Also the speeches we're mostly about immigrants, diversity, and protecting the arts, which feels more important coming from well...immigrants, minorities, and artists. Its better to pick your battles.

Maybe I'm overselling it. Just glad that Moonlight won over beautiful people sing & dance in L.A. movie. Anyone catch Leo busting out the mac on Emma? Ooooooh. I hear she's single.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

someone with a headset was yelling to show the card...so i guess it didn't looks scripted?
    someone find a video!

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How come no one is talking about Dunaway throwing poor Warren under the bus? lmao.

Dunaway like, "La La Land."

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Someone done messed up.

9. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

The whole time I was thinking they staged it. But I give people too much credit. Haha! Warren Beatty is Old!

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you rewatch Beatty on the original announcement... he's actually looking in the envelope twice after pulling out the wrong card.

Then he hands it over to Faye who probably only sees the movie title under stone's name.

Crazy. Classic. Almost Marisa Tomei all over again.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I thought that Beaty was posturing for dramatic effect, but he was genuinely confused reading that envelope. He did nothing wrong. It was his co-presenter who blurted out La La Land, if anyone deserves to get blamed for this, it was her (along with the person who handed in the incorrect envelope).

The person who gave him the wrong envelope should get fired, this was an unforgivable mistake IMO. I don't care who won but no one deserves to win an award this big like this. Someone is responsible for quite possibly the biggest f*** up in award show history. No screw up will ever be as big as this.

dmenacela likes this.
  13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Moonlight was such a terrible movie after Ali's performance from the first half. Went from legit academy award winner to bad after school special.

La La was the best movie and should have won

CoolGuy and fba34 like this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

why would the person even need to be in possession of a card for an award that was already given?
    do they just throw it back in the same folder..geez.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Emma was just saying she never let go of her card, so likely on the producers. plus they are sealed. The only thing you can think is that they had backup cards and envelopes and it got slotted into the wrong hands at some point.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are not supposed to know who won until they open those envelopes so I can understand why no one stopped them, warren should have stopped once he realized he had the wrong card.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Anthony Anderson joking about how it was a white/black thing. so funny.

18. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I remember that Kimmel said earlier about how the people on the stage (who weren't actors) we're students? or something? Then he cracked wise about how when you start on the ground floor in Hollywood you're unpaid. I suspect we'll hear some poor intern being thrown under the bus in the aftermath.

Bizarre. La La Land should have campaigned in the rust belt.

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Yes. There are two sets plus the PWC assistants have the winners memorized. Someone goofed bad.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member