1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema] Ridley Scott's 'Alien: Covenant'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

As much as I love Aliens, I think Predator and Commando both can contend against it, and all of them trail The Terminator as the best action movie.

tinman and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. Buck Turgidson

I really hope this is good, I've been looking forward to a serious Aliens sequel/prequel for a long, long time.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

It just looks like more of the same.

Surfguy, J Sizzle and B-Bob like this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed. Looks like unsuspecting travelers dealing with facehuggers and xenomorphs. I'm not sure how this is different from the first two.

6. jae713

jae713 Member

I know. Can't wait.

CCity Zero and CCorn like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Carbon copy of Prometheus?

#47 J Sizzle, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

More like carbon copy of Alien but with Sierra foothill setting. Easier filming.

9. Buck Turgidson

What part of "hope" do you buzzkills not understand? ;)

B-Bob and CCity Zero like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I'm with you, hopefully this is more deep than just facef*ckers and xenomorphs. Can't wait to see how it ties into Prometheus.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I hope it's good too :) I think this has a better shot than the new predator reboot at least..

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty cool looking, I'm looking forward to it. A few flashes tied into Prometheus if I saw them correctly....

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Not sure what to think after that trailer. It did feel really familiar. I wonder if any Engineers are in this one? Since the two characters from "Prometheus" took the alien ship to find the Engineers home world or whatever, it seems that the alien ship they found must be the same one. Did anyone see them exploring the ship and one came across what appeared to be dog tags...implying it is the same ship. It all has to tie into that obviously. But, where did all the eggs come from? Did the aliens wipe out the Engineers home world because the WMD black syrups couldn't be contained? A lot of questions to be answered.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Only about 5% of questions get answered though. Ridley Scott has no clue what's going on anymore.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The worst part of the entire trailer was seeing this dumbass crew step foot onto a foreign planet with a completely unknown habitat not wearing hazmat suits. Of course, one idiot steps on some alien eggs and gets infected. Even if you think the air is breathable, you don't take off your hazmat suit until you know what the heck is going on, especially on an alien planet. Unless they come out with a really good explanation for why they weren't wearing hazmat suits, I think I'm going to be ticked off the whole movie. Just like in Prometheus where I kept wanting to know how the map guys get lost, or how that one dude who was scared of everything up until that point, decided to play around with a creepy alien snake thing.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

You might be right about the ship.

The dog tag found has the name of the dr. from the first movie.

17. jae713

jae713 Member

I was always under the impressions that a lot of these planets from the Alien universe had been terraformed already. Could explain the hasmat question.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I remain amazed that this series continues to garner as much anticipation as it does.
    There were a couple of really good movies made 30 years ago.
    Since it's been pretty formulaic stuff. Decently well done formulaic, but still formulaic, with a confusing story line also.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"They were...and no indigenous life was recorded by any of the teams we sent to terra-form those planets!"

[​IMG]

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member