1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have the best backcourt? Or...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 21, 2017.

1. BackdoorHarden

No way. EGordon is better than Klay

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  2. BackdoorHarden

Harden and Lou is definitely the best backcourt in the NBA today.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden > Steven
    Gordon < klay
    Williams >>>> Livingston
    Bev > Clark

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I love EGOD but klay is a 3 time all star who saved the warriors ass in the playoffs against the thunder last year. He has a lot of memorable performances. 37 in a quarter, 60 in a game. Put sum respek on his name dude

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wall-Beal?
    Cj-Dame?
    Curry-Klay?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see how the minutes work out with this group. But, if Sweet Lou continues to produce the way he did in L.A and if Gordon can return to form then I think there's no question that the Rockets will have the best offensive back court rotation in the NBA.

7. Chamillionaire

Dude... Klay is a monster.
    Gordon was beasting at the beginning of the year, but he's not better than Klay. Put Klay on this team, we would be favorites to win.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and MrButtocks like this.
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

No...Start lou and make bev come off the bench..... LOL..... EG will then win the 6th man award! :D

BigMaloe, PhiSlamma15 and alethios like this.
  10. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I get where you're coming from too. Perhaps I didn't articulate most accurately what I meant before, we have more talent in the backcourt and that corresponds to the system that we run. Overall, it's more talent. Potayto, Potahto, I suppose. But I still think we have more talent since the offense is facilitated through James, who also carries the brunt of the scoring. What Harden's doing this year in this system is unprecedented.

Of course we painfully need frontcourt help. GS has plenty of frontcourt help and it works well with what they do. I would argue that's why Livingston has been so effective coming off the bench for them. As much as I hate Mouthpiece too, he and Thompson are absolutely stellar shooters who get consistent looks because of what Draymond and Kerr have done with that club. My point is that everyone on this team gets good looks because of what Harden and MDA have done. Harden is in our backcourt.

I know when you look through rose colored glasses you miss red flags (BoJack!), but the more I think about this trade and watch Williams the more optimistic I become. Let's hope Capela and NeNe get fused in some sort of mutant experiment and we trade for a capable young backup.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I definitely can understand why you and a few others have stated that Klay is better than Ego. I won't argue with that.

But let me point this out. I "think" Ego's upside was considered much higher than Klay's when they both came into the NBA....correct me if I'm wrong. Ego has been hurt a lot, and played on some bad teams, never having a backcourt mate like a Curry to help him shine. And Gordon did beat Klay in the AllStar 3pt contest. :D Gordon's defense is also highly underrated, while I think Klay's is overrated. I think Gordon gets to the rim better and finishes better, but maybe that's my homer glasses.

I personally think if you start Gordon with Harden, over time he will be at the very least equal to what Klay is to GSW...but possibly better.. with staying healthy of course.

BigMaloe and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Let's just throw our entire backcourt and Capela out there

Williams
    Gordon
    Bev
    Harden
    Capela

samtaylor likes this.
  13. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Why are you guys comparing starting back courts to Lou? Lou is NOT starter so if you want to compare backcourts compare Lou and Gordon to every other bench backcourt and we probably have the best out of the top 5 teams in the NBA.

CLE: (18pts)
    Shumpert
    Korver
    GS: (11.5pts)
    Iguodala
    Livingston
    SA: (16.5pts w/Simmons)(18pts w/Ginobili)
    Mills
    Ginobili/Simmons
    BOS: (12pts)
    Rozier
    Brown
    HOU: (36pts!!!! This is not a typo)
    Gordon 17ppg
    Williams 19ppg

14. BackdoorHarden

Yea, Gordon was Mr Basketball and the #1 ranked basketball player in the Country. KLay wasn't even recruited. He had to go to Washington State because no real basketball college team wanted him, even though he was the son of the #1 pick overall in the NBA.

Gordon definitely have much higher upside than Klay. Plus Gordon makes half of what Klay is making. You'll be crazy to take a cheaper and a player with higher upside over Klay

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Actually I do think Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas will give them a run for their money - Avery is a way better defender and can score the ball as well..

Harden and Lou are better offensively without a doubt but are sieves defensively so you probably wouldn't want to play them both at the same time

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

i think you are overlooking the fact that offensively gordon and williams are not far behind thompson

BigMaloe and Justin Dela Torre like this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Should have made this a poll. I think we do IF Gordon and Bev are playing healthy and like they did at the start. Harden is better all around than Curry and all though Thompson is better than Gordon is isn't by leaps and bounds. Livingston is good but I don't see him being better than BEV+LOU. What makes this really good for us is we can taper down Hardens minutes so he can be more focused and be able to play better defense. Bev + Lou can actually be a middle of the pack starting back court in the NBA.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

IT is bottom 5 of all players in the league in DRPM

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Klay could never and still can't do much more than shoot. He gets upset when he doesn't get his shots but unless he's spoting up to shoot than there is no reason to pass him the ball. Gordon is a way better creator, passer, and driver and can shoot with the best of them. Gordon's D is also overwhelmingly underrated while Klay's D is extremely overrated. Klay has the height at 6'7 making it easier for him to defend taller defenders while Gordon at 6'4 is a stronger player but of course a mismatch against tall defenders. Yes I would take Klay over Gordon bc he would fit the STARTERS role with Harden like a missing puzzle but aside from injuries I def would not pick him over Gordon to be my go to player or even a someone or build around .

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. thekad

thekad Member

I didn't notice until now, but:

Curry - Bev
    Klay - Gordon
    Iguodala - Lou
    Durant - Ariza
    Green - Harden

This is definitely going to happen if the Warriors and Rockets meet in the playoffs. Morey might have really stumbled onto something here.

BigMaloe likes this.