1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houstons Qb options.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JoeyTexas254, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Who do you want the Texans starting Qb to be?

1. Brock Osweiler

2. Tom Savage

3. 1st Round Draft pick

4. Tony Romo

5. Philip Rivers

6. Tyrod Taylor

7. Jimmy G

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Of the lineup Phillip Rivers is the best QB and I would be happy with him here, Second I think is Romo, and Third Tyrod. With that said I would be happy with either of them as well. In addition to that i think if someone like Kaiser is available you jump on him and just sit him down for a year or two while you work your bridge with Rivers and Romo, Tyrod you may have to juggle but hey so what. This team has to realize you have to have a competition at QB every year until you get your guy!!!

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  2. prohibido

prohibido Member

I don't think it's at all ridiculous that the team will end up valuing a roster spot more than the amount they have to pay to be rid of BO, particularly if Bouye gets away.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your window is now. Not in 2 or 3 years when a rookie or Brock finally figure it out.

Romo or Bust.

4. raining threes

I think BOB likes Savage, he made him his starting QB and said he gives the team its best chance to win, over Brock. With that said, no way the McNair's let Brock be the 3rd/4th string QB. I would carry 4 QB's with Brock being in charge of ball deflation, coffee boy.

5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Sign Romo and draft a qb that's all we can do going forward into next season..I'd be happy with that

6. today

today Contributing Member

If we cut Brock and another team signs him for say $3m in 2017 as a backup, do we get $3m in cap savings?

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No. The act of cutting him is what accelerates the bonus. What happens after that has no impact on our cap.

today likes this.
  8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Phillip Rivers will be my guy. The way the Texans' defense is playing, he would be a stud.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

My guy would be Tom Brady :)

Yaosthirdleg and deb4rockets like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We will always have somebody else's leftovers if we can't draft a future star for ONCE. I'm tired of leftovers that just spoil with a little time on our Texas turf. None of them have been able to take the heat..........in more ways than one. No more leftovers por favor!!!!

11. Hey Now!

I'd make the call... but Rivers is showing definitive signs of late career regression. (And he has a no-trade clause, as well as a $29MM cap hit if dealt.) I would be shocked if he has two years left; he may already be running on fumes and his contract is an albatross.

Because of Osweiler's contract this year, the Texans essentially have three courses of action with their QBs: 1) status quo, 2) draft and/or 3) free agency. They can't trade for a QB with a massive contract. Rivers + Osweiler this year would cost them $39MM.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Romo is the best option for this team right now.

Yaosthirdleg and Fulgore like this.
  13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I know the Texans can't afford Phillip Rivers. I'm just stating an opinion about who I would prefer to be the Texans QB. Isn't that the point of this thread?

14. Hey Now!

Then why in the world would you want Philip Rivers if the thread isn't tethered to any sort of reality? Why not Aaron Rodgers? Or Tom Brady? How about 1984 Dan Marino? Or 1982 Joe Montana?

Yaosthirdleg and houstonstime like this.
  15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Those QB's are not on the list to vote for on this thread. But I'll take John Elway from the 90's.

houstonstime likes this.
  16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I would take a chance on Romo.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Well it seems we gonna have to get other's leftover for a while because this organization is abysmal at drafting QBs, so just deal with it.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just deal with it is all we can do really. It's not like anyone on here makes the hiring decisions. I just hope that the 10th quarterback picked by our BOB management to start for this team ends up being a winner. I would still rather take a chance on the draft then get somebody's leftovers. I don't want a bargain on the shelf QB just to find out his expiration has expired and all you got was spoiled milk. The thought of that just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm with you on this. Just the thought of Romo scraping his knee and being out for the rest of the season scares me. It's time for the Texans to stop trying to hide behind used-to-bes and shoulda-beens. If other teams can draft good QB's then what's the problem?

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

One the decisions that would put all of us in forlorn state is giving Brock another chance next season and I wouldn't rule this one out from this organization.