1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving is a flat-Earth truther?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dunno brehs, he has a point

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

After years of patience of views outside of mine, and a refusal to stoop to name calling and use of perjoratives..

Ive just went PAST the LIMIT with accepting IGNORANCE, and not calling stupidity for what it is

Just MORONIC. And Chandler lol.

Honestly, how the alt-right gets bashed about "alternative facts", theres some of that in a subset of African-American crowd suspending belief and trust in convention, then going along with "enlightening" kooky theories. Whats with this mistrust of hard data for these beliefs?

Oh well, them handles on-point, tho

AroundTheWorld and DudeWah like this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I don't know what Kyrie has been smoking lately but it seems like my **** doesn't pass the pepsi challenge on it right now. I feel like I'm missing out on something here.

Do we have any insiders here who could shed some light on this?

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh:
    La di Da di Illuminati, we likes to party, we don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody...o_O

I've read about the "Flat Earth" ideology and seen videos on youtube....it's interesting to say the least. Some of the things they propose just don't make any sense to me, while some points they try to make do make me think of the possibility. The whole concept revolves on a world-wide conspiracy to conceal that the earth is flat, which I personally find mind boggling!!!

Geez Louis...NO I'M NOT A FLAT EARTHER!

BigMaloe and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's no possibility at all and it defies physics. They only try to make it work by making up a bunch of physics that don't make any sense and come out of nowhere, without explaining how they reached that conclusion and formulae.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

OK.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The problem is that this guy's thoughts probably carry more weight than someone in the field (just see Jenny McCarthy)... I'm not going to bother reading about this flat earth idea because it is insane. I mean is the moon flat too? This is right up there with chem trails existing and vaccines being bad.... Wtf. I saw some map of texas for people opting out of vaccines and worry measles in high numbers will probably be back, sadly the anti-vax/flat-earth people will probably think the government released the measles.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, they make **** up to make it look like it's legit, it fails as soon as someone with a basic understanding of math/physics/science etc... I don't need to look at it because it'll make my brain hurt from a migraine of frustration... I'll feel myself becoming dumber and not smarter like when I was taking classes for advanced calculus/multiple-physics/neuro etc etc.

Then if you try to argue with proven examples they'll throw it out and say you're wrong, and then make everything up to further their agenda. This is just bad because I'm sure the ignorant flat-earth believers are all lumped in with the other stupid conspiracy theories. This is honestly worse than confirmation bias, they need to do some actual God damn research.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It boggles my mind how someone, especially a multi-millionaire with a ridiculous amount of resources at his disposal, could believe this in modern times. It is pathetic.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Either this is a super master level troll, or Kyrie been hanging out with Steve Francis. There's no chance he's that dumb.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Duke education at its finest right there.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kyrie sunk the Warriors in the Finals. So he can say whatever he wants as far as I am concerned.

Rockets4Life13 and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's fine I guess, I wonder how many people in America are still adamant that the Earth is 2000 years old and Dinosaurs is a myth

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's 2017 years old you idiot!

15. vick

vick Member

A slow day in the basketball world,

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I doubt you're very objective on the topic given your "apollo13" moniker.

Easy likes this.
  17. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

I think a whole lot of people believe the universe is <10,000 years. Pretty much all the people who don't believe in evolution, which sadly is a large percentage of Americans. But most of them would still agree that the Earth is round & dinosaurs existed.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

First Trump, now the racists and conspiracy theorists are coming out of the closet.

Mankind is doomed. I just hope the Rockets win a championship before our collective r****dation dooms us. Also Draymond's explanation is even more r****ded.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/18/draymond-green-sides-with-kyrie-irvings-earth-is-flat-stance/

DudeWah likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can't these players book an around the globe flight or something? They have millions of dollars!

Yung-T likes this.
  20. ABS

ABS Member

I believe the Earth is round but I get what Kyrie is saying. Not all that philosophical b.s. he was saying about how we are fed all this information to make us think a certain way and all that "mind control" theory crap.

But speaking purely from a scientific view....I don't know all the jargons, terminologies the scientific community uses but to atempt to explain it in layman's terms......it's like the Earth have these "slab plates" .....or the tectonic plates of land mass that is actually flat, and in many fragmented pieces of land masses.

When you merge them together, it forms a oval shape. But take it apart, you got slabs of flat-earths (land masses/tectonic plates). If binded together where it crashes, it props up an aerodynamic tilt, so to speak.

I can't pin it down to an exact since but I can understand the concept behind it, of those Flat-Earth Believers. Not that, I myself, believes in it, per se, but I get the concept behind it.

Like the article was saying, we already have pictures taken from Space that shows the Earth to be round and a curvature view. So, that's that.