1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Natl Security Advisor Flynn may have violated law speaking w/ Russians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 10, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Except lying about Flynn.

DD

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Buck Turgidson

Trump says "hold my beer and watch this".

It's only been a month.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

5. Major

Major Member

Flynn initially told investigators sanctions were not discussed. But FBI agents challenged him, asking if he was certain that was his answer. He said he didn't remember.
    The FBI interviewers believed Flynn was cooperative and provided truthful answers. Although Flynn didn't remember all of what he talked about, they don't believe he was intentionally misleading them, the officials say.

LOL. What does it say about the NatSec that he *forgot* that he talked about sanctions with Russia?

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, this is really weird:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-harward-turns-down-national-security-adviser-job/

So, Harward was fine being announced as the next pick, but in negotiations with Trump and Trump's team, he says "nah, not like this," and backs out. I mean, good for him for trying to bring some sanity to the composition of the team, but I'm sad the position might now go to a totally nutball.

PewDeathPie (or whatever) for NSA chief? A member of the Russian government? Alex Jones?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

And yet Trump is picking a fight with the FBI and the NSA for "having a coup planned against him" thinking they were responsible for leaking Flynn's lie to the press

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's just too bad. You know he's not an extreme candidate when the former NSC spokesman for Obama said "Vice Adm Harward is a very impressive (and nice) guy" once he heard of the pick.

It sounds like Harward couldn't / wouldn't want McFarland. Argh.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Really hard to draw firm conclusions from choosing to not bring charges. Could be Comey doesn't want to embarrass Trump. Or he doesn't have enough evidence to win conviction. Or that, as they say, he didn't intentionally lie and that the conversation about sanctions was actually so minimal as to be forgettable. Or that a prosecution would force revelations that would endanger national security. Or or or. I'd like to see a prosecution. But, I can't tell if it's a miscarriage that there won't be one.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Even if they do think there is a case, I don't know why they would now, when there are open investigations. Should wait for them to conclude to decide if any persecution is warranted.

"There is still an ongoing, broader FBI review of Flynn and Russia-related dealings."

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Comey made it perfectly clear which political party he supports just before the election. You can come up with alternatives to what I believe, that he is corrupt and only cares about keeping his job, and I admire your attempts to be even handed, even if I think you are wrong. I can be even handed, as well. Not this time, however.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's funny given that he did work for the previous administration by not suggesting charges against Hillary. I guess you've forgotten that already.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if the deep state Obama intel chiefs that illegally leaked to torpedo Flynn end up installing John Bolton at NSC, that will be sweet karma

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

@Commodore, if you know the identity of the leakers, you should really share that information with the media (perhaps Foxnews) and the Trump Whitehouse immediately. That would be an incredible development.

But 99.99% of the country, or more, does not know the identity of the leakers, so they could very easily be people appointed by President GW Bush, who also had a recent 8-yr tenure in the White House, if memory serves. There are some career intelligence people alarmed by Trump, to say the least. That's because they have open eyes and deep knowledge of the risks involved of careless acts. The narrative of "because Obama" seems to believe this is politics as usual. Trump is not that, we should all admit. His supporters love that about him. A lot of other people fear that about him.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its amazing how quickly and deeply Commodore has fallen in step with Trump. You'd almost think he voted for him in November.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Don't you think it's contradictory to say "deep state Obama intel chiefs"? You mean the deep state goes as deep as 2008? Do you really know what your own thoughts are on the deep state?

18. shorerider

shorerider Member

I don't watch tv news, but what this thread tells me is that the MSM has officially succeeded in turning Russia into Darth Vader and all the Left is chugging the Kool-Aid spewing out of the MSM's giant anal sphincter. All I can think is thank God Clinton isn't in office to stoke WWIII with Great Russian Bear.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, Russia has not "turned into" something. Russia has been something for a long time. Maybe you should ask yourself why Trump is maintaining sanctions on Russia.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Scared of Russia? Puss lol