1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's tough to even consider Paul George because I doubt he would be traded so you are talking not this summer, but next. Tough for the Rocket to keep the "power dry" that long. I mean, the Rocket will always try to maintain some flexibility, but that feels like a long way off with Harden right now in his prime. If the Rockets can jump on Hayward this summer, they need to do so.

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Evan Turner - $17 million per year
    Allen Crabbe - $17 million per year
    Meyers Leonard - $10 million per year
    Mo Harkless - $10 million per year
    CJ McCollum - $25 million per year starting next year (signed extension)

Yeesh those are some nasty contracts

Von Rafer likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

^ Those Turner and Crabbe contracts, yikes!

Nook likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Full list

ATL: Paul Millsap, Thabo Sefolosha, Tim Hardaway(R)
    CHI: Dwyane Wade, Taj Gibson
    CLE: Kyle Korver
    DAL: Andrew Bogut, Dirk Nowitzki(TO), Deron Williams
    DEN: Danilo Gallinari(PO)
    DET: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope(R)
    GSW: Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant(PO), Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, Zaza Pachulia, Ian Clark
    IND: C.J. Miles, Jeff Teague
    LAC: Chris Paul(ETO), Blake Griffin(ETO), J.J. Redick, Marreese Speights(PO), Raymond Felton, Brandon Bass, Luc Mbah a Moute(PO)
    LAL: Nick Young(PO)
    MEM: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, Zach Randolph
    MIA: Luke Babbitt, James Johnson
    MIL: Tony Snell(R), Michael Beasley, Greg Monroe(PO)
    MIN: Shabazz Muhammad(R), Brandon Rush
    NO: Jrue Holiday, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas
    NYK: Justin Holiday, Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose
    OKC: Andre Roberson(R), Anthony Morrow
    ORL: Jeff Green, Jodie Meeks
    PHI: Nerlens Noel(R), Robert Covington(TO), Ersan Ilyasova, Sergio Rodriguez
    PHX: Alex Len(R), P.J. Tucker
    SAC: Ben McLemore(R), Omri Casspi, Darren Collison, Rudy Gay(PO)
    SA: Jonathon Simmons(R), Dewayne Dedmon(PO), Pau Gasol(PO), Manu Ginobili, David Lee(PO),
    Patty Mills
    TOR: Kyle Lowry(ETO), Serge Ibaka, Patrick Patterson, Jared Sullinger
    UTA: Gordon Hayward (PO), George Hill
    WAS: Otto Porter(R)

ISOBall and Vivi like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know Hayward?!?! Can you get me his autograph?

Swapshop likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would like to sign Reddick and Noel next season. Draft a 3-D stud.

BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If you think the Jazz are going to let their prized white boy go you're out of your mind.

Jatman20 and D-rock like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He is a UFA, so they don't have a choice if he decides moving to another team is more appealing to him.

9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

That's why I im not too keen on waiting this summer for free agent market. Mozgov, Tyler Johnson, Crabbe,
    Turner contracts to name a few. Very high dollar amounts from this past summer, imo.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tyler is good though, that's why Morey met with him last summer, but i was pretty sure Riley was going to match any offer...

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I've wavered on it. On the one hand, a player signed through next year might be a better player and give us another asset at next year's trade deadline....to me, that's the kind of against the grain deal that Morey is known for.

But then I think about where we are in the team building cycle and every year we have with Harden now is precious....we've got to get him a running mate. Morey has to know that signing a role player isn't going to get us close enough to Golden State.

You are probably right....best to look at expirings or non-guaranteeds for next year.

Deuce likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Nice try saving yourself

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think Blake's injuries have mostly been non-chronic, freak injury type stuff. That doesn't scare me.

To be honest, even Harden/Griffin isn't enough to beat Golden State. My goal would be to get one star at this trade deadline or in free agency, then get another in free agency or next summer.

Something like:

Trade for Griffin this week
    Sign Hayward in 2017 free agency

or

Sign Griffin or Hayward in 2017 free agency
    Sign Cousins or George 2018 free agency

What concerns me about waiting until 2018 is that Harden will effectively be on a 1 year deal at that point. Everyone is going to question his commitment to this organization (fairly or unfairly) if he doesn't have another star next to him.

IMO, it is CRUCIAL we get another star as soon as possible, and I think there's a small chance at trading for Griffin. He would have to approve the trade of course (ie commit to resigning to a max deal with Houston), and Houston would have to give LAC some really good players in return. Rivers called this a pivotal season for the Clippers built as is, and it's been mostly derailed by injuries. That, plus their playoff failures, may get them looking to the future.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clippers will give it one more futile run before FA (IMO) breaks them up. Don't think they'll trade anyone before the deadline.

_____________________________________________________________________​

PAUL GEORGE WON'T COMMIT TO NEW PACERS CONTRACT, WANTS TO PLAY ON 'WINNING TEAM'

George did go on to say that his ultimate goal is to be the one that leads the Pacers to their first-ever NBA championship: "So that's still on my mind ... and something I definitely want to achieve in Indiana."

The Pacers do have the option of offering George a max contract extension this offseason worth up to $219 million over five years, though his current deal runs through the 2018-19 season if they can't agree to terms this summer. ​

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If PG13, for example, were traded (C's, eh?) what happens in the new CBA to the amount he could sign his next contract with acquiring (v if he never was traded) team ?

16. ABS

ABS Member

Haha

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Question for someone with better knowledge than me. :) @BimaThug?

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, all good points and i agree with you overall, one star via trade and one via free agency should be our goal. I trust Morey to pick up some good and cheap players to complete the roster eventually.

The only thing i'm doubtful here is that i can't see the Clippers trade Blake this season, unless he already told Doc that he's 100% gone obviously.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He who has better knowledge than all (but, possibly a select few).

J.R. likes this.
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

All NBA players are good. All of the free agents in the summer of 15/16 were over paid. I specifically mentioned Tyler because Morey meet with him. I was aware of that. Probably dodged a bullet.

D12/Horford/Crabbe/Mozgov/Tyler Johnson may have been over paid & many have not equated into wins.
    Ryno has translated into wins in the regular season; but if he gets torched in the playoffs....many will say he
    was over paid. Morey met with Melo.....doesn't mean it would have worked out. Morey met Bosh....doesn't
    mean that would have been good for Houston. Morey got D12......did not end well.

I would rather the Rockets trade for a past, set contract over a pending free agent who will be over paid.
    Rockets will have approximately $11 million to spend, when average NBA free agents will get about $17M
    this summer. Mozgov is considered below average to average and receives $16 mil. Paying one guy more doesn't make him better than two guys who make half the amount under older contracts.

#40 Jatman20, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.