1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Rox Fans See Dekker and Anderson As Our Future Going Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 13, 2017.

1. ABS

ABS Member

I'm reading around on Rockets news and hearing guys and Writers say stuff like S. Dekker and R. Anderson are our future, man. I'm sorry, I really don't see how those two make us legit. I mean, seriously???

A 5 with those two in the starting unit will make us a middle-of-the-pack team, and we would most likely be fighting to get that 7th or 8th seed spot. I know for a fact Harden' frustration would boil over trying to help that squad to get into the Playoffs and beyond.

You look at the top echelon teams in the West and you just dread the competition level that Dekker and Anderson would have to match-up with, and face the likes of the Warriors, the Clips, the Spurs etc. And Anderson is no saving grace on Offense nor Defense. Give me a gotdamn break!

And Dekker will be shut-down (nor will he shut down anyone but his own game...pfft) when guys around the league gets familiar with his limited game production. He is not a natural shooter or Scorer, and to many "otherly" Rox fans think Dekker got althelicism like K.J. or Ben McLemore. I know, I know....try not to laugh. Smh....(sigh).

If this is the vision Morey has for the Rockets going forward, I shudder to think how marquee free-agents would want to come to the Rockets. No top-line player want to be apart of a squad that have no "mojo" to keep up with The Boys of the West.

Morey, be real, dude!

Your vision was left behind in the 50s and resurrected in the 80s for a brief bit and then died! Get with the times and out of that outdated thinking..it doesn't work in today's NBA. Not now and not in the future. Get with the times, Morey!

By the way, if.you talking about replacing Ariza after his contract, you don't go with Dekker. You go with someone like Wilson Chandler, Paul George and players of that caliber. Just be real, now! Or.....I bet you your degree you get FIRED, eventually.

#1 ABS, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Theyd probably be better hockey players. Maybe mlb or even qbs in football.

NBA? no way

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

LMAO. The ONE year Morey doesn't start chase and surround Harden with great role players and the team wins, someone complains about Morey for NOT star-chasing? You can criticize Morey for a lot of things, but not star chasing is not one of them. I guarantee you he's still scouring for opportunities to land star players either via trade or FA.

4. ABS

ABS Member

Lol...atta boy. I like that thinking, sir!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, he went after Horford first so...

7. ABS

ABS Member

I actually remember his first real "star-chasing" after the Days of Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. He even said they were our cornerstones:

- Jeremey Lin
    - Omer Asik

.......imagine that!

(smdh!)

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You're right, Morey never went after stars and landed any of them.

9. dje243

dje243 Member

10. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

So what you're saying is that if we had two of the players that we currently already have one our roster starting, one of which is already in the starting lineup we would be a seventh or eighth seed as opposed to the third seed that we currently are in the west. So in essence we'd be a worst team with two current players that we currently have on the team if those current players were starting.

Just say what you wanna say and get it over with.......

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Wow, I don't remember that. He said Lin and Asik were cornerstones?

12. ABS

ABS Member

Yes sir. He said that! And Parsons was already with the team, and a starter.

But thanks to the Basketball Gods,

Lo and Behold:

Morey FLEECED the Thunders of Harden with a package of K. Martin and Jeremy Lamb. Talk about counting your blessing.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Black Rocket Lives Matter

14. ABS

ABS Member

I am saying what I want to say and getting over with it. One is a Starter and one is coming off the bench. It's a HUGE difference when you remove Ariza and replace him with Dekker.

Let the Rockets try it and I gaurantee our success would have gotten that much harder. Guys like Anderson and Dekker will be well served coming off the bench, and behind guys whom are better suited and superior athletes than them. Which are MANY!

15. ABS

ABS Member

Easy fella. That's not cool. Pray for that political group that they come out of that political, plantation prison and the poisoning of the mind.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Future? Probably not but teams ain't tossing out star Players these days.
    Their on the team and producing somewhat ok. Which is fine in the reg. Season . Let's see how the produce In the post season before we start chasing imaginary deals.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

I am the cornerstone of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team.

[​IMG]

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I'm pretty sure Parsons rookie season was Lin/Asik's first year.

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Really seems like you don't account for the spacing that Anderson provides our offense. A better athlete doesn't necessarily equate to a better player, nor does it mean said player would be a better fit on our team. There are TONS of great athletes out there, but there most certainly are not tons of stretch 4's like Anderson. Harden and Anderson have talked for years about how much they would benefit from playing together, but you know better....

20. ABS

ABS Member

Ummmm....I think so. I just remember Morey and McHale had some backroom talk going on to thwart Markief Morris from being in the rotation that year as he was the better player between him and Parsons but next thing you know, Markief was forced to go down to the D-League and Parsons never landed foot in the D-League even though Markief Morris was drafted way higher than Parsons.

Think about that.

And Parsons was McHale' pet-favorite. And was made a Starter.

Ramo$e likes this.