1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP free speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Feb 1, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He spoke without making a sound. As backup, he probably had a written speech he could have delivered just in case the protesters had the wisdom to ignore him. But, his point wasn't to say words, it was to get people to shout him down.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Liberals should listen to him while disagreeing with him. We need to stop always talking in exclamation points and use more periods at the end of our sentences.

Granville and wouldabeen23 like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

well they could have done that but instead they violated the constitution and destroyed the student union building and plaza.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seems like we're talking past each other. Regardless, no violations of the constitution transpired. The constitution doesn't obligate individuals or organizations to let others speak, nor does it forbid the destruction of property.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Milo responds

6. ipaman

by the way, what ever happened to the open minded, tolerant, liberal base? many have gone full blown terrorist and even some of the liberals here have become close minded, intolerant, angry, etc..

7. TheresTheDagger

The escalation continues.

If folks can't even attend a speech without being subject to attack AND the authorities don't enforce the rule of law...the folks will begin to protect themselves. And then the real anarchy begins.

ipaman likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good luck, the more the right becomes intolerant the more intolerance you'll get from the other side.

I take it for nothing, he has several pieces where all he does is lambast women for doing anything other than being at home. He just runs and hides behind "It's just comedy!" or "It's just satire!"

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Milo is a jerk. The protestors who assaulted others and destroyed property are jerks. However, it's pretty amusing to throw around a word like "antifa" as if that's a bad thing. As I said in the Richard Spencer knockout thread, it used to be patriotic to be anti-fascist (including punching them in the face!).

If people ignored Milo, he'd go away. Just listening to him makes it clear that he feeds on negative publicity.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's damn hard to ignore trolls. That's why they are so effective.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Now you have shown that you are an agenda driven coward. Defending RL on a 1 minute technicality but failing to say anything when he is a proven welcher and liar. I don't understand how you go about your daily life posting bullshit and living a life masked by ignorance.

12. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Never thought I'd live to see the day when liberals used violence to silence a gay immigrant.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are big fans of using violence in order to silence anyone they don't agree with, it's why liberals have always been one of the biggest threats to civil liberties.

Now that said, the guy was just taking advantage of the moronic liberals in the Berkley area, he knows that mentally feeble people like that will always react like that to someone saying things they don't agree with and he wanted to expose exactly the kind of people they are......and they just couldn't help themselves from proving his point.

From what little I've heard from him, he sounds like a prick, but that's no excuse for those getting violent just to stop him from speaking.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  14. ipaman

to be fair, the pc left ignores the way women and young girls are treated by islam yet are the first to defend it against milo. and that's been the case for yours even before milo and his persona existed.

I agree but I don't think he believes it. He has a mother and he's gay so he knows what it's like. On this topic I think he's trolling and the other side takes the bait because they are easily triggered. It's embarrassing. They don't realize that if they ignored him he would fade away but instead they legitimize him. Triggered morons.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I don't see why I can't punch a Nazi in the face. If my mother's step-father was allowed to fire artillery shells at them, then why shouldn't I be able to punch them in the face? Also, please don't project the image of a Nazi onto every Trump voter, supporter, or individual who may agree with Trump on some issue.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, they do not ignore it. I'm not sure why people say that, people fight for their rights first before they go off abroad and fight for others. When people defend Islam we are not defending radical Islam, Isis, or whatever else you think of it. We are simply defending the religion and those who practice it peacefully.

I don't see these droves of liberals defending honor killings for instance, conservatives keep telling me it exists but I don't see it. Instead it sounds like "If you don't hate Islam like I do then you must be for ISIS or something..."

I'm Agnostic, IDGAF what you want to wear on your head or if you think you can't have sex until marriage, just don't force me to do those things. Do you, be happy.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, the counter this is of course all the jailed leftists in autocratic Islamic countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia.
    Liberals stick up for Muslims, not necessarily Islam. Why? Because Muslims are people, too. They're not devils or whatever else demagoguery that exists out there. Most major religions are not inherently liberal, and they often serve as backdrops for conservative political movements.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You're a piece **** liar who for some reason gets off on lying and spreading fake bullshit. I called the bet off because I made it clear that if Trump doesn't get a fair chance to run the bet would be off which I was right based on the GOP deliberately tried to stop him. After Trump won the nomination, Codman himself was the one who kept insisting that the bet was still on and I got bored with him so I said fine the bet was on again. the bet was on right up till the election night. The funny thing is Codman isn't even arguing any of this **** like you are you know why because he knows that he lost the bet fair and square and you are an agenda driven coward.

Now go **** yourself.

#158 RocketsLegend, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You shouldn't punch a Nazi in the face because we aren't at war with a Nazi controlled nation. Initiating violence isn't a suitable way to combat ideas involved with those that are Nazis. It only paints the anti-Nazi agenda as violent, unthinking, and unreasonable.

20. ipaman

Bill Maher disagrees with your. He's a giant flaming lib and even he calls out his own on this.