1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So if Harden and Gordon got injured, who'd be our scorer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Jan 22, 2017.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I don't even wanna think of that

2. alethios

alethios Member

I no listen to you - you're crazy!
    [​IMG]

Exiled and D-rock like this.
  3. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson would probably average around 28 ppg if that happened. Bobby Brown is also capable of handling a big workload offensively.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Harden & Gordon getting what?!
    Bruh...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#44 Shroopy2, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Cashmoney and alethios like this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

**** you dude

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think that's rather obvious.

We're prob the best one man show the NBA has seen since Lebron was in Cleveland before he went to Miami.

In order to really compete with GS for a chip we need one allstar level talent. Anderson and Gordon are fine and actually really good in the 3rd and 4th options role. But we need that other top flight guy.

Cavs have 2 and Kevin love is still really good, GS has two MVPs and then klay and Draymond who are very good super role players. SA has Leonard and LMA and they are def the worst of the bunch I just named.

Honestly I think we can beat SA in a 7 game series. They have been exposed for the past 2 playoffs, I just think that as good as there coached they don't have the talent to compete against the teams with the shooting like GS Cavs and Hou.

Are we the most beatable? Yes but I do think we can out score them. We've beat them once lost to them the next game but came back off Gordon's hot shooting and almost took the lead late and then the last time we played them we had a 13 point lead with 4 min to go while shooting 20% from three and 39% overall. They got lucky that game bottom line. We should have won, props to them but just like our win against minn were we came back, it's just luck a fluke.

The Spurs have done this two years in row now were they have the system to win a lot of games in the regular season and they don't lose to bad teams at all for the most part. I'm
    Not believing in the Spurs post season run yet. Leonard has not played well at all in the playoffs the last two years. He might break through this year as he's been playing fantastic the last 6-7 game but I gotta see it.

roslolian likes this.
  7. threepointshot3

Harden Injured? Harden kills tigers with his hands and goes shark hunting. Dude never gets injured.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

No way we're beating Spurs in the playoffs with this current roster. Sorry bro. And spurs are much more than just Kawhi and LMA.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

why???

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

MDA would start planning for next season

11. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Not really sure the point of this question. Almost none of the 29 other teams in the NBA would have a good answer, if you ask a similar question (i.e. taking away two best players, who would be the scorer). Only exceptions would be GSW (Green, Thompson), SAS (Parker, Gasol), and CLE (Love). Interestingly enough, those three teams currently have better records than us. If I had to answer, it would be Anderson and maybe Beverley for Rockets.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think you're wrong man. We have the best player in the series. We've played 3 times, splitting the first 2 and they barely stole the last one form us. Barely, by 2 points, only because we had some lapses. They were 100% healthy and we were missing our starting C.

For the first time in a LONG time, the Rockets roster has more heart than the Spurs roster.

I love our chances against the Spurs if both teams are healthy, even if they have HCA.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lots of teams would be crippled if they lost their best 2 guys, what happens to Clevelabd if LBJ and Irving got injured? GsW if Curry and Durant got injured? Raps if Derozan and Lowry got injured? Etc. Etc.

Good teams can survive if their best guy got injured but if their top 2 guys got injured they would be ****ed, thats like losing half of your capspace. Even MJ Bulls would be screwed if they lost MJ and Pippen.

If it dies happen and Harden and Gordon got season ending injuries its time to gi hunting for ping pong balls, we might even pick up a franchise player who can be our no 2 option.

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Regular season is not the post season

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Sorry but even the Warriors players don't belong on that list. If Durant and Curry go down, you are quickly going to remember who Draymond Green and Klay Thompson really are. They are not going to be creating points for their team man to man.

The Warriors and the Spurs would survive it, just because of their commitment to ball and player movement. No one in this league will lose its top 2 scorers and not be a bottom feeder if they rely on players creating points individually. We are one of the worst talent wise from 2nd to 14th players so it would hit us particularly hard but we have become capable of executing an offense that has ball and player movement, especially when Harden - the best individual creator on the planet right now - is off the floor.

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Exactly, we will be better than them in the postseason.

This Spurs team is 0-0 in the post season, just like we are 0-0.

17. Fantasma Negro

Poorly worded question. If a man walked into a house and shot a mother and father who would be the parents? Who the **** wants to answer that? Who the **** wants to even think about that ****. Instead, your question should've been; Besides Harden and Gordon who is playing like they can become a dependable scoring option? To which my answer would be Dekker and Clint

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

My answer wouldn't change. Dekker and Clint imo are not playing like they would be dependable scoring options without Harden and Gordon. They are playing like dependable scoring options with Harden and/or Gordon. Harden and Gordon are the only ones doing it, and I'm not even sure Gordon would be able to do it without Harden facing other teams' first units.

The greater point here is, Kevin Love is probably the only 3rd best scorer on his team who can score consistently without the 2 best guys, and as we saw in his Wolves career, that wouldn't necessarily be a winning formula.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron took his team to the finals with a hurt Irving and love.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We'll see

I don't think the Spurs are any better than houston, it still remains to be seen.

I guess we have a pretty good chance of seeing which one of us is right because it's looking likely that we will play them in the 2nd round if both teams advance.

i don't fault you for taking the Spurs it's the easier pick of the two but LMA is a good player not a great one and he's regressing a lot since coming to SA. Leonard is ascending to be heights so we'll see but the pieces around them is not any better than what harden has in houtson and tbh I think houtson has the better 9 man rotation over SAS first 9 guys.

napalm06 likes this.