1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first... Dekker or Anderson?? And what for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will get traded first??

1. Anderson

19.5%
  2. Dekker

14.5%
  3. Neither

66.0%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think other GM's may have a need, or be in a position of getting the best they can for an expiring contract? Or think he fits their system/style more......or that he may become a Milsap....

You seem to be following me around a lot lately bobrek - sending a big bro fist bump your way!

DD

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

There is absolutely no chance that either of these guys gets traded this year.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I'd say trade brewer, but at this point we'd have to pay another team just to get his trash ass off our hands.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Neither will be traded for anything short of a star, which means neither will be traded.

Paul George and Demarcus Cousins are perfect test cases for the new CBA. Both on underperforming teams that they are clearly dissatisfied with. My guess is both stay put, which casts serious doubt on the ability to trade for a star going forward.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A typical thread on here after one big game from a player

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So true. It's probably people who hate their jobs because any rational human being can see that Anderson is having a f'in blast doing his job, and when you love what you do and it's going well, you don't look for excuses to not go to work. You actually look for excuses to try to go to work even if you're sick, which is what he did the other night when it was obvious he was going to explode from both ends right on the court.

Sorry for bringing back bad memories @Haymitch .

justtxyank likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Still doesn't explain why an experienced GM would be fooled by inflated stats.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

disagree i think hes high iq guy and he has a nice postup game even has a midrange and potential for shooting 3s

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Lamb.

#69 BasketballMind, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Keep Harrell and Dekker. Right now I'd only trade those two for God. The little things they do along with their chemistry wins championships. I'd trade Capela (for Bogut or someone on that level) before I'd trade those two.

basketballholic likes this.
  11. basketballholic

False. We could have had Bledsoe if we had parted with DMo.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Neither. The Ryno/Dekk combo is workout out great for D'Antoni's spread offense. The issues lie in the Weeds... or should I say Wings. Brewer's minutes to be exact. If the Rockets were to move out Brewer and KJ then you'd see some vast improvement from this team especially if that wing can shoot, and still play uptempo. Gordon Hayward is a dream scenario best left kept till this Summer, but maybe there are some other names left exploring.

I would seriously be probing the Clippers about JJ Reddick. Even though its unlikely now, its a team to watch close to the deadline with the vast array of injuries, and the likelihood of Reddick looking for a massive payday that the Clips might want nothing to do with. The Rockets could potentially snag a damn near perfect player to play next off of Harden (although a rental likely) for a draft pick, and it could really open up the offense further.

Other names - Jodie Meeks, Mike Dunleavy, Wayne Ellington, Belinelli, Ben McLemore, Joe Ingles, Bogdonavic.

craguin and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Glad im not the only one who doesnt think anderson is expendable. We ve seen how much better the offense is with him on the court. We signed him as a free agent to be a player for us. Morey loves him. Why are some people thinking about trading him?

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DMO is gone.

[​IMG]

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Bledsoe had and has no role on this team bro. We can't be paying $14m for someone who can't operate without the ball, that dude is 36% on catch and shoot and a 35%ish 3pt shooter. We can't give him the ball like it's a high school game, the MVP of the world is running the offense for us to the tune of .723 winning % on a team that is outperforming everyone's expectations. Even by your theory of what we need to do, Bledsoe's asst/to ratio is not better than Harden's at PG, and he has never been able to average more than 6.2 assists - why on earth would we make Harden do the next best thing he can be good at (play off the ball) and make the second best passer become the primary distributor?

Unless he comes off the bench, but that's an expensive bench player who doesn't mesh with your star player. Disaster imo. His value would crash and we would be stuck with an underperforming asset, which is REALLY not where you want to be in today's CBA.

I'm sure we could have had Bledsoe at several junctures, but that's nothing to worry about for this team. We're good. We voluntarily and confidently let D-Mo walk and we're fine, at present and in the future. Looks like Bledsoe's role/fit on this team was the major consideration, if that deal was ever discussed.

16. basketballholic

I'm not a fan of Bledsoe and don't want Bledsoe. Agree with you on that. But we could have had him for DMo and matching salary. That was on the table and Phoenix would have done the deal if we had agreed to DMo.

17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I don't mind Anderson getting some rest in the middle of the year. Make him better for the playoffs.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm not sure anyone would trade for Anderson.

How about Dekker for Paul George?

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Right but we would just have Bledsoe right now destroying our 2017 cap flexibility. I'm saying if that deal was on the table, it was likely not consummated mainly because of how it would affect our flexibility to get someone else and Bledsoe's fit with Harden, two gigantic issues. If we acquired him and he didn't fit, he would be worth less than even what we acquired him for. Compounding problem.

I THINK you're implying that we valued D-Mo enough to not make that deal, or you're saying we would be in a better position and both of those ideas are huge stretches if it's in fact what you're saying. I'm sure there are many people we could have had for D-Mo or a package involving him, I think some of them would have scrapped the deal like the Pistons did, and then I think a lot of them would just not be good trades.

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't know. Maybe if they throw in Turner.