1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first... Dekker or Anderson?? And what for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will get traded first??

1. Anderson

19.5%
  2. Dekker

14.5%
  3. Neither

66.0%
  1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Ryan Anderson contract is unmovable. Dekker contract is great, cheap for a very long time. I don't see him giving up that contract for a superstar when he can have the chance of getting one in free agency and keep Dekker at same time. Then again I don't see many good options in free agency this year.

Most free agents will probably resign. Blake Griffin might not but hopefully we don't even give him a 1st look. All though I wouldn't mind us picking up Tony Allen. Dude would be a great fit for his price.

#21 Swapshop, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Normalus

Normalus Member

2k17 say Ariza should be traded smh..

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Sanity2disChaos

4. Sanity2disChaos

Aliza???

5. Sanity2disChaos

I don't think this team is ready to compete with the likes of the warriors and Cavs for example. We need another player or two. Especially when the game slows down in the playoffs.
    Thus my question as to who. Ryno contract, as stated by many on this board, is peanuts considering the boom in future cap. Dekker is cheap and young.. plus both have positive trade value Which is not the case for other players on the roster.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dekker is a keeper. Tall, athletic big who can do a bit of everything on a cheap contract. In two years, that inconsistent 3-point shot will be a layup for him.

Keep both for now, as Anderson can really stretch the floor way beyond that 3-point line.

basketballholic likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

OP, you're an idiot. Both are important to the team and Anderson isn't going anywhere. His lethal range helped both win streaks. You've seen his game why take a dump on your own player or do you not watch all the earlier games?

Daddy Long Legs and DonKnock like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree on this one, although more than 4yrs ago and from the same crop we let tjones expire worthless and royce was worthless from day 1

again, 7yrs ago

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Chandler Parsons

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lost him for nothing, could've easily traded him his last season here for something nice

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In all seriousness, Morey definitely sold Martin high and tried to earlier as well. Fools Gold had peaked.

Budinger was traded high, too.

Brooks was traded high

Patterson is a hard call because he's doing great on Toronto now, but most would say rookie 5th pickThomas Robinson's value was pretty high still at the trade deadline

Morris was traded low, because teams knew Morey had a PF logjam.

Looking like DMo was traded high

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

AB and Raefer... among others...

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agree on all, but for dmo we could have gotten a very good player a couple seasons ago during his 'poor man's linsanity' run. perhaps even bledsoe at that time

basketballholic and hakeem94 like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

rafer's not even from this decade bro :D

i'm starting to wonder if other GM's really are hesitant/scared to deal with morey these days

15. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I think this might be an interesting post to look back at in 2-3 years. I think Montrez is a beast and will become an elite level role player for a major contender.

16. Sanity2disChaos

This dumb Mofo!smh.... if you read the post then you can see you answered the question and your silly self didn't even realize it. So Dekker will be the first to go?? Or do you want to make another fluffed post?? Honestly ain't no loyalty in business, and your personal feelings don't matter at the end of everything.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nah, you can't say Morey should've used a crystal ball to foresee DMo's injury, and traded him right before it happened. Come on. That would be like saying Morey should've traded Brooks before Ginobody stepped underneath him, as well.

Once the injuries happen their high drops until and when regained. As soon as DM could, he tried to cash in on DMo

vator and DonKnock like this.
  18. Sanity2disChaos

You asked who. You got two answers and you still trying to convince yourself you are right.lmao!!

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it wasn't the injury, but just disbelief that he could sustain that high level those couple months. i wanted to trade him at the time, but admittedly also wanted a lot in return, perhaps more than another team would have given up

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I know it's like part of CF lore that Morey always makes some blockbuster deal every year but I don't really expect a superstar to come here every year and it certainly isn't a yearly thing...just don't know why everyone seems hellbent on trading good players.

I can see another move to shore up the bigs but I sincerely doubt it will come at the expense of veteran leadership like Ariza or nene, nor at the cost of good, young, cheap players like Dekker and Capela.

The underlying Anderson hate stemming from his contract is starting to reeeeally get puzzling.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.