1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My nba all star ballot would be

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jan 21, 2017.

1. what

what Member

Starters:
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Kawhi Leonard
    Kevin Durant
    Marc Gasol

Reserves: Steph Curry, Chris Paul, Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert, Anthony Davis
    Wild Card: Mike Conley, Klay Thompson

In picking this list, my hardest decision was trying to reconcile the selection of Anthony Davis. First, Anthony Davis has been in the league for 5 years and he still only has one winning season (how do you reward that, I don't care what his numbers are.) I am pretty confident that if you replaced Marc Gasol on the pelicans with Davis that the pelicans would be at least a .500 ball club. At the end of the day Davis seems like a Kyrie Irving type, a guy that needs a great player next to him to succeed. But there wasn't any other good choices here.

I also don't particularly like picking a strictly defensive player: gobert, because if gobert is an allstar, why isn't Pat Beverly worthy of an allstar nod, or Tony Allen. You could argue that perimeter defense is more important than rim protection in the new nba. But I think that Gobert is probably the best defensive player on the best defensive team and the only other option is Boogie, a player who has not posted a winning season in the league yet and Deandre Jordan (another only defensive player).

I am also not particularly thrilled that Klay made my team, but the only other options here are CJ, Damien and Deandre Jordan. CJ and Damien are stat grabbers, and I can't reward that. I could have chosen a Spur here, but it just seems to me that Pop is the second best player on that team, because no matter who they have they always win in the reg season.

Plus, the warriors are killing the league and Klay is a big part of that.

I also did pick two players from Utah and Memphis, while snubbing the clippers, the rockets and the spurs. Had Blake played more, I would have picked him over Klay. Also as I said, the spurs are pop and Kawhi and the rockets are Harden and role players.

What is comes down to is this, do I think gobert and mike conley are better than: lillard, cj, cousins, towns, Jordan, and honestly I do.

#1 what, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Chris Paul doesn't deserve to be an All Star. Don't care if he was healthy.

I would take off Chris Paul, Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert & KlayThompson.

Replace with Cousins, Towns, Lillard, Gordon

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cool

Or am I too late?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

F5, F5, F5. Waiting on the east version. F5, F5.... Mwuahahha.

BleedsRocketRed and BigMaloe like this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You made the cut off fam

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol.

Why am I not surprised.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

11. what

what Member

Newsflash: Mike Conley and Marc Gasol are both great players. I don't get why people think they are not. That team with an injured Conley was up on the warriors 2-1.

Also, don't look at the last 5 minutes of games when it matters and compare Mike to James Harden. Let's just say this, better hope the rockets keep blowing teams out.

If James Harden can be stopped so easily (and he can) then it proves that he is (at least to some degree) a stat chaser. The problem is that there are so many teams in the league that don't play defense that it doesn't matter.

Both Mike and Marc are allstars but the ridiculous nba won't put both of them in. It's fine. The only way Mike will ever get his due is if the grizzlies win the championship and then people will have an ah-ha moment and realize that he is actually good.

Like when Barkley tries to justify Eric Bledsoe and CJ mccollum as allstars. Or, chuck, kenny, ej and shaq all putting in: draymond, klay, steph and kd. Really? 4 players from the warriors?

Anyway this is my personal battle, and why I never watch the allstar game anyway, because it is nothing but a popularity contest. It isn't about the #s at all.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Davis and Cousins over Marc Gasol easy.

Oh, and cool.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lul...

Tony Allen: But one guy I haven't figured all the way out yet is James Harden. He's pretty crafty.

Lul...

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Cool.

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Im torn apart but I think I like the "caseless samaung" thread a little more

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That novel though

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This dude just called harden a stat chaser!? If harden put up conleys season average in a night then he is considered having an off night. Then he is considered stopped. **** off clutchfans and join a booty ass grizzly forum

Exiled and RedRedemption like this.
  18. rockpileindisma

"What" is a dumbass. Go talk that ish about the star of Houston I dunno, not here?

Pen15clubber and RedRedemption like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Memphis ain't **** @what nowwwww

BigMaloe and RedRedemption like this.
  20. what

what Member

As long as the game is a blowout, the rockets are good. My point was proved.