1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets @ 1/20/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha this is an easy bet

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. joomba

joomba Member

That's why having good off-the-ball movement is the key for your main ball-handler. Harden is too slow and static, so it's easy to take him out of his game by just trapping him. It happens a lot in the playoffs too.

#1162 joomba, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Ryan Anderson not traveling with the team to Memphis because of the flu. Get well Ryno... start Dekker, activate and use Kyle Wiltjer as his backup. STOP it with Brewer already!

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is nothing wrong about the analytics.

This is the best way to play hoops now, when you have a better team, of course you can beat a inferior team using the same way, and easier.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not even looking forward to the playoffs now. Gordon shouldn't have played over 32 min. Brown out-scored him in 3 min. Why was Nene out? Why is Wiltjer not getting any minutes? We will always be a notch below San Antonio and Golden State without players who can consistently bring not only the defense, but who can consistently score in double digits. I feel like all my hopes for this year just got shattered and it will be that same old song and dance again in the playoffs. I hope I am wrong. I don't wanna be right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Blow it up?

7. rocketsmetalspd

7 games in 11 nights. Players coming back from injury, player playing injured, and player playing sick/back from sickness. This team has not had a complete roster for a good while.

adw likes this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Your so called movement basically will block all the lanes and space for Harden to drive and eventually he will be even worse.

He is Harden. Not CP3.

It doesn't work the same way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Loss. ****.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

don't put too much on today's game. If we had Anderson who lit up the Warriors last time, we would have pushed them all the way. I think we need a trade to get Harden another star player, but i wouldn't read too much in to it

11. rocketsmetalspd

Forgot to add Warriors has played 10 games at home with one road game in between a bus ride Sacramento.

Ramo$e and Tha_Dude like this.
  12. joomba

joomba Member

Harden is just not good at dealing with double teams. Good luck with that in the playoffs.

13. rocketsmetalspd

I wish Dantoni would not play Brewer. The team is still in need of another defensive big and a player to take over Brewer's minutes.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:

They played better than we did. We didn't shoot well. Against team like this, gotta keep scoring. Defense was soft early & didn't get into people. They've had a couple days rest & we played 7 in 11 days. We had tired legs. That's one thing. Other thing, we gotta be smarter. 2 offensive rebounds, cost us 5 points, fouled a 3pt shooter, fouled another guy, couldn't get a run going. We gotta be better than that & we will be.

We're better than what we showed tonight. We will be better. These are tough games right now. We gotta get through them. Tough road trip coming up.

Defense, was it PnR defense, letting guys come off curls for jump shots?

Not that we let them. They've been good against everyone. We can do a better job switching. We were hesitating on everytihng. They're good at taking advantage of everything. Give them credit. We can shore it up a lot.

We missed shots everywhere. We had our chances. Down 5 at half not playing well. There's hope there. Things we can do better. A long season to go. They set the bar. We have to beat that right there.

Last 4-5 games, 3pt shooting a lull that happens in a season or things that aren't what they were before?

Our schedule has been ridiculous. Started in China & they've been pulling & pushing. Now Memphis tomorrow night. That's 8 in 12 nights. That's ridiculous. I could sit everyone home, probably should but I don't believe in that. Hopefully they'll fix it. We flew from NY to Miami, one week Orlando to Toronto. Why not 2 in Florida & 2 up North? We're flying all over the place. We did GS & then to Denver. After awhile, it gets to them. We got sickness here & there, banged up a bit but now start a 5 game road trip but they're resilient. We have to come out of it well.

Anderson okay?

No, he's not okay. He'll probably miss next game. Stomach virus is hanging on.

So he's out tomorrow?

Yeah.

Vivi likes this.
  15. alethios

alethios Member

One thing I'd like him improve on is passing out of a double team more quickly.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's an idiotic statement, it's like saying Brady is not great to stand there and take the blitz.

What Harden needs to do is adjust and made decisive decisions quicker and better.

Remember the Thunders game he got double teamed and passed to Nene?

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes he can do that, sometimes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Didn't he just come off from some time off? lol

That's an All-Star team. We're not on that level unless we have 3 or 4 guys going off at once. No Anderson, bricking EGo, shooting 1% from 3 point land ... it's amazing this wasn't a worse blowout. They only have 6 losses... they're an elite team. It's going to take a team that plays some crazy defense to slow that juggernaut down. Either that or a team that can match their All-Star level and score at-will. We did that in the first game. We have to do it again.

Tha_Dude and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. joomba

joomba Member

Harden is our main ball-handler/play-maker, yet it is so easy to take him out of his game because he's not good at adjusting to double teams. And that's gonna be a major problem in the playoffs. What part of that don't you understand?

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The East is full of bad teams, this sucky Lakers team can make the playoff in the East.