1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rubio being shopped

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jan 17, 2017.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Worked better than the first round and out team with Parsons (the best small forward in the series until Nic Batum proved otherwise) and Jeremy Lin practically handing the Blazers 2 victories with his ridiculous decision making during crunch time. If that's the best you can do to prove Harden refuses to relinquish control of the basketball then I agree with him. I want the ball to start in his hands 100% of the time rather than let Lin or Parsons initiate the offense. That being said, he doesn't seem to stop Pat Bev, Gordon, or Beas from taking it and going when they want to. He didn't stop Parsons either for that matter. He let Lin go too, but I think he stopped trusting him to make the right decisions. Didn't we all? Lawson isn't who we thought he was so I'm punting on that one. I'm saying give him a legit playmaker to play with first before you say he can't play with one. Guys that have played here that have had any semblance of perimeter offensive ability have done just fine. Lin and Parsons had their best statistical years here, Beas was resurrected, and Gordon hasn't seen this kind of success since he was a Clipper and seemed destined for stardom.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

All my years in CF, I still dont understand the fascination for Ricky Rubio

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, the T-wolves are "shopping" Ricky Rubio in the same way that I "shop" unwanted furniture by putting it out on the curb and hoping it magically disappears overnight before trash day.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Some folks on this board has romanticized Rubio into a spanish Magic Johnson. In actuality, he's an average NBA starter at PG. He's average AT BEST.

5. SamFisher

He's more of an Ervin Johnson than an Earvin Johnson.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Speaking of wasting player's prime: Kevin Love was smart to force his way out of Minny due to Ricky Rubio wasting his prime, and never being able to reach the playoffs or even reach .500

The dumbest thing Morey could do is to waste a year of Harden's development as a PG by bringing in the guy Kevin Love escaped from. I might also note that the player responsible for wasting a year of Harden's prime was Dwight Howard ... another love of bbh in his short-sided and bizarre campaign to pigeonhole Harden and keep his creativity in a box...actually accusing Harden of being selfish...when the entire team is 100% behind him now and loves him for his selfless creativity.

It's almost like this commercial about putting Harden in a box was made for bbh

Richie_Rich, SamFisher and Cashmoney like this.
  7. SamFisher

At least Ty Lawson had the decency to get wasted rather than contribute to Harden wasting.

8. vick

vick Member

The only way i would like Rubio is if we could trade him for Brewer. That would be an even bad trade for both teams.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wouldn't even want him on this team for brewer. Brewer doesnt need the ball in his hands playing his role. Rubio does bc he cant play off ball when he cant shoot or finish in the paint.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol kenny and chuck are spot on on inside the nba. "Rubio isnt a threat at all. Defenses play 5 on 4 against minnesota making them easier to guard"

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How much bandwidth has been wasted on this site going in circles with trollholic? Seriously holic, take up a new hobby (or at least a new username) and stop using this great site Clutch made for REAL Rockets fans to continue your agenda. You are a cancer here, do us all a favor and leave.

12. basketballholic

I do not love Dwight Howard. Never have. Never will. Don't care for him as a person. believe he's the best interior defender since Hakeem but a below average offensive player. More distortion and false verbiage by heyp above.

13. heypartner

So, by only finding that statement of mine to be distortion, you accept the rest of my comments ,,, i.e. Rubio wasted Love's years and Dwight Howard wasted a year of Harden's prime and you advocated utilizing him more in the low post, defending him with big threads, accusing Harden of being selfish for not feeding the big man more.

You advocated wasting a year of Harden's prime by catering to Howard and you are doing it again with this Rubio love all summer to now...and you have the audacity to say Morey is wasting his prime when we are the surprise team of the league by far.

Besides, you know Morey is trying to make trades every year, and you act like he doesn't want to at all. Like all GMs suck who can't pull off your trades even if they wanted to.

#133 heypartner, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  14. basketballholic

No. That's your illogical supposition. Silence is not consent except to sexual predators and terrorists.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What?

You mean the victims keeping silence against the sexual predators is equal to the consensus of the offenders actions?

WOW!!!

16. malakas

malakas Member

Kris Dunn looks like a bust to me. Maybe too early to say it but he's not a 19-20 y.o. He can't run an offence, can't shoot, and can't dribble well.
    Kinda better version of MCW.

17. heypartner

OK, gotcha.

So, admit it, you think Daryl Morey has tremendously improved our title chances with his Summer moves to the point of only needing 1 or 2 role players to finish the puzzle around Harden. I'll treat your silence to this post as lack of consent, thus implying we still need an All-Star to Superstar addition to the team to have any chances of getting past SAS, GSW and CLE en route to a title.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My two cents on "playmakers" and James Harden is....I think what we are seeing this season, the best season for James Harden, is that he DOES need the ball in his hands as the "primary" playmaker. However....there IS a need for a "secondary" playmaker to offset the obvious traps Harden will get in the playoffs. That "secondary" playmaker needs to be effective "off the ball." Bev and Gordon play that role to different degrees. But I would like to see another combo-guard or small forward added with those capabilities.

#138 Deuce, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Vivi and Richie_Rich like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

This what many of us would definitely agree on

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We already have that... in Corey "51 points" Brewer! It's just he doesn't do all those things very well.