1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry having best season in Raptors franchise history

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would take KLow over Bev even if it costs us God mode Harden.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm very familiar with the reference. If Lowry is here, and I loved Lowry and still like him a lot, we don't have the evolution of Jimmy that we have this year.

_holic would had his way and made Jimmy off the ball which is obviously the wrong choice.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

I would love to have Lowry as our bev, and Gordon role off the bench. But I would much prefer god mode Harden + bev rather than off the ball Harden and point guard Lowry.

I will take the best player in the NBA day in and day out.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Raptors are the typical and ultimate free chucking team of the NBA, but unlike the Rox, they are chucking with lots of long 2s.

They are just a Rox lite playing in the East.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for him, he doesn't fit with Harden.

DD

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I never understand this reasoning. How in the world can a guy suddenly shoot well in a contract year? The only thing you can improve in terms of wanting to get a good contract is effort. Shooting is a skill, not an effort. You can't shoot better just by playing harder, clap clap. In fact, most shooters will tell you, you tend to shoot worse if you try too hard to make shots in a game.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better than Vince Carter's year?

Code:

Season    Age  Tm  Lg Pos  G GS   MP   FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P  2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
    2000-01    24 TOR NBA  SF 75 75 39.7 10.2 22.1 .460 2.2 5.3 .408 8.0 16.8 .477 .509 5.1 6.7 .765 2.3 3.2 5.5 3.9 1.5 1.1 2.2 2.7 27.6

Provided by [url=http://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]Basketball-Reference.com[/url]: [url=http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cartevi01.html?sr&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#per_game]View Original Table[/url]
    Generated 1/19/2017.

8. omgTHEpotential

Yes, I think Lowry is having a slightly bigger impact on his team.

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Still doesn't change the fact that he jacks **** up all the time

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Steph Curry 9.5 3pt attempts per game at .397.
    Kyle Lowry 7.4 3pt attempts per game at .442.

Look who jacks *** up all the time. You are just a hater.

waytookrzy079 and Tha_Dude like this.
  11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Good for Kyle, I always liked his aggressive play and hustle when he played here and how he never took nights off. I wish him all the success in the world except for when he plays against the Rockets. ;)

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

He's a jack up IMO if you don't like my opinion keep it moving

13. DMO (DJ remix)

Welcome to the forum, idiot.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The only people who would care about "jimmy's" evolution and being "off the ball" at the cost of having Kyle lowry would be those who place more importance on jimmy's individual statistics at the expese of having a better team.

If the rockets had Lowry, Harden would probably never be able to put up these stats and wouldn't be leading the league (along with Westbrook) in time of possession with the ball, but guess what? The Rockets would also be a much better team, with a much more dynamic attack, depth and talent.

Lowry, Bev
    Harden, gordon
    Ariza, Brewer
    Anderson, Decker
    Cappela, Nene, Harrell

That is a damn good team. And for those who thinks Lowry wouldnt fit with Harden, Lowry plays great with Derozan, one of the most ball dominant shooting guards in the league.

15. MGC

MGC Member

Lowry was traded to the Raptors for a 1st round pick and Gary Forbes.
    The 1st round pick which ultimately became the 12th pick of the 2013 draft (Steven Adams) was flipped together with Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and other draft selections for The Beard.

As for Dragic, I believe the Suns had promised a starting job.

Zacatecas likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

First of all that is hyperbole.

This team wouldn't be nearly as good with Lowry running the offense because Kyle is half the player Jimmy is.

Secondly, you don't have this maturation and evolution from harden, who has begging the MVP and best players in the world.

Off ball Harden isn't nearly as good. And off ball Jimmy isn't enough to make the difference with Lowry.

17. BigMaloe

@_holic?

Why would anyone want to love harden off the ball, when constant control of it is leading to the MVP and best player in the world nods

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i will take Vince over him any day of the week. Much harder back then with better defences to play against

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lowry wanted to leave, him leaving led to us getting Harden. Dragic also wanted to go back to Phoenix, he loved it there.

sometimes a GM doesn't have a say in where a player wants to play, so don't blame Morey for it.

Would you rather have Lowry or Harden ?

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They could have signed Lowry instead of waiting for Melo.