1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's Approval Ratings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jan 18, 2017.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

47 to 50 with margin of error of 2-3%, I would not say they really do like him. More like Conservative whites really dislike him, Liberal and moderate white people think he is just fine.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

President Obama is leaving office with historically high approval ratings. Only 2 presidents have had higher ratings in January just before the inauguration. Clinton at 66%, Reagan at 64%, and then you have the President at 60%. When I look at the poll, the first thing that comes to mind is, why did Trump win? When I look at those numbers I see a Democratic victory last November. What were many of these Americans doing on election day? Not bothering to vote? Had "better" things to do? Still mad because their guy didn't win in the primaries?

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hillary was historically bad at running the campaign, and she was not the greatest candidate either.

amaru, Amiga and Deckard like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if she was "historically bad" or not. She received nearly 3,000,000 more popular votes than her opponent. Certainly the loss will go down in history simply because a truly bizarre Republican candidate managed to win, but she still should have been able to beat Trump. What truly cost her this election is still being unraveled. I think, "she was not the greatest candidate," doesn't tell us nearly enough.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

She didn't campaign enough in some states she thought she was going to win. She really shouldn't have lost Michigan and Wisconsin.

Nook likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am an anti - conservative, always vote against them, and I voted for Hillary, but she was an awful candidate. Lacks charisma, charm and is the epitome of an establishment politician.

Bernie was my guy, and still wonder how he would have performed.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nearly 3 months later and people are still hyper analyzing why Clinton lost. I thought the left moved on?

-Obama has a historic high approval rating
    -Clinton won by 3M votes
    -Not sure if she was a bad candidate

These are all points of entitlement. Clinton was not entitled. Most of us understand why Clinton lost. She played it safe and tried to play Trump's game ... and lost. She had no message other than "im not Trump".

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We actually agree on something.

Dems royally messed up when they tacitly gave her dibs on the 2016 nod after Obama beat Romney.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Trump weren't so disgusting, I don't think Obama's rating would be so high. The comparision makes him look really good.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I agree with this too. I know I am a big critic of Obama, but he's not a terrible president but he's not even close to being a great president. I personally found him ineffective and could have accomplish much more.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, when he was actually the president his approval ratings were in the dump, but now that he's leaving people can go back to pretending they like him even though he's still doing awful things and he was a total failure as president.

okierock likes this.
  12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why? What kind of people do we have in this country? From 38% to 60% within months.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Trump has not done anything yet as a president, disgusting is not a word to evaluate him right now.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would be President Sanders

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No. It's a very appropriate word for his post-election behavior.

Evaluating Trump as president will commence shortly. I have a feeling the American public will suffer an explosive bout of Montezuma's revenge.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One of the best Presidents of all time.

His ratings have been great for most of his presidency for a reason, once people actually SEE what he is about, they can appreciate his intelligence and wisdom.

We are going to miss him, for sure.

DD

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, he actually has done a number of things already. Even if you ignore all the tweets, he has nominated a number of people for cabinet positions, including: a billionaire woman with no experience in public education, who wants to divert money from public education to private and religious school vouchers; someone who has made questionable (at best) statements about race to be attorney general; a congressman who questions the science of global change as someone to head up the EPA; someone with strong ties to the oil industry and who wants to eliminate the Department of Energy (the very department he is nominated to head up); nominated someone that made billions off the housing crisis to head Treasury; someone that wants to end the minimum wage to head up Labor, someone that was fired for incompetence and was/will be investigated for handling of classified documents to head up the NSA; an ex-Exxon billionaire with deep ties to Russia to head up State, someone with no related experience to head up HUD; and a self-admitted white nationalist as his Senior Advisor.

So for someone that hasn't done anything yet, Trump has been very busy, and each action is a major red flag and worthy of criticism.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not to mention taking credit for economic stuff, when he wasn't even in office.

Dude is a chump.

And here is the reason for Obama's ratings....

[​IMG]

DD

Invisible Fan and adoo like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

bigotexx faints