1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An update on Bradley Manning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rhadamanthus, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We tortured the **** out of him and handed him a noose in the later years.

Snowden wouldn't be able to do five.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then never again let me hear you whine about the Russian hacks since they were just whistleblowing.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

haha, cool for bringing that up. Now I get a chance to explain :)

First, Manning was jailed, something I didn't disagree to - I said it was fine. Breaking the law has its consequences and those that risk doing so to expose corruption, illegal activities, while not requiring or expecting anything in return is often very honorable - this is often known as whistleblowing. But the law is the law and consequences is expected.

Second, the content of the Russian's hack wasn't an issue for me. I enjoyed reading some of the material and getting to see some of the inside stuffs. But that doesn't excuse the hack. Hacking is illegal.

Third, the hack itself isn't even an issue to me in this period of our time, as that's still a pretty common practice. But that, again, absolutely doesn't excuse the hack. It is illegal.

Now the intent. The effort to push the election to a candidate is a different story. There is nothing honorable here, and the intent wasn't to expose corruption, but was to gain something. So the hack isn't excusable and the effort to sway our election is not just only not excusable, it is uniquely new and something that should be dealt with. Or not - we can just ignore the laws, common practices and take it.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

So how does this apply to Bernie Sanders and the DNC?

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sorry, not following. If you mean the exposure of the DNC picking Clinton... I have been a critic of the DNC from day one. So, yes, their intent to pick Clinton was as dumb as it get and the members of the DNC during that time deserved to be ousted completely.

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Just wondering your stance on that. I haven't been following the forums as much lately.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No problem. To add, that was my stance before the exposure was known. It was pretty clear what they were doing.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Bobbie so you want one, two many Iraqs? I guess you are a Ted Cruzy make the sand glow w. nuclear bombing type?.

Teach them AArabs to respect their masters.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't expect you to understand, but doing things right in Iraq would have led to the stabilization of the region and the country of Iraq being a success story instead of completely screwing things up the way they did leading to the rise of ISIS and pissing away any progress that might have been made in the region.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

any wagers on which awful people will get set free today?

John Walker Lindh?
    Bergdahl?
    Assata Shakur?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I would think maybe Sirhan Sirhan because he's an enemy of the state and all which Obama usually likes, but I think Obama might see his crime as a crime against the DNC and we know he takes those seriously.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot say I have much feeling about this either way.
    I honestly don't know enough about the person and their crimes
    On the surface . . . I don't think it is someone I would have commuted at least not so soon.

That said. . . . I makes me concerned about what the next round of pardons and commutes will look like

Rocket River
    It will be the liberals turn to howl and cry foul