1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Mr. Space City

Kareem also didn't have a physical disadvantage.

With Kareem it was just getting better at things like technique and footwork.

Fuller cant get bigger hands.

I came in understanding that fuller would never be that guy that can pluck a ball out the air like Hopkins but when he's missing basket catches that's something that really has me worried because that's the only way he can catch balls deep.

Even on deep catches that he completed earlier on the year, he bobbled them.

Its getting to be really worrisome now, especially when it comes to playing a future "bad weather" game in the playoffs eventually.

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

[​IMG]

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how anyone watching that game wouldn't have been impressed with our defense. They were awesome! Two interceptions in one game by Brady is over the top! Only two teams all season got an interception on Brady and we got two in one game. Some great plays were negated by some terrible penalties and missed tackles, which hurt us; but we couldn't have asked much more from our defense.

The second half adjustments they made seemed to work, because Brady was really moving that ball down the field. If anything, we were struggling in our secondary to stop him in the second half, but our rush defense was amazing! That one goal line stance we made was the absolute best defensive stance I have ever seen in any game!!!! Hats off to our defense!

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

BoB passed on TeddyB because of his lack of size. We'll he got him a QB with size and it's worked out so spectacularly that now you see him doing a complete 180 and going after the guy he's already passed on. Not to mention that TeddyB may never play football again. Yeah, that's the way to go alright.

5. Major

Major Member

I don't think you need bigger hands to make a basket catch in football. Lots of smaller receivers do it all the time. A lot of that is technique too. Back in Jackson's first year, no one thought his problems were simply technique that he would improve on either - otherwise, people wouldn't have been advocating to simply cut him.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see him getting a say in the matter.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Teddy fans would want him even if he was in a wheelchair. You just have to kind of know that's where they stand on the issue and accept it while moving on.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, Brady was less accurate once he started getting hit.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Looking back at the game a day later, I'm honestly impressed the Texans were able to keep at an exciting game, and keep me emotionally invested the whole way through. I guess that makes it hurt all the more since we had a shot to win, but I'm proud of the guys for not letting down and giving us the best game of the post-season so far.

Brock wasn't good, but that was to be expected and I thought he gave us one of his somewhat better games of the season. He had the opportunity to completely flip the narrative on him, but didn't. A few dropped passes didn't help either IMO. Not sure where you go from here, Osweiler signing really set the franchise back a couple of years. The sad thing is all we need is an average offense and OK QB to become Super Bowl contenders - and that is proving too elusive to find.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's still crazy that the QB threw 3 perfect TD passes and it only led to one TD. It's perfectly fair to criticize Osweiler for his mistakes and inaccuracies in that game, but much like the rest of the season, he didn't have much help.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It was reminiscent of the 4-down stop '11 playoffs @BAL

Three INTs by a Texan happened then too.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Fuller can improve his technique. He can overcome his hands. That ball didn't hit is hands, it hit his are ARMS. He didnt use proper technique. That can be taught.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I gained more respect for Clowney last night as a leader. He impressed me with his toughness last night after we got down 14-3. Someone called it out on the game thread last night, Clowney's not a b*tch and won't tolerate getting punked in the Playoffs, no matter who the opposing team is. At that juncture of the game, the Texans could have easily quit like they have in the past against the Patriots. We need more players that are fiery and have an edge like Clowney. McNair needs to stop acquiring so many good guys who are soft, we need players who get ticked off whenever they get outplayed.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Still disappointed they went with osweiler when savage lost the job just because of a concussion

I mean what did they expect our of osweiler out there?

It was the same thing we've been seeing all year

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is what I want to say, too, but I feel as Texans fans, we've been conditioned to say this stuff after our season ends.

I'm sick of saying those types of things.

I'm sick of saying, "we lost, but we played well."

I want to stop using "ifs" and "buts" as a fan.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Even if he had thrown three touchdowns, three interceptions is not good enough.

You're not going to win if your quarterback throws one pick per touchdown. Especially if it's on 5.5 yards per attempt.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, but if we had those 3 TD's, do we have 3 interceptions? It's a totally different game with those TD's and you wouldn't be passing anywhere near as much.

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

True, but at some point you have to be realistic. We were 16 point underdogs playing in Foxborough, at that point you really just have to hope for the best. If we are favorites in a game and lose, I'm sure as hell not coming away with a moral victory. But to be honest, it was a miracle we were able to keep that game competitive last night.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Well I hope Hopkins is smart enough to leave early. He will be another Andre.

This organization deserves mediocre talent. Let the good ones strive for greatness somewhere else.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, and this is why your opinion on everything Texans related is irrelevant. I would have a similar opinion if I went in a Cowboys forum.....which is why I don't bother.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but why not head to a forum of a team you actually support instead of just trolling this one?