1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

A Thomas - Dragic backcourt would be bad imo, Dragic seems also a bit declining at this point, not sure Ainge has any interest in him, Bradley is a perfect fit next to Thomas, younger and cheaper, they have other pieces to trade IF they want Boogie imo...i can see other teams looking for Goran at this point, teams, like Dallas, Sacramento, Denver...

Mathloom likes this.
  2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

@JamalP. Can we get in on that action.

Rockets in: --

Sac in: Rockets 1st rd 16/17/ Boston 1st

Boston in: Rockets 1st rd 18/19, Rockets 2nd

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=

Throw in Ennis Tyler to Boston

Then Sac trades Rudy Gay in separate deal.
    Oops....left out Dragic. Let's work them in. Lol

#1042 Jatman20, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

How about:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ha8j4jq

Sac: Houston 1st 16/17, 2nd rounder...Boston picks
    Miami: Houston 1st 18/19, 2nd rounder...Boston picks
    Boston: Houston 2nd rounder

Draft picks sorted out accordingly.

Then Sac trades Rudy Gay.

#1043 Jatman20, Jan 10, 2017
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Low risk, high reward signings are pure Morey. And we are talking about end of bench emergency players anyway.

Lance Stephenson would add another good physical wing defender who can also score and facilitate. Edge player who will not back down from anyone, even LeBron. Backs up Ariza, compete with Brewer.

Larry Sanders would provide elite rim protection with his 7-7 wingspan, 6-11 length and athleticism needed at the 5. Capable of being another triple double threat. Not being brought in to start but can step in in event of injury or certain match ups.

Jimmer Fredette is a scoring and ball handling machine. He literally lacks any conscience when it comes to offense, perfect back up to Gordon when Gordon needs rest or gets nicked up.

All 3 would be low risk high reward signings, all under 30 and best of all, no draft picks required. Would be huge upgrades to Ennis, Brown and Onuaku, especially in the postseason. All the off field, character issues are minimized by the roles and high character guys already on the team. Could also see MDA and his positive culture reinvigorating all 3 of their careers.

Hakeemtheking, ramotadab and Jatman20 like this.
  5. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

What's the latest on Sanders? Last i heard he wanted to quit basketball to pursue smoking the devil's lettuce.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

ramotadab likes this.
  7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Exactly the sorta trade I think we'll do, and I'd do that in a heartbeat. Not sure the Kings would want Dragic though if they were getting rid of Boogie

8. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

They wouldn't cost us anything either... maybe we can get jared jack too.. either/or i think it would be a huge upgrade.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Kings have Koufos to go along with Papagiannis.....Skal Labissiere would get time. Kings are in
    players for next year mode even though they are on the bubble. Heat could see if Olynyk with Whiteside
    sample. Convince him to stay this summer. Boston loses Bradley but keep their precious Crowder.
    Rockets could figure out playing time behind Harden as we go. Kings will trade Rudy Gay for position fill.
    They could make a playoff run with Dragic.

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

So Sac would get rid of Cousins, Mia get rid of Dragic, Bos would get rid of Bradley and Olynyk and we get rid of scrubs.

11. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

You can't trade away back to back 1sts and afaik we don't have our 17 1st, so we could offer 18 and 20. I think we have value in our 3 second round picks though.

We make out like bandits. I don't think any other team wants to do this though. We also don't need Bradley. Great player but we just don't need him. I'd be happy if this happened I just don't think it would.

Jatman20 likes this.
  12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

We would give up 2 (1st rounders) & 3 (2nd rounders). More than likely Boston would give up
    2 (1st rounders & multiple 2 rounders).

Boston Cousins/Horford/Crowder/Smart/Thomas....do they want Cousins or not? Cavs have trouble w/bigs

Miami would get 2 x 1st rd picks & 2 x 2nd rd picks or more. Rozier & Olynyk can play. The replacement
    for Bosh they have lacked. Next yr: Whiteside/Olynyk/Winslow/Tyler Johnson/Rozier (re-sign Olynyk)

Sac would get 2 x 1st rd picks & 2 x 2nd rd picks or more. Koufos/Skal/Rudy Gay/Affalo/Dragic
    Kings could use Rudy Gay trade to upgrade PF & SF from possible Tolliver/Skal L/Casspi/Matt Barnes/KJ
    Or go with Koufos/Casspi/Rudy Gay/Affalo/Dragic...........McLemore & Collison

Rumor all year has been them giving up Olynyk/Rozier/picks & 2 of these guys Smart/Crowder/Bradley
    x Cousins. I think they would like the idea of only one of Smart/Bradley/Crowder. Rudy trade would net more picks to Kings.....while still possibly making playoffs this year.

It's not a perfect trade.....I threw it together on the run. It would help us avoid need during FA this summer.
    Harden/Bradley/Ariza/Ryno/Capela....Bev/EGo/Dekker/Harrell/WCS. Keeps the team together more or less. Picks would be the big sacrifice......but I'm not sure they would get playing time anyway.
    Sac & Miami probably would package Bos & Rox picks to move up in draft.

#1052 Jatman20, Jan 10, 2017
  13. hakimthdream02

i want to sign mario chalmers... imagine that comin off the bench and Tyler ennis isnt good anyway shoulda kept beasley

14. hakimthdream02

Tyler ennis for a 2nd rounder????????????? if they would take it
    and watch out we might have a trade at the deadline (feb 23)

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Watch him go to the Cavs as soon as he's healty and ready to play.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I thought we didn't have a 16/17 first as well.....I researched it. There is a technicality around the Stepien
    Rule. The second the 15/16 draft finished......technically the Rockets could then trade their 16/17 1st rd pick.
    Discussed it with others on Cap Space thread. I was corrected.

#1056 Jatman20, Jan 10, 2017
    kwakmeister and BigMaloe like this.
  17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Trade back Bucks Micheal beasley next year for bench.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets get - Koufus, Collison and Casspi
    Rockets trade - Brewer, KJ, Dekker and Ennis

Kings get - Knight, Brewer, KJ, Dekker and Suns 2nd
    Kings trade - Gay, Koufus, Collison and Casspi

Suns get - Abrines, Payne
    Suns trade - Knight, Suns 2nd

OKC gets - Gay, Ennis
    OKC trades - Abrines, Payne

Balances all teams out. Rockets add a PG who can create offense and shoot three's, SF/PF who can shoot 3's, and a big that can rebound.

Beverley / Collison
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Casspi
    Anderson / Harrell
    Capela / Koufus / Nene

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I figured out why we were interested in koufos. I thought it was just because he's a crap bench player we may be able to afford with losing brewer, but digging deeper I noticed something very nice about koufos.

In the PnR as the roll man he scores a very very good 1.42 ppp(points per possession) while converting at a very very good 75fg%.

For context the only regular Big's, who are rotation players, that grade above him and around him that use the play with at least a 10% frequency are;

Mejri 1.64ppp (crazy)
    gobert 1.55ppp
    Koufos 1.42 pop <--------
    Tyson 1.41ppp
    DeAndre 1.42ppp
    capela 1.30ppp

mejri 90fg% (really astounding)
    DeAndre 81.1fg%
    Gobert 80fg%
    Tyson 77.3fg%
    Koufos 75fg% <--------
    Capela 67.6fg%

I think he could be cheap and do wonders. Matches up with brewers salary perfect. My guess is morey doesn't want to use a 1st to dump brewer.

SLRokJok and Jatman20 like this.
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

A Morey move when you think about it. Above avg production for position at things that fit the
    system at tolerable salary. Mozgov getting $16 mil/yr probably scares Morey at the thought of
    the cost of upcoming FA's.....especially centers. Nice to be an NFL team with a quarterback
    on a rookie contract producing; which allows the team to spend money elsewhere. Koufos is adequate in production & salary; which allows the Rockets to spend more at other skill positions.
    As is, the Rockets may be limited on how much they spend this upcoming summer.

I had my eye on Mejri until he and Ariza got into it. Ariza would snap his neck.

#1060 Jatman20, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.