1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring it on!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm feeling good after the win yesterday. It's looking more and more like we'll be playing New England next week. Literally nobody is giving is a chance to win.

You know what? I say bring it on.

A team is most dangerous when they have nothing to lose. This team and its defense is going to use that as bulletin board material all week.

If we can get consistent pressure on Brady while guarding against the quick passes, this team has a chance. O'Brien has to show his mettle and out game plan his mentor. That's a tall task, I know. It's the biggest key, obviously.

They have the number one scoring defense, but as long as we can hold them under 20, we have a chance.

I like that fact that we're coming off a team building, momentum-inducing win, while they're coming off a bye.

Bring it on.

Whatever happens, I'm always a fan.

eric.81, macho87, Plowman and 5 others like this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. awc713

awc713 Member

Their rings are tainted with Htown influence anyways. Time to restore order to the universe.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Of course the Texans have a chance if the Texans are lucky enough to draw a match up against their opponents 3rd string inexperienced QB again.
    'Wait... they already played the Pats 3rd string QB and lost..... sigh.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Weather appears to not become a factor. As of today, forecast for next Sunday is a high of 33 with 0% precip. If that holds, it will certainly help to not have to deal with a bunch of snow.

6. Mr. Motiejunas

Don't be such a p***y ass. Anything can happen.

macho GRANDE and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

The teams that have had success against Brady (Giants, Ravens, last years Broncos) have done so by generating a pass rush without blitzing. If Clowney, Merci and Reader can play like they did yesterday I see no reason why the Texans can't compete.

8. Mr. Motiejunas

The Goal for the Texans should be 21 points on Offense, they give that to the D and we have a nice chance. O'B can't play that gay ass conservative offense.

9. conquistador#11

if we're going down, might as well put some bodies in body bags. late hits are only 15 yards. very well worth it. make brady eat nothing but avocado ice cream for two weeks.

T for 3 likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

I love the Patriots. I follow them a lot and respect them. But I would be more worried about the Chiefs for the Texans. The Chiefs have a strong opportunistic defense, even with Derrick Johnson out. Not through best matchup with a turnover prone QB like Brock. Plus Tyreek returning kicks is a nightmare scenario with how bad Houston's return team has been playing. Of the two QBs, Brady has shown he can be rattled with pressure. Alex Smith is just above average. Pressure or not. Brady is considerably different with defenders in his face, something the Texans do well.

I'm not saying the Patriots are worse than the Chiefs but I just think they are a better matchup for the Texans.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Honestly this should be a good game for the whole team(except special teams..who I think will be the reason we lose). No pressure on Brock since no one expects us to win so I say let it rip. BoB needs to take chances on the offense. And I hope the defense takes it real personally that everyone thinks this will be a blowout. They need to just push Brady's $h!+ in and we can get this upset!

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

That being said, this reminds me of the 2011 playoffs against the Bengals and then the Ravens. The biggest thing I'm scared of is Belichek vs OBrien.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

lol

Angkor Wat and Bobbythegreat like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we pull out the Letterman jackets again, we will blow them out.

Nook and mario_v like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

A better running game is an absolute must. If we get that, we'll have a chance, but without that I think we lose by double digits. The defense gives us hope, which is better than nothing! As for coaching, I've said it before and I'll say it again, O'Brien has done a very good job with the hand he was dealt. He'll run a conservative game plan against the Patriots and hope the defense can keep it close. I'll be watching the line and will most likely will take the under I suspect. Should be interesting!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The first quarter could be interesting.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm happy to be wrong but anyone thinking this is a better matchup then the chiefs is crazy. There's a reason why the Patriots are so respected. And moreso against the Texans whom they've dominated.

If the Texans have great d, an offense that doesn't make mistakes, AND the Patriots way underperform they can win.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans already beat the Chiefs this season 19-12 and were shut out at home 27-0 by the Patriots without Tom Brady and starting a third string quarterback with less than a week of practice.

Couple that with the coaching quality of BB and I don't see the Patriots as a good match up at all for the Texans.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though and anything is possible.

Houstunna likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Joe Flacco Ravens managed to beat the Patriots with EXACTLY the same gameplan that the Texans need to roll with. Dominant defense to limit the Patriots offense to a minimum amount of scoring and an offense that doesn't turn it over and runs the ball a lot. Make 21 points enough to win and the Texans have a chance.

verse, PhiSlamma15 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Our defense is legitimate and even without Watt we are good in the trenches. The issue is QB, OLine and a coaching match up that extremely one sided.