1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So why the hell media hates Rockets so much ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Nov 8, 2016.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Harden is an offensive juggernaut but his style is boring. His assists doubled, clearly because of dantoni's system. Harden's on pace to break the all time turnover record so all those assists don't mean much and he's hogging the ball more than ever.

2. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Houston invested too much into harden and neglected their other superstar. And yes, Howard is still an elite player. He shoots over 60%, is still a rebounding machine and an elite defender. You simply can't win a championship with a one way player like harden.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lin got injured and never looked the same after.

Why didn't Melo, Kobe, Dwight, etc. get better under MDA? Are Melo and Kobe not elite scorers?

LMAO, he says I went to the box score of that game where James scored 24 points then he goes on to say Harden played no defense. He just said he checked the box score, and assumes Harden played no defense. What's funny is if you look at the box score you see Harden is getting steals and defensive rebounds. He is even drawing charges this year. But that YT video will follow him forever. Someone just needs to make a video: Stephen Curry/Kyrie Irving, heck even LeBron James #1 Defensive Juggernaut. I wouldn't mind teaming up with some CF members where we each split up 5-10 players and take care of 1 each this season.

Harden is full-time playmaker PG, and the #1 scorer. TOs are a given. Some of them happen bc his teammates fumble the ball away.

#64 Brown Lost It, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I argued with my friends last year for over a month that Harden was a better passer/playmaker than LeBron and they wouldn't hear it. Now that he is leading the league in assists they are saying it's because of D'Antoni, and even things like assists are not indicative of how good a passer you are. Is MDA making the passes out their, or did he just make Harden full time PG (and 100% commit to it with Bev getting hurt)? Why didn't he turn Melo and Kobe into MVP type players?

And, if that's the case then his bad defense is because of D'Antoni.

LMAO LeBron nut huggers are the worst.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If I try really hard, I can get find something wrong or get angry at this tweet.

screw the media!

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You're either 12 years old and incapable of critical thought, or have no clue what you're watching when you watch basketball. How can someone be a ball hog AND lead the league in assists?? Of course he's going to turn it over.....he's literally being asked to do more for his team than any other player in the entire NBA. It's incredibly telling that you're bored watching someone dissect defenses with precision passing, lethal shooting, and an uncanny ability to finish at the rim. Harden is literally the entire package.....but go ahead and keep banging that Dwight Howard drum all you want, troll.

shastarocket and MistaK like this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

It's uncanny what a player can accomplish when he actually has players he can pass to besides J-Smoove, Terrence Jones, and Michael "I got the ball, it's mine now" Beasley.

Swap Harden for LeBron or Curry and I wonder what kind of numbers he would put up. What if he had Kerr, Pippen, Rodman, and Longley?

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You either only watch / read sports media heads who don't actually watch games, just highlights or have no level of understanding of how the game is played. For one, you can't be a ballhog and be the assist leader. Harden has the highest usage, because he is the only one on the team that can do anything with the ball. Ego might turn out to be the 2nd guy, but it's too early to honestly tell. If you want to see ballhog, look at Kobe or Melo. Those guys are ballhogs. You give them the ball, you don't get t back. Let me ask you a question; have you seen our team play when Harden doesn't have the ball?!?

LOL... just LOL. You mean the SAME Howard that has burned bridges with all his previous teams? The same player who the Lakers (renowned for investing heavily in their stars), Nash (high usage, renowned professional and team player), and Gasol (renowned unselfish team player) couldn't get along with? The same Howard that we force fed the ball to the first 2 seasons to disastrous results until we finally gave up on it and instead of handling it like the pro he is supposed to be he pouted and quit? We are talking about that Howard correct?

11. Tadow

Tadow Member

I wouldn't say "disastrous" results... He just didn't get in where he fit in last season

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11th on espns latest power rankings

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, Harden sure was boring last night. I mean, seriously, who wants to watch that? When he went coast to coast, stutter-stepped in the lane past two defenders, then hit a nasty floater over Okafor (I think), I literally yawned. What a waste of time.

14. thiefery

thiefery Member

Not sure if it's the media "hating on Harden and HOU" or fans just being so freaking sensitive. I know, I know get of my lawn, yada yada yada

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm pretty surprised no one is talking about the game tonight on the various sport shows. Rocket number 3, Spurs number 2 and no one seems to care. I thought this was going to be a day of wall to wall Rockets coverage.. and nothing.

I guess it's better that no one is paying attention; the Rockets do better when no one is watching.

16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

17. Rockets4Life13

I tell you... if harden doesn't get MVP this year, i am not going to respect the award anymore going forward. Even if i don't watch at the teams wins it's f'in obvious that harden is miles ahead of WB yet still every dumb person in the media says Westbrook is the MVP. Arrrgh i hate this **** so much

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

With Capela out it's probably better that ESPN doesn't choose to hype this game as the one that would prove the Rockets are legit.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do people care about the media so much?

I care about what Rockets fans think about the Rockets

What's more important? A win or the media's thoughts on the win?

20. Rockets4Life13

I think it's mostly about respect. Everybody wants respect for what he's doing. That's all.