1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to hire Mike D'Antoni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, May 26, 2016.

?

Doyou agree with the Rockets decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach?

1. YES

152 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NO

639 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't vote but I didn't support the signing. The Rockets are definitely winning and playing at a considerably higher level than I expected this roster to play at under ANY coach. So it's definitely looking like I (along with apparently about 85% of us) was wrong - incredibly wrong even. That said, there is a whole lot of season left. And who knows how we'll do in the playoffs. What if we perform in the regular season every year under D'Antoni but with the increased intensity of the playoffs never see success? Then I'll still have been incredibly wrong, but not quite as incredibly wrong. And I hope I'm more and more wrong every day.

That said I was all in on Capela and Trez from day one and I never understood the hate on Dekker. I was waiting to see him healthy to judge. So I'm feeling pretty good about all of that.

Of course I also liked when we re-signed Corey Brewer, so...

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT CHRIS FINCH????

MystikArkitect, Outlier and ParaSolid like this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

DD curse incoming.

[​IMG]

topfive likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

this counts as an endorsement right

DreamShook likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Curses are for the weak minded...no curse, I voted before the season 20-7...says it all.

DD

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your curse is the only curse I believe in. It happens too often. We just lost DMo. I mean, facts are facts.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wow I didnt vote in this one. Sure I voted for NO. But given I haven't voted yet, maybe I'll put in a yes :rolleyes:

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I voted yes! Woohoo!

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

I was on board. Was a fan of the signing.
    Pretty telling 83% said NO

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

yep voted yes then and still maintain yes

topfive likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. 17 out of every 20 ClutchFans members doesn't have a f*cking clue what they're talking about. :)

Sure, McHale was a "players' coach" -- which is a euphemism for "coach without a system." This year guys actually know where to be and what to do, and MDA gives them the freedom to do it.

What's amazing is that so many people thought it was a truly horrendous idea to hire the guy who invented the Warriors vaunted offense -- the same offense that was making most of you cream your pants over the last two years.

It's moments like this where the acronym SMMFH comes in handy.

DreamShook and Tha_Dude like this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

In the end, our current success does not mean we'll bode well vs stellar teams in the playoffs. Once our 3pt-shooting is shaken, we disappear, unfortunately. I was wrong about MDA, I don't mind eating crow on that. I still don't know if he'll be the coach to lead us to anything truly special, but I am happy with where we are, especially considering the abomination that last year was.

13. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

I overlooked this tweet

mikol13 likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mike D wasn't my first choice but once he was hired I was on board. iirc I voted yes in the poll.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I was against signing Jeremy Lin. I was against acquiring Ty Lawson, but I wasn't against the Pringles hire.

16. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

All these folks coming out of the woodworks over here like "i loved the Pringles hire. 17 out of 20 clutchfanners dont know what they are talking about" and im over here like "if you agreed with me we would both be wrong"

17. HTM

HTM Member

To be fair his last two jobs were pretty much high profile disasters.... it's been a long time since Mr. Pringles was successful.

bro2044 and J.R. like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still here, still not watching Rockets(or NBA) games. I watch the Rockets like @FTW Rockets FTW watches the Texans. ;)

Nope, never gonna convince me NOT interviewing Van Gundy or Thibodeau or Vogel or any other top candidate was "good".

The other two finalists were James Borrego & Stephen Silas and if Daryl had his way, one of them would be coaching the Rockets right now.

But good for Mike not being a complete failure [so far] like he was in NY & LA. :)

Doesn't hurt Daryl finally added some shooters/complimentary players in Gordon, Anderson & Nene. I'm sure McHale/Bickerstaff wouldn't have minded having them.

19. Asian Sensation

So Les deserves all the props?

20. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Voted no, my bad.