1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No.

It's 27-32. That's the classical definition.

2. Malaya

Malaya Member

Rockets are looking like they're holding DMo hostage. team is winning even without DMo. It should have been obvious to everyone DMo tried everything not to sign here. And the FO won't do right by him and insist on legalities but screw up a player? looks bad even if you're a Rockets fan

HakeemOnlyFan and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My prime is 4-82

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Such a dumb post...

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's on point. The Rockets won't let DMo sign elsewhere, and when he signs with them they still keep him in limbo. It does look pretty bad for the FO.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

people think the rockets should make dumb moves because we are 17-7 makes no sense lmao

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, Goran Dragic and Jermaine O'Neal come to mind as people who were in the league quite a while before becoming stars too. Ben Wallace, John Starks, Anthony Mason and Hassan Whiteside all come to mind as guys who didn't make it or were out of the NBA before returning to enjoy great success too.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - that is the worst case scenario - I mean how do you resolve this? If this is true, and it is only from one side, why would the Rockets be this petty? I mean they could trade him in the offseason?

I mean DMo clearly feels he has been done dirty by Morey - and doesn't want to be here - so how do you resolve this, and maximize your assets?

Do you let him walk? That sets a bad precedent for future RFAs....

There is blame all around, Morey matched the smallest he could to force DMo to accept his flexible terms, DMo waited until he could not be traded because he did not want to be traded this year, and they put in some nutty March 1st guarantee thinking Morey would not match.

Morey then reviews the contract and goes, ok, I can get away with 31m instead of 37 - and he KNOWS that Dmo won't like this and will be an unhappy camper, yet he does it to get the flexibility back - so he gives the 6m back - and all parties are seemingly happy.

Then they tell him to go home after him taking a physical he thinks he passed.....

I mean - this is bad from both sides, but the problem is.....How do you resolve it, and both parties are happy? Seems only one way, let him go to Brooklyn.

DD

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey voted against allowing White Chocolate to return from retirement when he was done as a player. I don't think he's petty, just too competitive.

10. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Seems D-Mo will never put on a Rockets uniform again.

I have no issue with what the FO has done up to the physical. I will reserve judgement until we find out what happened regarding the physical. Right now it's all speculation.

If there's a real underlying medical issue the Rockets identified, I support their stance. If they're simply maneuvering for contractual purposes as is being suggested, we're going to look like complete D-bags and struggle to sign FAs in the future even more than we do currently.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. Williamson

Joel Blanks and Travis (who couldn't even speak a full sentence without stuttering or changing direction) were the ones who sound like idiots. They were acting as though the things the Rockets are doing are against the rules. They are not. They were acting as if this is unprecedented. But this exact same thing happened when Nic Batum signed an offer sheet with Charlotte and the Blazers chose to match the 50 million in primary salary and not the 5 million in incentives.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make sure you're at least as informed as the average member of this bbs before speaking on a topic on the radio? Maybe?

slothy420, adw, heypartner and 3 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

See this depends, if his back is in the same shape as it was when they let him play last year, and they are doing this out of spite or to be petty or to screw with his career, then I think they will be in some trouble with the league.

I mean you can't pass a man for 30+ games last year then with the same issue fail him this year.....that is pretty dirty.

DD

13. DaDakota

How many big free agents have gone to Portland since that time? Did it have any lasting effect?

DD

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

In Morey I trust.

jev5555 likes this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I stopped when that idiot said rockets had 48 hours to match. Yeah, like I'm going to listen to some stupid fxxxs who has even less knowledge about RFA than I do. *roll eyes*

heypartner and Williamson like this.
  16. Williamson

How many big name free agents have EVER gone to Portland? Nobody even noticed it happened because Nic Batum didn't refuse to show up. Nobody cared. They only care about this because of the stand off.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

No one...you can say the same of many other franchises though...and many player resigned in Portland without issues btw, they also just kept Harkless in limbo pretty late and they had a regular agreement in the end.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Mark Cuban cause he'd give me a fat ass contract even if I didn't deserve it and shot gun a beer with me

He'd probably even help me bury a hooker because he's ride or die like that

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lul

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

They are still selling Dmo jerseys in the main Rockets shop at Toyota Center. There's still hope!