1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets match Dmo offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Whoa, did we get a better deal?

DudeWah likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

For starters, we'd have to un-appreciate Bobby Brown first

Vivi likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dmo will forever be the Donald Trump of Clutchfans lore. But, now that he's been ELECTED, its time for him to actually show some skill and promise and stop living off the hype train. Make the Rockets great again.

jev5555 and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Not really, we got movable contracts if need to

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not Dmo's, which is kinda key.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

"No, look Donatas has some skills. We traded him with an eye on being able to bring him back as a free agent. Donatas knows how this works, I told him to go get the best offer and we would match it. We are really excited to see what he can do playing with coach. He won't be taking any time away from Ryno, but we can get him minutes. He has a cool hello kitty tattoo on his wrist and he and Keith Jones have matching Harry Potter tram stamps." - Morey

"Oh I wanted him here since day one. He is a great player, glad to have him. You will have to ask the GM why he missed a quarter of the season. I would have played him right away. Just...hey Jonathan (Feigen), make sure when you post my comments that it is clear that I through the front office under the bus. I don't want anyone mad at me.... yeah yeah, I want Les to know I have his back. Also, nothing insulting about Italians too... thanks Jonathan." - D'Antoni

"F@*K OFF!" - Alexander

J.R. likes this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Glad to have him back! Let's go DMo!

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What is this? Next thing you know, all those team friendly contract outs are gone too. Weirdest contract ever, I swear.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't see this as a problem for Trez.

I think you keep splitting his minutes with Nene and maybe take over full time as the back up at some point this or next year.

Dmo in at the back up 4/5 depending on match ups, Dekker at the back up 3/4 depending on matchups. Brewer never seeing the light of day.

12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

So can we view DMo's time off in the 1st month of the season as extended rest and recuperation to strengthen his back then?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

This kinda reminds me when Les said "we wanted to do this right now cause we don't want to take a risk, someone will want him next summer for sure" about McHale resigning. Watch D.Mo being released next month lol

EDIT: oh, and btw Parsons is offended

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wise decision.

DD

butterball likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Our box outs are going to be next level now

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

beautiful post.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Playoff rotation

Harden / Gordon
    Beverley / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    Anderson / DMo
    Capela / DMo

With Nene or Harrell filling in at center as necessary.

That is a stout lineup. One of the things that has frustrated me is that when Capela sits, the other team's big goes into bully mode on Anderson, Nene and Harrell. I don't think that will be near as successful with DMo.

This deal has the potential to be GREAT down the road and the downside is relatively limited. Good decision IMO. Now we need a PG that can give us a solid 10-15 minutes off the bench and our depth is set.

htownrox1 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. Gadd

Gadd Member

When do you guys say he'll have his first game back as a rocket?

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The contract was too friendly for Houston not to match.

Apart from the NTC, it seemed like Morey wrote and sent the contract to the Nets to offer D-Mo.

So excited! We desperately need another big body in games where Nene rest, and even when Nene plays, having D-Mo as another skilled big is too much of a plus.

- Another 7 footer on a team that desperately needed one. After Nene and Capela, our team is short with a 6'9 Harrell as the next tallest big.
    - While not a strong rebounder, D-Mo is a very good positional defender. His defense was a big reason why we were ranked #2 in defense in 2015 even without Howard for most of the time.
    - We can now play him instead of Anderson in situations where we need defense but still want some height, spacing and offense.
    - A skilled 7 footer for under 10M per year. Mozgov, Bismak and lesser bigs got 15M+!! I would have said we would be extremely lucky to get D-Mo back for anything less that 15M.
    - D-Mo in MDA's offense can be something special. MDA might be able to use Dmo to his full potential. DMo could be like a taller Boris Diaw with an actual outside shot and post game but with a little less ball handling and passing.
    - Dmo is a real 7 footer with a 3 point shot, real post game, nice passing and high BBIQ, good defense and we could keep him for 10M a year for 4 years. He's... what - 26 years old?
    - If @Bima has the contract specifics right, his contract would be decreasing over time, with plenty of places to cut our losses if its not working.

The back and subsequent injuries will be the one thing that will always make this deal worrisome, but there are too many pluses not to match.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member