1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/2/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2016.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It's important to know your weakness. Nvr get too high. Nvr get too low.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Brewer

Man, some of y'all aren't thinking clearly. It's Brewer. MDA has said that Dekker is filling in at the 4 for DMo. So, Brewer is covering for him at SF. Brewer goes to bench now, except in certain matchups.

Dekker goes to backup 3 and some 4 in small ball with DMo at center. You also rest Ariza more. Nene and Harrell never play in the same game together, anyhow...like MDA is already doing, and they don't get that many minutes, except when matchups work.

It's pretty easy once you realize MDA is grooming Dekker to take all Brewer's minutes. Forget KJ., he got beat out.

Deuce, Richie_Rich, Fawkward and 4 others like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's almost like many in the media had their Rockets article ready to go, when we had our first big national TV win.

I don't even know where to start reading.

It's so beautiful. Everything is beautiful. I love you, man.

Deuce and KlutchQT like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum">@CJMcCollum</a> lol straight up</p>&mdash; Wilson Chandler (@wilsonchandler) <a href="">December 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

U think rebounding is the rockets major weakness based on this game?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

17pts for Dekker new career high.

Wiltjir career high too.

DD

Brown Lost It likes this.
  7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just got home from the game, great atmosphere, LOTS of Rockets fans

Also ran into Daryl Morey in the concourse, very friendly guy

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I was surprised how much energy the Rockets had after such a late game the night before and playing in Denver the next day of all places. I was expecting to see oxygen tanks along the bench side. I guess everyone had their fair share of Red Bull.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed although if KJ is still around I like him as a potential injury fill in.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Defensive rebounding is definitely a weakness for this team and I didn't need this game to know that.

11. vlaurelio

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

What's more impressive is how good they were on defense. Ariza was all over the Nuggets passing lanes and Beverley was disruptive enough to finish +23. This team is looking more and more like a legit contender.

Richie_Rich and bobloblaw like this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This team is for REAL

To come out on the 2nd night of a back to back at high altiitude Denver on the back of double overtime at the Warriors and then get a coast to coast WIN is hugely impressive.

It takes a lot of heart and courage to do that. They could have easily thrown in the towel and half arsed it and rest on their laurels after last night's W and blame fatigue. But no they came out and took care of business like good teams do

Plowman likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

While I agree Dekker gets all of Brewers minutes 12 isn't enough . Big dick Dek needs about 20 . Ariza is going to play more than 28 .

My solution to this has already sort of been implemented. You take a few mins from Gordon/ bev/ James . Together the 1 and 2 add up to 96 min . If you want James around 35 then the other two basically give you 30. What d'antoni has already done is play Ariza and James as the 1/2 . Because of trevs length he can adequately guard a lot of 1's . If you then cut 2 min each from bev and Gordon to get them to 28 then trev gets 32 which is cool with me .

Plus I think eventually Dmo will take most (if not all) of the backup center minutes as he is just better than nene and Harrell . Plus Harrell could be interesting trade bait .

I did a pipe dream in the trade thread of Brewer and Harrell and picks/ our picks this year for gay ( who plays backup 4 for us )

15. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

I watch Dekker move off the ball and think this kid is so smart and active with his movement patterns. His offensive awareness is off the chart. There are players who just are born basketball players and there are talented players who are dumb as a tree stump with no offensive awareness (Stromile Swift comes to mind) but Dekker is a baller..

16. vlaurelio

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Unbelievable road trip.

Rockets are just plain rolling.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think Dekker plays better at 4 because of his quickness over bigger players. Not sure he's fast enough to play the 3.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

and to think the Rox lost to the Lakers,OKC and San Antonio by less than 10 points COMBINED but this tough road trip going 4-1 evens out those losses in my opinion playing high level ball right now

BigShasta likes this.
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Warriors and the Nuggets are the 2 teams that swept us last year. We were 0-6 against them.

PhiSlamma15 and BigShasta like this.