1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets sign Donatas Motiejunas to 4-year, $37M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 2, 2016.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Nene is out with a sore knee according to CW at espn. I think the rockets match as early as tomorrow.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This will be key for when the threes arent falling and they're sending a wall against Harden on the perimeter.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

DMO is worth about $200,000 a year

ISOBall likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Watching Faried tonight, we could really use another guy who consistently boxes out. Nene's really the only guy who does it all the time.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. Lightsnowaction

I don't think Nene, or even D-Mo would help in that matchup either. Remembering Larry Nance jr. and Julius Randle had easy bounds on us.

6. rocketsmetalspd

Nice! Will match and will be great to see Captain Hook back!

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo kills Faried when they play eachother. In fact, he destroys him so badly in the post that they end up benching Faried.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Faried is always a beast on the boards against us. Shoots even when Howard was here we couldn't keep that dude off the boards.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is Homer Simpson Dmo's agent?

Batman Jones likes this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

Welcome back to the Rockets, DMo! I guess Morey is pretty tight with Marks! LOL

11. Lightsnowaction

I see. I remember that game D-Mo went off for a career high.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Like Clutch said the only downside is you can't trade him for 365 days if in the summer you can sign a big FA and you need cap space.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Dmo's agent...

14. omgTHEpotential

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our depth with Donatas Motiejunas will be disgusting.

I want him back.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Even if he has nothing in the tank anymore which I think is more true than not I can't see a reason why we wouldn't match. If January is the deadline for Dmo's second year to be picked up then that kind of sucks. Definitely not enough time to see how he's doing, but I feel like the reward out weighs the risk on this. This contract also doesn't really kill our free agency either since as we've learned: if a player wants to come then it is possible to make space.

I say match. Kind of have to. Honestly, I don't think Dmo has much left in him to contribute this very season, but I'll be a little disappointed if we don't match. It's not that we're letting an "asset" walk away, but we're playing our selves not giving ourselves a chance to see what he has. It has the chance of being a very good value contract.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So therefore the Rockets should sign one of the worst rebounding 7 footers in the league in DMo to make up for this?

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. If Donatas retains his form, 8 million a year a couple years from now for an extremely solid stretch big man with a post game is SUPER cheap.

Chamillionaire and RocketsFan92 like this.
  19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Boxing out - rebounding

= Two different things.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Few things.
    The whole option to get out of the 2nd year this season is super weird. I get it's mainly there in the case that he is not healthy and barely plays this year. But what if Morey decides he wants the cap flexibility this summer or if Dmo doesn't produce? How awkward would it be to have Dmo on the roster and him knowing we basically don't want him back?

Also, who are we waiving. It should be Bobby Brown. Though I do feel we lack back up point guard play in the case of a Beverly injury. But Brown should have never made the team.

RudyTBag likes this.