1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

TAIWAN NUMBA ONE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shastarocket, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it would be one thing if he was doing it on purpose as part of some policy goal, but unintentionilly blundering into pissing people off is unconscionable.

Feel free to show up to a single briefing from the state department or intelligence community. The fact that he is skipping them to go to his love fest rallies should be embarrassing to you if you have a lick of sense.

Right now, he's a bull in a china shop.

#21 Ottomaton, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Deckard, DonnyMost and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Dei

Dei Member

Look at this pretentious ****. We're talking about policy and all you did was complain about the language and share your fantasy. FYI, if you're suggesting you should just skirt around your enemy's red lines and let him control you that's being a p***y. It's weak like Obama and it deserves to be called out because there are real terrible consequences to that weakness. Let's not waste time and just call it as it is.

#22 Dei, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. Exiled

Exiled Member

This's Sara Palin best impersonation ever on CF.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

don't get your panties all in a bunch libs, when Obama sold 2 billion in weapon sales I didn't hear anyone here say that would hurt china's feelings but now a phone call is the end of the world.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Get lost kid.

6. Buck Turgidson

This is sadly exactly the kind of rhetoric we've come to expect from your Dear Leader and the followers.

7. nono

nono Member

That video lol.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Any word on this from Jeremy Lin?

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I am more impressed by the fact that Trump has been able to master the Chinese language in such a short amount of time. I guess if he can make a billion dollars learning a new language should be no problem.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If Trump answering a congratulatory phone call from Taiwan leaves you speechless and scared

I have no idea how you survived this news

[​IMG]

Yeah, we don't want to piss the Chinese off

[​IMG]

Because we all know a phone call to China's mortal enemy is so much more provoking then sending China's mortal enemy 1.8 Billion dollars worth of military arms.

[​IMG]

#31 Realjad, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    TheresTheDagger likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, u sound scary n stuff but . . . I was just wondering:
    did u just call him a **** and a p***y at the same time?

13. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Yes. There were arms deals to Taiwan under the Obama administration. There were also arms deals to Taiwan under George W Bush, Bill Clinton, H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter. All of these presidents approved arms sale to Taiwan, yet NONE of them made an official phone call to the leader of Taiwan. Trump is the first one to do so since the passage of Taiwan Relations Act in 1979. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_arms_sales_to_Taiwan

Selling arms is nothing new. What is new is making formal talks between the US and Taiwan. I am not opposed to changing how the US treats Taiwan and China relations. What I am opposed to is doing things without thinking of the consequences. As the top diplomat of the US, the President should be aware of the moving political pieces and the ramification of his actions. I am not convinced that Trump accepted this call as some sort of 6D tic-tac-toe move. I am not scared of pissing off China, but it should be done purposely and with a goal in mind. What I am afraid of is a president that is woefully unaware that his actions have consequences. His tweet certainly suggested that he had no idea.

JeffB likes this.
  14. Dei

Dei Member

What part of that suggested that? Sounds like confirmation bias.

He was a **** for that post. He's a p***y if he's suggesting the other thing.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks that, like Trump, you are unaware that we sell them arms without direct contact between the governments. There are all kins of crazy middle men that have to be engaged and done to prevent the governments from directly making these deals between each other. That way the U.S. can still it's diplomatic power to coerce China when it comes to trade deals, enlisting them in efforts to stall Nuclear N. Korea, etc.

Posting that these were sold to Taiwan doesn't change a thing about what Trump did, and it doesn't make anyone involved in the diplomacy with China or the sale of these military products to Taiwan in any way hypocritical. All it does, is show that plenty of folks including the President elect, don't have the slightest idea how real world diplomacy works.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Trump doesn't know what he is doing. Reckless due to ignorance and the consequences might not be of anything in this instance, but one of these day...

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

No, all it does is reaffirm that certain persons are incapable of understanding why Trump was elected president. Hint: it has nothing to do with him being a xenohomoracisogynist.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

One of these days what? Taiwan will be recognized as the true government of China, including PRC territory?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

This is the new seal of the office of the president of the United States

JeffB and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I really don't understand what the big deal is. The idea that simply talking to someone -- anyone -- should ever be off limits is just strange to me.