1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Each person list one example of how Bob McNair has hurt this franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Plowman, Dec 1, 2016.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

first priority is chose #1 draft pick based on 'signability' vs. any other factor.

this is the most damning evidence that it is about money not winning that matters most.

Richie_Rich and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

So, true man!!! Fkn A dude!

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This topic is bullshit. Apparently all the pinheads around here whining about McNair have no ****ing clue about what makes a "bad" owner. These crybabys need to educate themselves on this topic and I suggest they stop b****ing and review the history of professional football in Houston. Bob McNair may be many things but at least he isn't the arrogant POS ******* joke that was Bud Adams. At least the Texans aren't a regular feature on NFL Football Follies. These folks had better be careful what they ask for or would they prefer to have NO professional football team in Houston again and have to deal with the statewide lick fest over the Dallas Cowboys - especially now that they're relevant (read winning) again.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

You must be r****ded. Why wouldn't he care if they win or lose? If they win, the the value of the franchise would increase. If they win, he could raise ticket prices. I have no doubt whatsoever that he wants to win. He does want to win. And I don't think making more money is his main desire for the Texans. I think he wants to bring a championship to Houston. I think that is his number one desire.

McNair is old. He has more money than most people could ever spend. I think more than anything he wants to win a championship for the people of Houston.

I like McNair, but I don't think he's perfect. I think he needs to hire a real GM and let him make football decisions.

#24 Newlin, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Bobbythegreat and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

no this ownership has always been bullshit from day 0 when they gave us a name from Dallas!

'football follies'team then being in super bowl makes me laugh at you more. besides that I would argue house of pain, run and shoot, campbell,moon,glanville, luv ya blue,phillips et al was WAY more fun and something to be proud of. dont you dare!

guess what?some of us were also old enough to remember and know the stadium we got is the same one the POS mayor gave the carpetbagger from oklahoma.
    educate? n plz. are you bob laniers grandn

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why would someone who wants to win hire a fake gm?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Handing over the keys as"leader" of the team to the over-rated, fake tough guy loser JJ Fatt. A loser leader will inevitably result in a losing team

8. raining threes

Is this post supposed to be comforting?

I have followed Houston football since 1969 and funny how that arrogant POS you refer to had much more success than McNair has ever had. The only real success the McNair's have had is fleecing a billion dollars out of his fanbase. How did McNair do this? By holding the implied threat that if the fanbase didn't support his team he would move the team like Adams did.

Let me let you in on a little secret, a growing number of season ticketholders (Of which I'm one) would rather McNair move the team rather than have to pay through the nose for the crap product he's consistently put on the field. One day McNair may suffer the same fate as Adams. Being run out of town with his pockets full of money.

To answer the OP's question, keeping an incompetent backstabbing kiss a** like Rick Smith employed.

Richie_Rich, CometsWin and Nook like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Grandpa McNair is better than bud Adams

Osweiler is better than mallet

They all suck azz

Fulgore and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

If Bob McNair cared that much about winning, he wouldn't allow Rick Smith to run his football team and he wouldn't allow the GM to be The Godfather to his grandson.

Actions speak louder than words.

McNair is a mediocre owner and the Texans are a mediocre franchise which isn't worthy of the fans support they get.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I feel that when the Texans came into the league, McNair hired an experienced football man in Casserly to make almost all football related decisions. After the failures of those early years, I believe McNair had a desire to have more of a say in running the football operations. I believe that McNair went to the opposite extreme by hiring Smith. In the early years of the franchise, maybe it was too much Casserly. Now, maybe it's too much McNair.

No one knows exactly how much influence Smith really has as far as making the big decisions. But, it appears that McNair either needs a new man as GM, or McNair maybe needs to give Smith more of a say in making the big decisions. However, I have no doubt that McNair wants to win.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

What do you mean? Fans have supported this team to the extent that he could care less if they win or have competent people in charge to do so.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's probably fair, there really are some good fans out there, it's only those on sports radio or on the internet that makes it seem like Houston doesn't deserve to have an NFL team.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

I said incompetent when I meant competent. The fact that O'Brien is sticking with Brock much the same as Kubes did with Schaub just makes you wonder who is running the show.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Houston deserves to have an NFL team that isn't consistently mediocre. The current leadership and history of the Texans is about as boring and uninspiring as any franchise outside of the Browns and a few others.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They don't have a choice, any team in that situation sticks with Osweiler, especially when you factor in that a lot of things aren't his fault.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Houston deserves to have an NFL team, but if you listen to people here or people on other blogs or the radio, they make it seem like Houston doesn't deserve an NFL team at all.

In reality there are some good fans, but it's such a fair weather, bandwagon type of city it makes you wonder at times.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Osweiler being a Texan is the fault of the owner and GM and a coach that either supported paying him $72,000,000 or lacked the backbone to stand up to the GM.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was still a good move, even if it hasn't worked out yet. Even if it never works out. Having to explain this goes right along with me talking about how bad the Houston fanbase is when it comes to the NFL. The Texans risked 2 years at an average QB salary to potentially get a franchise QB. That's a deal you have to do if you get the option.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

They do have a choice, they have 2 backups. You don't just keep running Osweiler out there regardless of his performance. I don't know about a lot not being his fault but enough of it has been his fault for them to lose. Savage doesn't have to turn the world on it's ear, he just has to limit mistakes and play pretty average.

deb4rockets likes this.