1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel prefers 76ers trade him

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Nov 29, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I actually thought something happened to warrant bumping the thread.

Something has to give when it comes to the 3-headed hydra of Noel, Embiid, and Okafor. Whether it gives our way is anyone's guess. I'm sure Morey has made the phone calls.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I moved this out of an older thread about the Rockets trying to trade Ariza, Beverley and McDaniels. It was a bunk rumor then and it only makes it look like current news to those scanning the forum.

As for Noel, I wonder how the Rockets' front office compares Nerlens to Capela. Capela has an extra cheap bargain year over Noel, who will be a restricted free agent this summer (as opposed to 2018 for Capela). I don't see Noel and Capela on the same team.

4. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I was very interested in the prospect of trading for Noel at the beginning of the year but with Capela's emergence and chemistry with Harden growing more and more each game I don't think he fits in anywhere here.

saleem likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Repost here:

Yep, even though i don't think Noel is something we have interest due to how Clint is playing. Maybe if he can be obtainable for a mediocre package, and at this point i don't really know what's his market value...but anyway, how many teams may be interested in him that much to pay with some good assets as today? Boston, Dallas (no assets though, unless they throw in their 1st rounder or Anderson and multiple 2nd rounders?), Minnie? There're some other teams that may have interest in him imo (Lakers, Nets), but i don't see what they can trade to Philly...Clarkson, Rondae? I don't know...i can actually see Cubes doing a desperation move if i think about that lol

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

My bad; I didn't know where to put it and I don't always like to start unnecessary threads

heypartner likes this.
  7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

We all appreciate that bro...too many on here create random threads that provide nothing of substance.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I haven't followed Noel at all. If he has stone hands like Asik or Howard then I'd rather keep Capela if Clint is part of any trade going to Philly.

9. Fantasma Negro

I doubt Philly would trade a big for a big since they have such an influx of bigs but what would be the issue in having Clint start and Noel comes off the bench at the four with Nene and they can space the inside of the three point line because they both have a sweet touch on those mid-range jumpers and then MDA can create lineups that work together. Since its looking like Dmo is a goner Noel would be a good addition. I wonder if we give then Ennis, McDaniels, and a future first if that could do it...

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. I'd rather get Okafor based on what Codman's been posting the past few months just because he has offensive game. #screwdefense

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He would be a nice back up for Capela, but I'm sure he is looking to start. If he had a PG like Harden I think his game would look a hell of a lot better.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just reposting what Codman said in the other thread.

I hope he means we have some interest in Holmes, i like him as an under the radar target.

Deuce likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What would Noel get paid next summer?

Not sure if he is better than Capela? Fairly sure playing alongside Harden would be huge for him, and he is certainly an eraser at the back.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tbh he didn't seem like an improved player at all in preseason, but anyway, i'd say 20/25 is the range of his first year imo. I would be shocked if he signs for something around 15.

16. Fantasma Negro

Why do some ppl think an addition of Noel is the subtraction of Capela? The 76ers don't want bigs in return. The only way we lose Capela is if he involved in a multiple team trade which I guess is always possible

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Dallas takes a swing.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doubtful we trade Capela, I don't see anyone suggesting we should do so?
    The 2 players play the same position and role. So the question is more over how Noel would fit here? Is he happy to come over and take 20ish minutes per game? What do we give up for the possibility of a 1 season rental?

I quite like the idea of 48 minutes rim protection, I could see Noel essentially filling the same role as Capela (when Capela rests). I suppose would be nice to see what the market sets as the price for Noel over the summer?

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If Harrison Barnes gets a max based purely off potential, so will Noel. Or atleast close to it

20. basketballholic

The addition of Noel (who is the superior player) would turn Capela (who has better trade value) into a trade chip for an upgrade at another spot. Doesn't mean one will be traded for the other in the same deal.