1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah you were only raving about Dwight's ft% when he was 22

2. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I am changing my mind on him, I think by the end o a season we will see complete NBA CENTER! Best of luck CC. It's all on Beard man , his monstrous play make everyone around him better.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It's really fun and exciting to see how Clint is developing this year. I don't think comparing him Dwight is really fair as Dwight was #1 coming into the draft and Clint was a late round pick. Clint seems to really work on his game and his low post moves are starting to emerge. I really like the Thunder and Lighting combo of Nene and Clint for our 5 position. I also wish this DMo nonsense could be resolved because I think that would give MDA a lot of flexibility for matching up against bigger teams. For now, I'm quite content to see Clint continue to develop before our eyes and hope we can have a healthy season.

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

cousins stuffed capela at the end there 2 times in a row... then clint decided to go up for a 3rd time, but was rejected yet again.

i'm saying this because this is what is great about Clints attitude. he doesn't care he just failed 2 times in a row, he wants to improve and can put his ego aside unlike a lot of players.

macho GRANDE, fryjol7 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

and Clint Capela. Dwight Howard surrendered to Rudy Gobert last night. The times they are a-changin'.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, smart reasoning lul

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

League took away Harden to Capela oops and Clint still scores 17. Good job good effort!

DreamShook and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Very important. Last season he would have backed down. But against Cousins, on the 3rd attempt he tried to DUNK it instead of laying it in. The confidence is much improved.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Capela also blocked cousins 2x at the rim while guarding him in the post. That was very impressive.

Clint really needs to start getting mentioned with the up and coming young centers.

He's talent and potential is much higher than Steven Adams who just received 25m a yr.

He's working his way into the class of embiid, gobert, towns, Adams as the future of the center position.

Once Clint matures and his body grows. It's scary to think what he'll be able to do then. If he can keep his touch and athletism he can be a legit 20/10 guy.

There's not to many of them nowadays and he has the potential. I mean he's prob a 15/10 guy right now if given 30min a game.

Balldon'tlie and RudyTBag like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well that escalated quickly.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Gobert/Adams yes. Embiid, Towns no, unless he undergoes some sort of miraculous unforeseen transformation.

macho GRANDE, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When a guy like Adams gets that much how do you pay a guy like A. Davis? Davis can do all of what Adams does and go out and do guard stuff on the perimeter.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If Capela is a guide to getting our true 2nd superstar, I'd go for it. If Capela is our 2nd superstar LOL.

14. Chamillionaire

He's more of a 10/10 guy right now and that's if he doesn't get winded. C'mon guys, he's had a few good games and is improving in front of our eyes but he's not quite there yet.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A 22 year being not quite "there yet" is not surprising or unexpected. It does not diminish the fact that he looks great as of now.

16. Chamillionaire

Not denying that fact. He is exceeding all expectations.

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is 12-9-2 guy right now in 26 minutes a game, so that's at a minimum.

He can definitely get up to 15-10-2.5 with a bit more conditioning and strength.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i mean, i don't think Clint will be a star like Embiid or Towns in the future (even though i hope so), but i hear/read a lot of people talking about how Adams is so good, how he'll be an all star (tbh more when the season was close to start, not so much right now)...well, Capela in this first part of the season has played better than Adams, maybe even way better if you consider the expectations.

#398 Vivi, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Developing into a big time trade asset!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Last time I checked most big men usually enter their optimum prime from the age of 26 to 30.. He has not even come close to reaching his prime.