1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Trump: Post election week one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Do you feel more confident or less confident about Trump post election day?

1. I am left leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. I am left leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I am right leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am right leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am still waiting on direct evidence that he ran on an openly racist campaign. "Because the media said so" and "KKK and other hate groups like him" are not evidence. I am just baffled this narrative is still ran.

There is a lot wrong with Trump. A lot. He is just as manipulating and conniving as Hillary.
    Building a wall and stating many illegal immigrants are criminals is not racist. Having concerns about radicals coming over as refugees does not make one xenophobic. Trump has an issue with viewing women as a sex symbol...how is that misogynist?
    However I am very disturbed that we think its ok to mislabel people because the media is drawing up a false narrative. If you bothered to read some of the wikileak emails, Hillarys primary strategy was to label him as a racist, bigoted, xenophobic misogynist long before he won the RNC nomination. This is Hillarys strategy. The media chose to run with this blind narrative. You should be concerned about how partial the media is and how Hillary and the media worked together to create this narrative.

Hillary is the one who embolden the bigots to come out of their hole by portraying Trump as sympathizer.

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  2. Anticope

Anticope Member

Calling illegal immigrants from Mexico rapists and drugs dealers is definitely racist when the vast majority of those people are neither of those things. (although he did admit some might be good people so that's good) Questioning an American born judge because of his Mexican heritage, continually refusing to acknowledge where Obama was born, acting like every black person lives in the inner city. Also, whatever you want to label his attitude towards banning you know what religion and his remarks toward a gold star family that follows that religion, even though it's not a race. Heck, he was even in Minnesota railing against Somali immigrants just a couple of days before the election. Just a few examples straight off the top of my head.

Racism is never going to be as open as it was in say the 1950s, but it's plainly obvious to anyone who isn't being willfully ignorant that he ran a racist campaign riddled with dog whistles designed to appeal to a certain crowd. Being a white male, it was plainly obvious to me so I'm not sure what's so hard to see here. And as usual your defense of Trump (who you don't like but are still defending as predicted) involves Hillary Clinton. You're aware that the election is over, right? I know it's a tough habit to kick using Hillary as a defense for everything Trump related, but you've got to at least try.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Not a single thing you mentioned is racist. (Nevermind Mexicans are not considered a race). News flash: Being insensitive or refusing to pander or not being PC does not make you racist. (or all the other things the left accuses). Let me say it again; Refusing to be PC does not make you a bigot.

Accusing Trump of being a racist because he feels the inner city violence and poverty needs to be cleaned up is just gold. Trump advocated on blacks behalf more than Hillary, Obama and Clinton combined. The only time liberals advocate for the black community is on election day.

Trump's primary concern is the economy and the forgotten middle class. I believe you are the one with racial issues if you think the middle class only consists of white males.

Let me give you an example of how to source:
    Now show me how this is racist? Now show me where he stated that ALL blacks live in inner city and poverty.
    Just because you want someone to be racist doesn't mean you can misconstrue their words and make them racist. How is someone racist when they have a valid concern for their being, even if there is a slightest bit of misinformation?

Again, liberals, the Hillary campaign and media portrayed Trump to be a bigot. THEY are responsible for the bigots coming forth.

cml750 likes this.
  4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Some folks who claim to not support Trump sure go to great lengths to defend him around here. It's not hard to see why polls failed when it's obvious many are afraid to admit they voted for Trump. This forum is a perfect example.

superfob and justtxyank like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

After the Texans game in Mexico City and the 3rd world shenanigans, I'm all for building that wall.

cml750 and J Sizzle like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Space Ghost, I really try to be open minded and always read your posts with generous spirit. To me, you're an open dude sharing your two cents and not in any way a troll. But this idea you just posted...

Really? An Alt Right rally took place with 200 people in DC responding to Spencer yelling "Hail Trump!" and that's the media's fault?
    Trump's campaign tenor and messaging had nothing to do with their enthusiasm? And the media installed a controversial Alt Right hero like *Bannon* as Trump's strategic advisor?

I just... there are no words if you can really keep blaming *everything* on Hillary and "the media," unless in your media term you include starring roles of Limbaugh, Ingram, Fox News, Breitbart, et al. Then I think we could start to agree on something here. Some of those outlets have been stoking fear and rage in white audiences for decades now.

Something very serious is going on, now outside of politics, in our country and good people need to stand up and speak for decency.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This guy has the worst "I didn't vote for Trump" act ever.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He is demented or trolling at this point, he went full stupid.

#88 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Only the racist scumbags and idiots on team Trump would claim Japanese internment as a precedent. Like what? Lol. It's like the stupidest people on Earth all got together in one country. Idiocracy in action.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Cancelled his meeting today with the NY Times in a series of strange early tweets again.

Seriously, they are going to take his account from him, right? Lord help us. According to the Times, he just didn't want ANY part of the meeting on the record. They had previously agreed to an off-record and then an on-record portion.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

As predicted, Donald Trump will apparently not pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, as in his view 'she has been through enough'. Also, as he neglected to mention, the precedent that he would set by going after her would make him ripe for similar treatment once he leaves the President's job.

Of course Congress could still pursue the matter independent of Trump. Also, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Miller were not mentioned as being included in this proposed amnesty.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its not racist...its just stupid, not feasible and cost prohibitive.

probably b/c he called mexicans rapists and drug dealers and said that a federal judge can not do his job properly b/c he is "mexican". or maybe his discriminatory housing practices against blacks? or his call to ban muslims from entering our country and calls to register the ones that are already here.

calling mexicans rapists and drug dealers and saying someone can not do their job properly b/c of their race is racist.

calling for a ban on all muslims entering our country is xenophobic.

saying you use your celebrity status to grab women by the p***y is at best misogynist.

Nook likes this.
  14. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

HA HA!!!

LOCK HER UP!= (nope)

tRUMP= (dope)

tRUMP Supporters= U feel stupid now, eh?

BUILD THAT WALL! (no)

PAINT THE FENCE! (yes)

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If the Dems were to act like Repubs,

A left leaning PAC has 12 Paula Jones-esque civil law suits to file. Trump could easily be kept tied up in courts for the next four years.

The Dems could relentlessly claim that a foreign state (Russia) sought to influence the 2016 election via "cyber warfare". This makes Trump an illegitimate president. The Dems could demand that the FBI investigate this thoroughly. Any contact between Trump and Russia in election season of course would demand even more scrutiny.

subtomic likes this.
  16. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

HA! dummies. more and more of this, next 4 years. Very Sad!

[​IMG]

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

But teh crooked Hillary!!!111!1!1

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think it's for the best she stay far away from the White House. That is making the best of a bad situation.

The less we see and hear of Melania, the better.

20. TheresTheDagger