1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moses Malone, Jr attacked/robbed outside V-Live. Blames Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IslandB.O.I., Jun 28, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

More at:

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/218005644-story

========================================================================

There has got to be more to it. You don't just have a Houston legends son go down like that....

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

From the time the story came out, I thought it was bs.... but with the folks that are getting arrested - now I wonder...

Looking over all the hate for Mo Jr... what if his version is the real deal? (sidenote - never met the man... I have no opinion of him as a person... )

IF (and thats a big IF) Harden did have a hand in it... I wonder what folks would want...

A) Support whatever legal wranglings need to happen to keep him on the court, period.
    B) Screw his thug butt.... toss him to the wolves...

Just wondering if people would be willing to give Harden a 'free pass' on this behavior based on his ability to play basketball?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It looks like to me the bbs is having its typical golddigger reaction. Just this time it's an assault instead of a rape case. Be mad the distraction will impact an insignificant game in an also-ran season and ascribe ulterior motives to any complainant. I think Malone shouldn't be gabbing about it on social media and instead just let his lawyers do the talking. But, I'm not going to rush to Harden's defense either just because he's a Houston Rocket. We'll see what Malone can prove and what the courts say.

saleem likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"drawing major celebrities to Houston. People like Drake, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Idris Elba, Floyd Mayweather, and even Lil Kim

Anyone want to change the subject to whether Bieber is a "major celebrity," and whether news outlets get a kickback every time they put him in lists like that.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

HP, unfortunately, he is easily a bigger celebrity than a couple on that list.

REEKO_HTOWN and kjayp like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Beibs is a major celeb. Don't know how else to slice it.

kjayp likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Apparently, not enough for ppl to spell his name correctly. :D

Pen15clubber, RCPM, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

I am new here I have never posted saw new news on Harden. Sorry if it’s already been posted .

James Harden hires Rusty Hardin for deposition

FOX 26 News anchor/reporter Isiah Carey & reporter Angela Chen
    By: Isiah Carey

Posted:Nov 19 2016 10:38AM CST

Updated:Nov 19 2016 10:55AM CST

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - High-scoring Houston Rockets guard James Harden has hired high-profile attorney Rusty Hardin to guide him through a deposition scheduled for December, FOX 26 News has learned.

A subpoena was issued to Harden to testify in a lawsuit that Moses Malone Jr. has filed against the once-popular V Live Vintage SteakHouse bikini bar on Richmond Avenue, which has since closed. In that lawsuit, Malone Jr., the son of former NBA Most Valuable Player Moses Malone, says he was assaulted outside of the nightclub in June by four men who also robbed him.

Why is Harden being questioned in this civil case? Because Malone maintains he was attacked by the men because of a negative Facebook post he wrote that criticized Harden.

[​IMG]
    James Harden hires Rusty Hardin for deposition
    Attorney Hardin said by phone on Friday that his client Harden had nothing to do with it. He also said that Harden was not outside of V Live Vintage SteakHouse when the attack took place. Hardin adds that he believes Harden was inside the nightclub. The deposition is scheduled for Dec. 15.

Texas Comptroller's Office investigators and Houston police shut down V Live Vintage SteakHouse on Wednesday because of unpaid taxes.

shastarocket and kjayp like this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

So Harden was there... i thought the manager or whoever said he wasn't... the plot thickens...

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If harden had his attack dogs make a run at this fool I assume he had a good reason. Go rockets

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Harden and Hardin is like a match made in heaven. This case will be pretty much open and shut

Also, who in the hell knew that V Live was a steakhouse? I bet their customers like their steak extra rare

Ramo$e and DonKnock like this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This story is only just getting started. Believe me, VLive just didn't close suddenly because of unpaid taxes as reported. There is more to it.

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Moses Malone Jr. is right. This was a setup.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It will be very hard for Moses Jr. to prove that Harden had anything to do with this. An admission from some or all the assailants might help him, but Harden can just deny it. I wonder how Moses Jr. and his lawyers are going to try and pin this on Harden.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The A-1 is what drew James to the building.

TMac'n and DonKnock like this.
  16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

V live was being sued by Harris County and they were looking for a way to shut it down. The last shooting there seemed to speed up the process.

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Just wait till Jim Haren testifies!
    The $**t gonna hit the fan...

18. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

http://www.isiahfactor.com/2016/12/14/death-threats-and-delayed-deposition-for-james-harden/
    DEATH THREATS AND DELAYED DEPOSITION FOR JAMES HARDEN!

DECEMBER 14, 2016 | POSTED IN THE INSITE | NO COMMENTS

[​IMG]
    Moses Malone Jr. receives death threats

The son of the late NBA great Moses Malone is now getting death threats…

The attorney for Moses Malone Jr. says his client received those calls this.
    This comes after Malone Jr. was assaulted and robbed outside of Houston strip club V-Live earlier this year.
    Several people were arrested and charged criminally with the attack.
    Malone also filed a civil lawsuit against V-Live which has since shutdown in Houston.

[​IMG]

George Farah says the death threats warned his client not to return to Houston.
    Farah says he believes the threats are related to the V-Live case….

[​IMG]

In the meantime, NBA Rockets’ star player James Harden has delayed his deposition that was scheduled for this week in the V-Live civil lawsuit.

Harden who is represented by attorney Rusty Hardin will meet with George Farah sometime in January.
    Moses Malone Jr. maintains he was assaulted and robbed outside of V-Live in Houston because he criticized James Harden in a social media post.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Easy gentile...

I am a Donut likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

went looking for this thread to refresh my memory. guess I didn't remember that Harden's attorney suggested that James was present that night but inside the club.