1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

links are going down. any more links? Thanks

2. Fantasma Negro

Watching on 1strow, these fights are boring as ****

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Are the ole chants a sign of a bored crowd, or are they really into the fight? In wrestling it usually means the former.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That "Wonderboy" kid is tough as hell, he REALLY should have been finished.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I also think 47-47 was the correct score.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was a majority draw... and they correct it -- that was quite a screw up.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

lol reading the scorecard wrong, or at least that's what I gathered. First time in a while that the streams are this choppy.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness I imagine majority draw scenarios are fairly rare.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I knew it should have been read a majority draw right after Buffer said the first two scores "47-47". Why didn't Buffer know?

10. gambingo

gambingo Member

Unlike boxing, we'll see a rematch in the near future for those two.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike literally any boxing match possible right now, I'd be interested in seeing their rematch.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This was always going to be the easiest possible matchup for McGregor. Alvarez has no real ground game and he's the same weight as McGregor with a pretty significant reach disadvantage.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unreal... Made one of the toughest dudes in the world look like absolute dogshit.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well when you have no real ground game, you are the same exact weight, and you give up 5 inches in reach, you aren't going to win many boxing matches. Hopefully the UFC will finally put him up against someone his own size that actually has a ground game. Putting him up against an inferior striker who was smaller than him with a huge reach disadvantage who has a career 29% takedown success rate was just the UFC throwing a creampuff opponent at him in order to protect their guy while building him up bigger for the casual fans.

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Conor that was amazing. Most entertaining dude in sports right now IMO.

Think Ferg or Khabib beat him though if it happens. Especially Khabib

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that knows UFC knows that Eddie Alvarez is a beast at 155.

Calling Eddie Alvarez a creampuff makes you look extremely uneducated in regards to MMA, with all due respect.

Won't be returning to read your nonsensical posts.

:)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about matchups....and you should know that if you know the UFC. Eddie Alvarez is a striker, he has a wrestling background, but it's only defensive. Putting a striker against a superior striker that has a 5 inch reach advantage is setting up a creampuff opponent. I said when the fight was announced that they did this in order to give McGregor the easiest possible fight to blow him up even larger than he was.

Put him against someone the same size that can legitimately take him down and that would be a real fight.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyway, I wonder if the UFC will have the balls to schedule their cash cow vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. I have to think they'll find ways to give him some more easy opponents before ruining it all for themselves by putting him against someone who would beat him.

19. Chamillionaire

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dude Conor was the "challenger" this fight, he didn't pick this guy.

Eddie had the belt Eddie was the champ.

Conor was going for the champs belt Eddie just happened to be the one with.

we get it you don't like Conor but quit acting like dudes not a good fighter. And fights cream puffs of dudes smaller than him.

Don't hate on Conor's genetic makeup you talking about size is like sombody complaining about Lebron being to big so nobody can guard him.

He has faught guys bigger than him. Hell his last two fights was against a guy taller heavier and longer than him and he still dropped Diaz who's a known warrior and one of the toughest guys in mma history.

I'm a boxing fan been watching it for years and I'm telling you Conor has the best hands in mma history bar none. Iv seen silve gsp Liddell those guys all could box but Conor is on a different level. His footwork timing and counter is legit. I don't think you realize how tough countering your opponent while keeping the distance is. It's one of the hardest is not the hardest thing todo in boxing an Conor makes it look easy against mma guys who don't know how to deal with that.

Now against a boxer that's a different story but these mma guys don't have the defense or footwork in the stand up game to even be a threat.

Quit being bitter the guy just made history and gets casual fans interested in the sport and in return will get the other fighters who you may like more money and that's what it's all about.

tmactoyao and mikol13 like this.