1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

we should pursue blake griffin in 2017 free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSquirm, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pass. I hate Griffin. Big, huge crybaby.

I'd take DeAndre Jordan though...

AntiSonic likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

DJ is too indecisive for O'Antoni's offense

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I personally would rather go after Ibaka because I think he will be easier to get than Blake Griffin.

I know he has regressed a bit this year, but he can shoot threes, hit mid range jumpers and is a good defensive player (3x all defensive 1st team). Plus, the Magic aren't doing too well this year, they are overloaded at the Pf/C position and Ibaka hasn't lived up to expectations and he is a unrestricted free agent this summer.
    Harden
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Ibaka

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would go after Anthony Davis or Paul George

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I was looking at the upcoming Free Agent list and saw Ibaka as well. He did play with Harden in OKC after all. If they had a good relationship there Harden would be a huge asset in helping land Ibaka as well.

Imagine a lineup of Harden-Gordon-Ariza-Anderson-Ibaka:eek:

JoeBarelyCares and AceOfSpades like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a new and interesting idea... It's weird how much his shot blocking has dropped off though.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden
    Paul George
    Ariza
    Anthony Davis
    Capela

Get it done, Les!

8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Anthony Davis will be a free agent in 2021 and Paul George in 2019. I don't think New Orleans or Indiana has any incentive to trade them unless they demand a trade.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

The thing to look out for is what CP3 decides to do. If he decides to jump ship to go play with his banana boat bros or some other team that won't leave much incentive for Blake to stay.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If the Clippers choke again this year I have a hard time imagining anything but a major blow up.

11. hvic

hvic Member

he loves the LA limelight. If he leaves then it is for a team/city that is equivalent

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I could definitely see CP3 leaving with another playoff failure. Dude needs to get to a conference finals, finals, or win a ring in the worst way.
    The best way to do that is to go East. There's no obvious team that sticks out other than Cleveland, and hard to imagine he'd take that big of a paycut, plus Cleveland already has a PG that actually works quite well with Lebron, since Kyrie is more of a scorer and Lebron is more of the PG. Boston - he's an improvement over IT, but not so so much so. Toronto has a PG - though Lowry could leave. Indiana... that one is interesting, if Turner continues to improve, PG3 is there, and they'd have cap space.

IN ANY CASE, I think CP3 leaving the Clippers might not impact Griffin's decision at all. He loves LA, and it seems like the alpha dog on that team has been CP3 more than anyone and Blake probably would be just as frustrated with the playoff losses and ready to "replace" CP3 anyway... not in a negative way, just in a way that it hasn't worked, time to move on.

It's just hard to see Griffin leaving the Clippers.

Oh, and Ibaka? No. He's dropped off so much year after year. He's working on his 3rd straight drop in PER (currently at 15.4, last year 13.9 - yikes), his 4th straight year of drop in both Ortg and Drtg, 3rd straight year of drop in rebound % and rebounds per 100 possessions, fifth straight year of drop in blocks per 100 possessions, etc. Please no.

BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

I can actually see AD or Cousins here before Griffin. All of them would be a dream, but Griffin's personality seems more about hollywood than winning. I don't see him coming to Houston

DonKnock likes this.
  14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What you need to do is figure out what kind of Ipad he would most want

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Like that he evolved his game to next level. Better passer. Better Shooter. No longer just a Shawn Kemp clone. That's the kind of player you want. While he tightens up in the clutch, we've seen that before in LeBron. Some players need to learn how to take command through experience. Ironic that Dwight was the exact opposite never improving his game, but bringing it in the playoffs. At any rate, I would call. But tough to pull someone out of Los Angeles in exchange for Houston when they already have money. He has to want a title badly enough to pair with Harden.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Griffin and Millsap would mesh well with Harden in MDA's offense.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Griffin is the right mix of position, age, and greatness.

Would be a hard sell, unless Paul bolts East.

18. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Would whiteside be available?

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

We should all get blowjobs...

20. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

[​IMG]
    Now you're on to something...

Jayzers_100, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.