1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Election Predictions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NMS is the Best, Nov 6, 2016.

1. NMS is the Best

2. TheresTheDagger

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did no toss ups and as of right now, this is how I see it. I was a bit surprised with the results.

[​IMG]

Florida is a toss up among a few others but I think it'll come down to turnout which I think will be low.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

Interesting Bobby....we have the EXACT same map except....Nevada.

The Harry Reid GOTV machine is not to be underestimated. He will deliver Nevada for Hillary and either save or cement Hillary's victory.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

All you need to know is in my signature. Uhmm seriously though??

You guys are nuts. This will not even be close. Hopefully the senate goes over to the Democrats also. I'm hoping for a liberal supreme court to further some needed change. After that I'm hoping the Republicans nominate someone worth a f**k and that person beats Hillary in four years. If the Republicans can't do that there is no hope for them. Perhaps that is best though and the party splinters into two and the Democrats do also. If Hillary is a double term that would be the Dems winning 7 out of 8 elections by popular vote.

Seriously though Bobbythegreat? You read everything on here post a million times and you have that as an electoral map. ok........................

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am hoping for a very impartial supreme court. Its not the supreme courts job to play politics. Its really sad people now think the supreme court should lean one way or another.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

When people lay out what an impartial Supreme Court looks like they are laying out a partisan one.

bnb likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's very true and anything is possible in that crazy state. I wouldn't be surprised is more people vote there than are alive in that state.

According to the recent polls there's VERY little chance of that. The most likely outcome is that the Democrats will gain 2 seats and the Republicans will be down to 52.

I was kind of surprised by it too honestly. I mean, my map was pretty much what the polls say will happen with the one notable break from the current polls being that I gave Florida to Trump which is a total toss up.

The election will come down to turnout but the numbers right now suggest a VERY close race.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Prediction:

Hillary wins
    My $4K mattress gets refunded by Mattress Mac
    Wife and I celebrate with dinner at Rudy and Paco's

bnb likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

I'm still kicking myself for not driving down and taking advantage of that, times about 3 mattresses.

I hope you sleep well, you jackass.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do, now that I have this mattress. When I first heard of the deal I read the fine print 10 times over because it sounded too good to be true.

Comey tried to **** me over but I think I'm still good.

13. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

Early returns in Nevada and Florida not looking good for the cat grabber. Maybe...just maybe he shouldn't have antagonized Hispanics from the get go and increasing their voter turnout by over 100%. He has a high chance of losing Ohio and could actually lose Arizona as well.

But yeah keep going after Minnesota which hasn't gone to a Republican since the early 70s. That'll save you.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My election prediction:

In four years when Hillary is running for reelection, we will have spent the previous four years listening to Republicans try to resurrect Hillary's email as an issue and for four years they will have gained no real traction. But the base will have spent the previous four years frothing at the mouth over it.

Rashmon likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Will they still talk about Obamacare and filling in the 1-3 other vacant seats?

Ottomaton likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I want to hate you right now, but I can't.

You're smarter than me.

Deji McGever likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm standing by my prediction from months ago that Clinton wins. I think an early voting edge along with polls showing her slide in the polls stopped will mean she hangs onto win. I'm not going to fill out a map though as I'm less certain about how the contested states will break out but she has far more paths to victory than Trump has.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll give Trump his due and he had a pretty large rally today at MSP airport. A Republican hasn't won Minnesota in decades even though the last few elections many pundits claim it is getting more purple. I still doubt he wins this state though and even though it shows overall national strength this might've been a trip better for another state more in play.

19. red

red Contributing Member

Trump gets embarrassed. In 10 years trump is synonymous with garbage.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Supreme Court has been conservative for decades from everything I have ever read. Otherwise perhaps gay people would have been able to get married before recently. It's coming though.