1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL at being cheap.

Dmo is not good enough to be holding out, and he isn't worth much.

YOLO and Htownballer38 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% correct, then DMO makes the call - the Agent is doing' DMo's bidding - advice is not "Say"....there is a massive difference.

DMo is getting advice, and he is making the call - I am sure he could sign the deal any time he wanted to....he just doesn't want to...and the longer it goes the more it feels like he really doesn't want to be here probably because of Morey.

So, he might sit out until the last moment that his RFA can be fulfilled with a one year deal THIS year...and come back....like March.

DD

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think the problem is there isn't any deal out there for him to sign, IIRC his contract expired so he like has to start from scratch now, and the Rox are probably in no hurry since they still have to sort out their own roster slots. I think the most likely scenario right now is either a sign and trade for consolidation of assets (or maybe dumping Brew) or they just sit DMO's ass down until the trade deadline or something. At this point I don't think DMO has any leverage left because of how bad he and his agent played things out, they couldn't even get a contract overseas and the longer he sits out the harder it will be for teams give him a shot at more than the vet min.

The RGV poster with DMO in the promo is like b**** slapping DMo publicly, maybe the Houston org got mad at him when they negotiated behind closed doors and wanted to teach him the reality of his situation if he was being unrealistic regarding his contract demands, which honestly I think he was when nobody offered him anything it should've been a sign to take the 4M 1 year option and try again next year instead of insisting on the theoretical 8M he thought he was worth.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

No guarantee he'd get signed if he tried to pull that crap.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

So what is going on?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Source informed me that the Rockets will not sign D-Mo #soon.
    Source also informed me that D-Mo will not sign with the Rockets #soon.

YOOL CEE.

oakdogg likes this.
  8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Vlade's mess, Brotherly Love (always), ButtNugget's unpacking (No, not like Ty) Some Bird(s) and a desert outcast. My poor city :(

That's what I heard today. As for DMO, I'm sticking to what I said: He wanted 8 mill per year despite a failed physical and relatively poor play. I am not aware of this 4 mill offer, but I doubt he takes it. I'm not very close with him, but reading his tweets, he definitely values himself more than guys who outplay him. I'd like him back, but I think NeNe/Clint/FlyRy make up what he does and more.

Also,

NeNe is super happy here. That's a good sign. He hasn't been happy in years. But he needs help, and Clint isn't the tough guy we need right now.

Peace and love

TMac'n, D-rock, lionaire and 7 others like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cod,

You co**tease, you.

Suckramento, Philly (Okafor?), Phoenix (Chandler?), who's ButtNugget....Birds (Hawks, Pelicans?)....

Plowman, mikol13 and Codman like this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think 3yr/$24m with a third year team option is fair for Dmo but that's just me. If I remember correctly Cod, I think Daryl offered 2/16 with second year team option?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Every day wth a new Codman's post is a better day.

About the post, SacTown, Sixers, Nuggets, Atlanta or NOLA(?) and Phoenix so...i would be interested in:

KINGS: Boogie

SIXERS: Okafor, Noel, Covington, Grant, Holmes

NUGGETS: Gallo, Nurkic (but i guess he's not on trade talks), Harris (how's he doing?)...they also have Wilson Chandler who was playing pretty well in NY with MDA but with that contract i'm not sure i'd take the risk...

HAWKS: Millsap

PELICANS: Holiday

SUNS: Knight (not sure he's happy coming off the bench), Chandler, Tucker...what about Warren?

#291 Vivi, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Deuce and Codman like this.
  12. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

A lot of people ask for advice and want to hear you say what they're already thinking. When your advice goes against what they wanted to do they sometimes automatically discredit you. What I mean by this is Dmo's agent might not want to straight up tell Dmo he's being dumb, for fear of losing his job. So instead he does what Dmo wants, and not necessarily what is best for Dmo.

Codman likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Excellent conclusions. I mean, you base your entire thesis on what you think and/or believe to be true. Get over yourself. This conjecture is typical knee-jerk psychobabble based on no facts.

14. basketballholic

ButtNugget is Faried guys.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A source recently confided in me that sources are sometimes unreliable, even if they really do know things.

DMtheGM likes this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Vlade's mess (Rudy Gay), Brotherly Love (always) (Okafor), ButtNugget's unpacking (No, not like Ty) (Faried) Some Bird(s) (Millsap) and a desert outcast (Tyson Chandler).

Amel and Little Bit like this.
  17. valorita

valorita Member

I just got that reference.
    Is that confirmed? Or alleged?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And Faried is Harrell.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

These look like correct guesses. Rudy Gay is gettable, Okafor should be within reach, Faried has his detractors but I think he'll play well alongside Harden (alley pop, dunk, alley oop, dunk), Chandler should easily be gettable (do we want to pay that salary?), and Millsap....? Well, as far as Millsap, he'd be awesome here, but could we even get him? And what would the rotation be?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Millsap may be gettable for us (still a longshot though...i can see the Suns being very aggressive for him), but only when Ryan Anderson will be tradable.

I kinda like Chandler here on paper, but with Capela and Nene i'm not sure we need him at that salary tbh...