1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets management pushed to play Clint Capela over Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMAC3, Oct 24, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz at Tim MacMahon saying he reached out to DM, DH and JBB for comment, but they declined. Can you imagine if basketballholic had press credentials to send emails or private tweets to players, GM and coaches.

"Hey, can you comment on this Rubio SnT for me." Then he'd come here and make a big deal they "Declined" or "Ignored" his trade "info" meaning they are hiding something.

The only way this is true is if Morey was actually trying to tank for that lottery pick. But Les was totally against that.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sigh... punk-ass Dwight.

J.R. likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ironic because ESPN was the main catalyst behind the Dwightmare narrative when he signed here. ESPN is worse than Fox News and the Huffington Post when it comes to pushing agendas, and it's a huge reason why their viewership is dwindling.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's a bit of posturing I think. Morey's asking price was high and no one bit. He at least showed that he's no bluffer. He gets what he wants in a trade or the trade isn't made. That he's not going to make a last minute desperation move.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't even understand why this is controversial. We should have benched Howard and started Capela. Dwight was awful last year.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So let me get this straight: DM asked JBB to cut DH's minutes because he was playing like a jackass and not playing to his strengths and JBB declined... Dwight didn't want to play because it HURT HIS FEELINGS?

Can you imagine if the Rockets and their players loved to gossip like other organizations? The Rockets need to start defending themselves, Dwight is going to drag them through the mud all season.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

calvin watkins and tim macmahon are very close even though you would assume one is a dallas reporter and the other reports on houston

btw what was the point of releasing this article today. howard has been gone for months, their is a rockets hate agenda among espn, and they are mad harden might win mvp. harden better be on his p's and q's because watkins and macmahon will have those vines ready

#47 HardenTime, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ummmm......I guess I'm the only one that sees this as a great article.

It'd be one thing if Dwert was still here. That couldve hurt team chemistry for the upcoming season. BUT he's not here. So who cares?

Capela, the guy they wanted to prioritize, IS still here. This should give the team and Capela confidence. Its a positive story about a player still on the roster.

Batman Jones and eric.81 like this.
  9. DreamEarlNolan

This may be the most stupid article I've ever read. The Rockets wanted to cut Dwight's minutes and play Capela, and Harden went to management and asked for Capela to take Dwight's minutes, but then they try to get Dwight to sign his player option for this year? None of that makes sense. I don't believe that Harden said anything about Dwight's minutes. Just writers trying to get a better headline. I'm sick of reporters trying to make the news rather than just report it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The timing of the article is highly suspicious. Then you add in the fact it is a DALLAS sports writer. Sounds like another smear/narrative campaign from good old Cuban.

So JBB is really going to go "nah" if management wants to interject some lineup changes? LOL. Right.

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I love your outlook... seriously!

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The divorce between Howard and the Rockets is over and everyone should just move on...

What difference does it make now what any one said her did....

Just a stupid article... Who really cares...

T_Man

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

TMAC throwing James Harden and the Rockets under the bus on The Jump on ESPN right now! They think this is Harden's fault!! Oh GAWD it's happening! I knew it! The narrative is changing to Harden and Rockets did Dwight wrong.

Some fans really thought the media hated the Rockets because of Dwight. Nope! They have always hated the Rockets. I swear.. Punk-ass Dwight...:mad:

This season is going to annoy the hell out of me!

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why can't management let the Coach coach.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

McGrady: This is all James Harden. He wanted Clint Capela. Capela would defer to Harden where Howard demanded the basketball. This is a team that went to the WCF. Howard was a huge part of that. Why is this all of this info coming out about Dwight when Harden is to blame for all of this? Dwight is in ATL doing his own thing. This info shouldn't be leaking out. There's a guy named Greg Buckner, who was on the staff last year, now in Dallas, the guy who wrote this article is in Dallas.

Windhorst: I don't need sources, I don't need reports. All I need is the video from the playoffs when Harden hit the winning shot and Dwight gave the death stare. That's all I need to know that they had no use for each other.

McGrady: A lot of pressure is on Harden this year. Exactly what he wants. He has no one else to blame.

cheke64 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Look, maybe Harden had a part to play in this, but I don't expect players to be organizational strategists and make personnel assessments. Just like I didn't expect Howard to understand why he should not get a ton of post ups (though he should have gotten more than he was getting).

What I do expect is for the organization not to tamper in a way that can backfire. That's a giant screw up that word got to Howard and it annihilated his motivation, his performance and subsequently his trade/asset value.

The only way I could understand something like that is if Harden came to the team and said "it's me or him, sit him down and trade him."

In that case you say thank you to Dwight and goodbye. But on the court, as long as the season is still in play, you let the coach put the best team on the floor with a veteran team. It's not like we were developing young guys.

Man I'm so irritated. Last season was my least favorite Rockets season ever and this just brought back all the disappointment. absudfijpsb(^&%^&RTF&YGDUFGI!!!

17. onreego

onreego Member

Tracy and Dwight have very similar personalities.

All world talent but blames everyone else for their shortcomings. It makes sense that he would side with Howard.

Little Bit and HardenTime like this.
  18. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

McGrady has always been jealous of Harden

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

who cares though, dwight is GONE. This story should not have been leaked. Calvin Watkins should not be covering our team. This team has a better chemistry, the league knows harden is serious this year and might actually win a bunch of games, so they are trying to make harden look like a cancer. Hard to be a cancer if you are winning 55 games right

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

TMAC even made fun of Harden's new shoes... So much sodium.