1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer has to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

-you can count on him to fire one (or 8) off but you can't count on him to make a 3.
    -He charges into defenses even though his touch around the rim is as awful as that knuckleball 3 he pushes up there. God help me, he must've made one of those corkscrewing, leaning, wrong hand layups a few times back in the day. He fell in love with it. Especially since they're running what looks like an effective half court game his "fast breaks" are damn near unnecessary.
    -defensively gets worked when he's not gambling for steals. Too narrow to be physical.
    -not a rebounder
    -makes a boatload of money

Is he even a locker room guy? Veteran presence? Are he and harden good friends? What is it?!

Somebody give us one viable reason Corey Brewer is a Houston Rocket.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because Morey signed him to a bad contract and you couldn't get a used condom for him in trade.

Williamson and kevtse like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we would stretch him or something. Waste of roster spot. Rather keep one of our young prospects.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a while back in the spring of 2015 corey's pet goat 'billy' stumbled into keith jones' office and started chomping away at some files in a corner. then corey, worried about billy's whereabouts, torpedo'd down the front office hallways at ToyCen, running faster than his feet could handle, not unlike a chicken with its head cut off. when he finally tracked billy down and happened upon the mess, lodged between billy's molars were some very incriminating pics of les. corey was eventually signed to a four year contract.

Dopamine, Invisible Fan and ramotadab like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's really remarkable how terrible he has played compared to his 2013-15 seasons.

When he first got here he could make layups and runners and he really mixed it up on D. Now he is almost always a negative on both sides of the ball. The signing has destroyed our depth.

kevtse likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"At the end of every night, when you go back and watch the film, there are three or four key plays that only Brew can make. It's getting to a spot to take a charge; it's shooting a passing lane to get a hand on the ball; it's a key transition bucket. And in the fourth quarter, he makes big 3s for you, too. The kid is a winner. There is no other way around it. It's the only thing that matters to him."

"I love Brew. I had him in Minnesota when we drafted him, and he is a champion."

"People may see his game is kind of awkward. If you were teaching your kid how to play, you could never in a thousand years teach your kid how to play the way he plays."

"He is special. His personality never changes; his attitude never changes. He is a guy that wherever I would go or would be, if it was time to go to battle, I would take him with me."

-John Blair Bickerstaff on Corey Brewer
    And on that note, you can have him Memphis.

7. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Yeah. Memphis can have him. One used condom please lol...

I'm seriously. The only thing I can say positively is that my wife's grandparents are big UF homers. They loved him and said he's a great person. But this is pro ball and I want to see someone in that spot that plays like average ball. The brewer sewer overfloweth. I'm done. I wish him the best elsewhere. Hell, I'm wishing the best here but....

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Looks like "Hollinger's analysis" is slightly broken ;).

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's good when he's running the break and getting easy shots.

When the offense bogs down and he tries to create it's awful

10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

If by running the break you mean literally having no one in front of him....doesnt happen often enough.

malakas likes this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Member

Preseason
    16 mpg
    2.4 pts
    20% fg
    0% 3pt
    50% ft

#11 BigTex, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I knew it was bad - but it's really that bad?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He honestly doesn't look like an NBA player.

KJ is FAR SUPERIOR on defense, and seems to be better at shooting and finishing as well.

It is a crime that we wasted minutes on Brewer last year when we could have been developing KJ for this season.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

omg nobody is trading for that with those stats

15. vick

vick Member

Viable reason is when the Rockets season goes down in flames they can have Brewer to blame it on.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

JB Bickerstaff let this man play 20.4 minutes per game last season, and also moved him into the starting lineup against the Warriors in the playoffs. And there are people who thought James Harden was the Rockets problem last season.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bad contract / bad play

All you can hope for is that DA can squeeze something out of him that somehow resembles ok NBA - play.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been saying, do him and us a favor and CUT HIM. He will find a team for the minimum (Memphis) and we will let KJ and Dekker make those mistakes while they're young.

Brewer is a great guy and that year he gave us a lot, a nice push. But the league is getting fast really fast. Teams are WAY better in transition these days, overall drafts and signings have leaned heavily towards speed rather than strength. His competitive advantage is disappearing and what's worse is he's in his 30's now so he will slow down and he has no other skill to compensate.

I would LOVE to have him on the bench for the minimum if we have a roster spot open, but right now I'd rather swallow Brew's $12m/2yrs than let Wiltjer walk (if it comes down to that). The only fairly reasonable deal I can imagine is Brewer and a 2nd rounder for literally anything Memphis will give us. They need depth at SF and JB will vouch for him.

I feel bad now because I imagine the dude reading this. I really appreciate the guy, but man, this team is in a tough transition. That shot might start falling again but what does that matter in the grand scheme of a James harden championship window?

ramotadab and DonKnock like this.
  19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He's actually punishing us for giving him a godawful contract .

20. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

if he were fat and slow we could call him the brickopotamus.

What's skinny and quick and sucks?