1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wait... So you're saying if Morey can't find another player to pay 4.4 to, he should just throw more money at DMo????

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Disregard if not, couldn't tell now from other post *

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah , but what is he doing now ? Even if he ****ed up the 4.4 was still on the table . I dunno how much Dmo is gonna get now .

There are a few options , Dmo signs a multiple year deal that either is very favorable to the team or is designed so they can trade him . Or he gets a 1 year deal probably around QO size . Regardless it's in dmo's best interest to be in camp now

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Agree with you 100%. I think bj screwed over DMo or at least didn't do his job. 4.4 is decent and I think would be worth it enough to prove he's back to form. I mean 4.4 is a lot more than some min deals and it could allow him to walk into some big deal next year.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

If QO is still on a table and not expired Dmo by himself should walk in a room and sign that deal.If he will be healthy next year Its a lot of power in that paper (but no money for now).

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

FWIW, I talked to Calvin for my show tonight (he spoke to both sides yesterday):

Summary: BJ is much more upset with the RFA system than he is Morey, per Calvin. Doesn't see Europe as a realistic threat. Still thinks strong odds are with Motiejunas being here.

Deuce, dmoneybangbang, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DMO would be a complete fool at his age if he didn't try and get the most money he can while he can. I don't blame him one bit for holding out and like you say it's only business.

omgTHEpotential and DaDakota like this.
  8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Damn cat, please stop saying "ya" during interviews...thanks for the interview anyways...

Newlin likes this.
  9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

You really don't think DMo needs to show us he can remain healthy for a bit and contribute in a meaningful way first? You must admit he didn't exactly look at all like the DMo we were really excited about previously upon his return from the last injury?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

@SuperKev,

I think he looked rusty, had his moments, but back injuries take about a year to get completely over, I don't believe DMo has any real issues, but I do think the RESTRICTED deal is killing his value - and that is the way it is.

I was surprised he did not take the QO, but I am sure he will eventually sign - these things are all posturing, it is just business.

DD

Smacktle likes this.
  11. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Nice podcast, but you should probably stop saying "yea" after every sentence Calvin says :) but nice good questions asked...

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My apologies, appreciate the feedback. It's usually easier to let interviews "breathe" since I tend to do them on the phone and there's a natural give-and-take, but this was in person and a bit rushed (tipoff was coming in literally a couple minutes, and at one point I got pushed out of the way by security, ha), and I admittedly treated it too much like a face-to-face convo. My bad. Yao's pregame presser threw off the usual timing of things, too.

Anyway, other interesting thing that stood out: Calvin citing a Rockets official as saying that they felt there'd still be time for D-Mo to get a Chinese Visa, should he sign before the trip. Obviously seems doubtful, since they leave Wednesday, but the fact that they've even discussed/considered the scenario would seem to tell me that they aren't THAT far off.

#632 The Cat, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Amel likes this.
  13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

And he will return on floating clouds, with a bionic back.

"For I am the messiah you seek. Never fear, I will show you the path to glory."

DaDakota 1:17

Smacktle likes this.
  14. DaDakota

You do realize that there are TONS of NBA players that have had this minor procedure and have had productive careers.

On the Rockets Dekker has had it, Anderson had something similar - Dwight had it, there are tons and tons of NBA players that have had back issues and played for years....TMac for instance.

So yeah, I think he can be managed and am not the least bit worried about it.

DD

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Still, at least you aren't rubio holic.

Did you know we are one move away from adding our Pippen to harden? Yes that's right, not only can we have Dmo the exalted one, ricky "pippen" rubio is within our grasp.

I'm not the least bit worried.

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Btw, on a more serious note. Just checked out your game. Looks very nice! Personally I just invested in star citizen but if I had the $$$ Id give your project a look for sure.

17. DaDakota

You know I was one of the owners and founders of Star CItizen, right? I was there for the first 2 years, and left to do my own thing. I even did 72 episodes of Wingman's hangar while I was there, before dev was transferred more to the UK and LA from Austin.

Star Citizen is an ambitious project, people will need to be patient while they work out all of the issues to make it right.

DD

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Wait seriously? That's crazy.

Any particular reason you left? (Roberts micro management?)

Yes it's very ambitious but they are making good strides now. I'm pretty patient and know it will take time (which is something a lot of people don't seem to understand). A developer needs time to make the perfect game and too often these AAA titles are just copy and paste jobs which don't enrich user experience.

That's pretty cool to find out you were apart of that, I have a lot of confidence in the project. 3.0 update looks like it will be something else.

Like I said about dmo: he's not a scrub and I rate his skillset but I don't think he's pivotal to our success. Like you said he's a nice option to have when we are in trouble (throw him the ball in the post and see what happens). I get the feeling he's gone unfortunately.

19. DaDakota

I left because I did not want to move to LA - I have been a friend of Chris and Erin for more than 27 years, Chris was in my wedding, and I went to Erin's wedding in the UK and am still close to their family.

I loved working there, but I really enjoy doing my own studio and project, Star Citizen can be great - given enough resources and time to make it.

I thought the Gamescom demo looked great, and I do miss doing the livestreams - you can go back on the channel and find me doing the first 2 gamescoms....they were a blast.

DD

Cashmoney likes this.
  20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Any chance I can add you on linkedin? Have a question for you. Take it off here to unclog this thread