1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I believe the coach came out this week and basically said they are going to pretend like he never left. If that is the case, then Deangelo is a bench stash in case Bell gets hurt.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're looking at a multiple weeks absence with Dez. Don't count on him playing for a few weeks. probably won't have a chance at returning til after their bye week at the earliest

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Edelman vs BUF

or

Riddick @ CHI

Standard scoring

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, the owner with Larry Fitzgerald has come to me with a new trade offer. The weird thing is the initial Yahoo offer that showed on my phone looks different from the one that showed up on my laptop:

One that showed up on phone: To me: Larry Fitzgerald and Phillip Dorsett. To him: LaGarrette Blount and Sterling Shepard
    One that then showed up on computer: To me: Fitzgerald To him: Blount and Shepard. And Yahoo says the other team would need to drop Dorsett

So questions...
    1. Do I go back to other owner and ask if Dorsett is part of this trade or not?
    2. Do I require Dorsett as part of a counter offer response to the trade? Is Dorsett desired value?
    3. Do I go back and counter with Tyrell Williams instead of Shepard?
    4. Do I decline altogether?

All advice really appreciated!

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Dorsett would have to be in it for me to consider it. Even then, I am not sure. I do think Dorsett has some big games ahead with moncrief hurt.

So
    1. Absolutely
    2. Yes. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Maybe

NewRoxFan likes this.
  6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Cincinnati a good stream option for this week? Had them in week 1 and they weren't all that.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

And there goes any hope of Josh Gordon playing this year

8. NewRoxFan

ESPN ranks them 4th this week. UPI has them 5th. Seems like a good choice if you still can choose them. I chose BAL this week.

Found this:

9. NewRoxFan

Hope he gets his life straightened out. But as someone that just added Tyrrelle Pryor Wednesday, I get a bit more value this year.

10. ABforPresident

Artis-Payne or Whittaker this week?
    .5 PPR

11. NewRoxFan

So I am rejecting the my Blount and Shepard trade for his Fitzgerald. I will use Blount this weekend, and approach the Doug Baldwin owner next Monday for a Blount for Baldwin trade.

12. tmacfor35

Your advice only took a day to backfire.

Of course it should when your argument deals with Josh Gordon actually playing in a real NFL game.

13. tmacfor35

Blount and Shep for Baldwin would be a good trade.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

You've got to be kidding here. Ok if it only takes less than a day to think you're somehow going to be correct When nothing has happened. I'll play it your way and repost every single week about freeman and Pryor. When I clearly said we'll see how they perform at seasons end. Just sit back and try to keep your mouth shut. My bet proposal was all I needed to figure out how serious you are trying to talk about fantasy football

15. NewRoxFan

Thanks. Was going to start with Blount alone, then up it to include Tyrrell Williams if needed.

16. NewRoxFan

Congrats on the DST choice.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I picked up Pryor and also own Corey Coleman so the Gordon news is favorable for me. But I still think Pryor is a bit overhyped based off what happened in one game.

Did you see what AJ Green did to that shitshow Dolphins CB corps tonight? They are starting a guy who mostly played receiver in college.

The flip side is the Browns are bad and so gameflow favors more passing volume when playing from behind.

I still think Pryor plays second fiddle again when Coleman returns, but his arrow is definitely pointing up.

18. NewRoxFan

I agree there is too much hype but I bought in and will start him this weekend. With the possibility of runs and passes it would seem hard to not get at least mid teens with the targets he gets. That said it won't be a surprise and defenses will scheme for him.

I also bought into the Kenneth Dixon hype. Dropped Ivory for him.

19. NewRoxFan

Could y'all rank for rest of season the following WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, Emmannuel Sanders, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry for standard league format?

20. tmacfor35

Jarvis, Doug, Larry, Emanuel, Demaryus