1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Honestly... at the end of the day, I think Phoenix and Houston will do a deal.

Houston In
    G Eric Bledsoe

Phoenix In
    F/G Corey Brewer
    F/G Sam Dekker
    2018 Houston 1st (top 10 protected) // 2019 no protection (if Bledsoe misses more than 42 games due to injury in 2016 - 2017 season, it becomes future 2nd)
    2017 Portland 2nd
    2017 Denver 2nd

Houston's Roster
    PG Bledsoe // Beverley // Prigs
    SG Harden // Gordon // Payton
    SF Ariza // Beasley // McDaniels
    PF Anderson // Motiejunas // Harrell
    C Capela // Nene // Onuaka

Core 3 (guard): Bledsoe // Harden // Beverley
    Core 3 (wing): Ariza // Anderson // Gordon
    Core 3 (post): Capela // Nene // Beasley

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

No way you ever give up unprotected pick, ever. Especially for an injury riddled player. Look what happen to Brooklyn.

I can see phoenix selling off bledsoe but I don't know if we have the assets. I think if they get off to a crappy start they may trade any value they have for the future and commit to rebuilding.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you can take a risk at Bledsoe, why not, ive said even if he can play 60 games, and gets injured early and comes back for playoffs, Houston could really make a deep run if all things are clicking and offensive unit is potent. Bledsoe would make this team dangerous with his driving capabilites, people would have to double team him and harden, leaving gordon and anderson killing you on the wings with shots.

4. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Would anyone do Harden and two firsts for Rubio? Might be worth it. Rubio is seriously the next Magic.

5. alleyoop

alleyoop Member

If you could give up similar packages, something like DMo, Brew (cap filler), Dekker, KJ or Harrell (or a combo) and picks with any other adjustments Sac or Phoenix would want;
    would Cousins or Bledsoe be better for this team?

6. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

[​IMG]

But for real, I think Cousins is higher value than Bledsoe. I would take either one, but Cousins is one of the best 5s in the league.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Who can actually be traded at this point? Who is still restricted?

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we take the ball out of Harden's hands to put it in Bledsoe's hands, we are some stupid mf'ers.

We need guys who can do real damage either as a compliment to Harden OR with ball movement.

Bledsoe's value to a team that would actually make him the dominant guard is too high for us to compete with our assets. What it would cost us to get him far exceeds his value to this team/system, and that's not the case for other teams who would like to get him.

9. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Don't know if yall saw this but Noel is unhappy as a 76er? So just maybe MDA can convince morey to pull the trigger

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

We still lack a bigger wing that can shoot. If Dekker can fill that role, then I'm fine with the team as is.

Now that Beasley is gone and we've added a young PG, there's not an obvious trade to be made. We already have our starters set, a group of young players and nobody is on an expiring contract. Unless somebody wants to take Brewer off our hands for free, the only trade that makes sense is one for a star, which we don't have the assets for.

11. hvic

hvic Member

trolling pretty hard here

12. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Would anyone take a risk on Chris Bosh?

hvic likes this.
  13. hvic

hvic Member

I would if he is able to suit up and play for 15 mins a game and at a low price.

Nemospl likes this.
  14. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I just have this huge feeling that a BIG trade is going to be made that requires us to pick up some veteran aid like Carl Landry...
    Ennis is getting a lot of praise and we saw him guarding Harden (so must have some good defense) plus Harden is now the defacto PG...

Harden/Ennis/Prigs....(Where does Bev fit, plus Brown, GPII and Taylor want their shot)
    Gordon/Harden/KJ
    Ariza/Dekker/Brew
    Anderson/Harrell/Wiltjer
    Capela/Nene/Onuaku...(hope I spelled that right)

I can easily see a trade involving Bev, Brew, DMO, KJ, Harrell some of the young talent...Basically anyone outside of Harden, Ennis, Gordon, Ariza, Anderson, Capela and Nene look to be trade pieces...

No sources...just personal hunch and opinion.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

You might be right. I could see us angling for either a wingman for Harden or a bigman.

16. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Those two words should never be used together. Just sayin.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. thiefery

thiefery Member

Wonder if Josh Smith is no longer an option down the road..

18. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

2 things would have to happen for him to be an option. Ryan Anderson or Montrezl Harrell get injured and if we don't resign D-Mo. Literally the only ways we call him up.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wonder if we can get a future second rounder for KJ . Frees up roster space this year if we are having a crunch . Maybe there's a team that will bite on his potential and cheap contract .

20. basketballholic

Bosh may be a target if we can get Winslow. We'd be banking on another amnesty in the new cba to get rid of Bosh's contract next summer/fall.