1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Surprised they didn't jump at the Blount and Cooper for Deandre. That seems like a good deal for both teams.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Welp. Dez has a hairline fracture in his knee

3. spankyou

spankyou Member

I offered Davonta Freeman and Pryor for Lamar Miller and John Brown. Do you think this is a good trade for me?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seems good for you. You get the better RB (Freeman is a split backfield going into a tough stretch, Miller is clear RB1 with lots of touches and going into division play in the worst division in football (well, maybe NFC South is worse). And while I went with the hype of Pryor, who knows what happens when the league has seen him a few times and Gordon is full speed.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Being offered Tevin Coleman for my Dez Bryant. I don't like the Falcons split situation, but Dez is probably out two, three weeks. Thoughts?

6. tmacfor35

Surprised they didn't jump at the Blount and Cooper for Deandre. That seems like a good deal for both teams.
    I would keep Freeman.
    You have the best RB and best WR in that trade.
    I think Pryor being a big target will be the rookie(Kessler)safety blanket going forward. Look at his targets as it is a good indicator of his success.

7. tmacfor35

I will disagree with this entirely.
    Look at touches. Freeman was unlucky to not have 2TD's last game while getting the main reps at the RB position.
    I would keep Pryor as well.

8. tmacfor35

That's a tough call, I would ship Dez off for a better RB. I think this week is the best week to ship off the Tevin Colemans of the world.

Dez's success will rely on Romo returning. He isn't getting the targets with Dak at QB.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would not even consider shipping out Forte and Dez for Edelman. Glad you are winning though!

10. tmacfor35

I am not considering it either. This hairline fracture came at a bad time! Should have done it last week.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Freeman is not better than Lamar Miller. playing against the worst defense in the league doesn't change that. Freeman is a RB2 compared to a every week RB1 in miller

And the pryor hype right now is what it is. Once gordon gets back next week and teams settle in on clev lineups, he likely won't be reliable as a every week starter. Tread carefully with your realistic exceptions with Pryor

12. tmacfor35

You should believe the Pryor hype. Guy is going to be the amoeba on the offense for the next month to 6 weeks.

Freeman had a long TD called back this season already. He is playing like a top 10 back and should be considered as such. Lamar Miller has yet to find the end zone and the Texans offense has yet to show it can run the ball in the red zone. I think you are giving out some bad information.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure if you offer Forte and Dez for Edelman it will be accepted. The person would probably accept it without Dez

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely not expecting to see lines such as the one posted this past sunday. that's just not realistic. You're going to be pretty disappointed if you're really expecting that. Even the elite WR's in the league can't do that every week and Pryor isn't even close to any of them.

lol at calling my information bad when your advocating some huge praise for someone unproven like Pryor. I dont know what freeman you're watching but he's not a top 10 back. You fail to realize atl is splitting their rb time with coleman who has a total of 42 touches compared to freeman's 51. And even with those less touches Coleman is #5 in pts for RB's. no thats not a top 10 back in freeman. Please don't call someone else's information bad without looking into the real situations first. Coleman isn't going anywhere baring injury. Atl is splitting their time on purpose because they want to. That's their gameplan. Lamar Miller hasn't found the endzone yet but is right there with freeman in yard and a ton more carries (74-42). That's what you look for in fantasy, someone with clear cut opportunities every week. Not a guy who is splitting time and get a shade over double digit carries.

People who panic and overreact during the first few weeks over certain players are usually the ones in the losers bracket at the end of the year.

#414 YOLO, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  15. tmacfor35

So much WOW in this post. Coleman's numbers were inflated due to the defense. Freeman has a track record of being the lead horse in this race and will continue to be such with 20% more carries. Lamar Miller is graded out as one of the worst RB's in the league at hitting the correct hole and has an offensive line that can't run block. If we are in a PPR league then yes you take Miller no questions ask but I don't believe he is a number one guy like Freeman has proven to be already. The Texans interior offensive line will never allow elite RB production along with a QB who shows flashes but is too inconsistent to take guys out of the box.

Please read your previous post about Pryor who got double digit targets last week and was the clear number one option in an offense that will be playing catch up all year. He is much better than the third option on the Cardinals.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

first of all freeman's numbers are actually inflated because they just played 2 of the worst defenses in the league to start the year. Come sunday when they play carolina lets see what this "top 10" back in freeman is going to do. There isn't a true fantasy player who has won out there taking freeman over a lamar miller this year.You have you're opinion I have mine. We'll see how freeman and pryor end up at seasons end

17. tmacfor35

Lamar Miller hasn't found the end zone yet. Your logic has no backing right now. There is no proof to suggest that Lamar Miller as a feature back is going to be out produce Devonta Freeman who plays behind a great run blocking line. This is craziness. If you are a Texan fan I get it, there will be some bias here.

I think you hold on to Pryor to trade him in a few weeks when McCown comes back.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't need anything to back whatever up right now. It's fantasy football. its not how you start, its how you finish. Who cares if he hasn't found the endzone yet. Classic over reaction here. If it's so crazy lets make a bet then. By season's end who will have more total fantasy points between the two. Obviously I'm taking Miller. If you think Freeman is as good as you're trying to make him out to be this should be an easy decision for you. Otherwise just sit back and see what happens.

19. spankyou

spankyou Member

I offers Davonta Freeman and Pryor for Lamar Miller and John Brown. Do you think this is a good trade for me?

*mod plz delete this post, no idea how I posted it again

20. spankyou

spankyou Member

Lol it's a tough one but I'm leaning towards Miller because he's a primary back and will get his points. Freeman on the other hand will be limited with him sharing the ball. Pryor I think is a hype, he won't put up more than 13 after this week.