1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt Possibly Out For Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moestavern19, Sep 27, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Here's the Texans front office and coaches covering their asses again with leaks

DudeWah likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He needs to be shut down for the entire season. Don't even entertain the idea of him coming back in December, or for the playoffs. The defense will be fine this season without him. I have faith that RAC can come up with some damaging schemes using Clowney, Mercilus, Simon, and the Ninja.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Damn! That was my initial reaction as well when I saw this. Watt may have been overzealous in wanting to come back so quickly but it was THEIR responsibility to do what was best for him long term. Now they want to place the blame on him. Typical.

Crashlanded19 and DudeWah like this.
  5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Was Thursday the first NFL game you've ever watched? It must have been... Good teams - even great teams - have off weeks. It doesn't singularly invalidate a much larger sample size. I mean, did you watch the Steeler game last weekend? Cardinals? The Seahawks lost to the Rams and Case Keenum, 9-3 a few weeks ago.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cool, how many games before Cushing gets hurt again?

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If Cush comes back to his preseason form from this year, this defense is going to be improved from Game 1-3

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

what a ****ing joke of an organization..throwing players under the bus..

don't re-sign here hop!

season's over...

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

JJ, it only took Jesus three days to recover from dying, maybe you're not trying hard enough.

10. Hey Now!

To Bleacher Report? Is this guy a known-Texan source?

Smells like bullshit to me. JJ Watt doesn't determine who plays; the coaches do - if they were concerned, they wouldn't have played him.

11. val_modus

val_modus Member

Many of you are not seeing the silver lining here... Perhaps JJ sacrificed his body to the Houston sports demons in order for the Rockets to be permitted entry into the 2017 NBA Finals.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh it's bullshit all right. But no matter what, the optics on this situation look very bad for the Texans. From the outside, it looks like they bought into the whole JJ Watt mythos, rushed him back too quickly and now that it's hit the fan, they are trying to cover their asses as per Mr. Clutch. And coming on the heels of their getting pimp slapped on TNF, they look totally incompetent and I'm being nice here.

15. Hey Now!

Why don't you try to post without mentioning TNF.

Find me any credible sources that support the bad optics narrative you're pushing down everyone's throat because the Texans were so mean to you last Thursday... most of what I've read nationally has expressed empathy for both franchise and player. It's a devastating, perhaps season-altering blow for the team, and you seem content to dance on its premature grave. Again, all because you *really* care about prime time games way more than you should.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're right.

I'm not seeing that.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well B'Ob said that JJ Watt followed all the doctors orders, I guess B'Ob isn't the source of the leak!

Reminds me of the negative whispers and leaks about Clowney in his first training camp, how he didn't want to practice or whatever, then it turned out he had a serious injury that required microfracture surgery.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lots of venom and accusations toward the organization here, I don't see any reason or motive behind them pushing JJ to get back early. If he was ready in week one then I can only assume that they had full confidence from doctors that he was fine at that time.

We don't even know if this is the same disc. Could be something completely new.

I do fault them, however, for playing him so many snaps to start the season. He had no training camp and assuming he did not get to workout at the same level this offseason as before. He should have been on a snap count that gradually increased.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

If Clowney is every going to live up to the draft hype, now is the time

20. toycannon

toycannon Member

We still can win this division without Watts. He maybe back for the playoffs.