1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official First Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Sep 25, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All of the american people should join me and not vote for either of these frauds. No bigger statement the American people can make than for both candidates to have ZERO votes come November. The less votes the better. I'd love that when one of these dangerous idiots wins that it's with record low numbers so they can get a hard reminder that the majority American people don't support them.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow...

"not sure what your point is...Trump failed at every single facet of a prime time debate. every.single.one.
    policy, posture, facial expressions, douchebaggery, fact checking, lying, and even doubled and tripled down on the worst most attackable items he has espoused. Hillary played it perfectly."

Again, this is from a campaign manager that runs campaigns for conservatives...

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^dumb guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else pitches dumb plan on Internet.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

So Wikileaks is for the Trump campaign... Wikileaks is pro Russia.... interesting....

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wow thats low even for you smh those young men haven't even been put to rest and your cracking joke about them wow.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

This is from the debate:

"Well, I told you I will release them as soon as the audit. Look, I have been under audit almost for fifteen years. I know a lot of wealthy people that have never been audited. I said do you get audited? I get audited almost every year. And in a way I should be complaining. I’m not even complaining. I don't mind them. It’s almost become a way of life. I get audited by the IRS. But other people don't."

And the reason many wealthy people have never been audited is that they probably claim a reasonable amount of deductions and report their earnings accurately. Those are the 2 main things the IRS looks at. And so, why would he always be audited? Because the IRS suspects he's inaccurate or worse. I'm thoroughly convinced that is what it is. I've been told this by 3 different people who prepare taxes for a living- report all your income, and take off only that which is legitimately deductible- and even then, don't go over 40% or at the most 50%. So, yep, that's probably it.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

For those who are saying Trump won the first 30 minutes, well the first 30 minutes was about the economy the biggest issue for voters. The rest was bullshit. Who gives **** if Trump supported the Iraq war or his tax return.

9. dandorotik

Yes, I've seen that. I don't think they came out in the light of the public as much until more recently- otherwise, Sanders would have beaten her handily.

10. dandorotik

It has been illustrated in numerous polls over the years that viewers are expecting the candidates to act Presidential- yes, they are supposed to be focused on topics, but it's simply not the case. Mr. Trump did not help himself in this regard.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

r****d is perfectly applicable. Neither of these two should be running for president.

Please quote me on where I stated I was voting for Trump? I do believe I stated I would be voting for Johnson at this point.

Hillary is everything we should be voting again. She is pro-elite, pro-money, politics as usual. At the end of her term, the middle class will still be eroding away and the rich will still get richer, despite her claims about going after the "wealthy" and helping the middle class.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he might have anyway if it was a fair competition. With the superdelegates the DNC basically gets to pick who they want. If the Republicans had superdelegates like the Democrats do then there's no way in hell Trump would have won. They'd have killed his candidacy in it's infancy by putting him way the hell behind in the delegate count.

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Hillary won the debate, but it's hard to say how the polls will move now. I don't think either candidate addressed the main perception issues they face.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@SamFisher - the most pretentious poster on this site who never actually contributes any original idea of his own.

fact is if there are ~250 million registered voters and if less than 50% vote (under 100 million would be embarrassing) this november it would forever haunt the "winner." i don't think it will happen but it should. maybe if the bernie voters stay home and we get bad weather in major cities we can be under 50% and even better, under 100 million. How amazing would it be to remind the "winner" every year of their term that the majority did not vote for them. Talk about no mandate.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's not that the topic is irrelevant - it's that people want the president to be trustworthy. Going back on your word and/or not revealing information that the past presidents have done seems to color one untrustworthy.

It's not applicable. I doubt any of us on this forum are fit to run for president of the US. Does that make us all r****ds?

16. RESINator

RESINator Member

yawn. all fluff from the candidates especially hillary. all talk come election time but the divide gets bigger

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well when you claim to be worth 10 billion but your tax returns say otherwise... Either your scamming the government or you're lying about your wealth. The IRS wants their cut if he's really as wealthy as he says.

18. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I've passed on the last four elections, but Trump is so bad, I'm gonna have to drag my ass to the polls.

Rashmon likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I don't think the winner would care how many people voted for them, as long as they won.

20. adoo

adoo Member

after ~ 15 min, Trump got fidgety, showing that he doesn't have the stamina to keep up w a 68-yr old elder lady who is recovering from a bout w pneumonia

as the debate went on, Hillary got more energetic. Trump was the opposite

FranchiseBlade likes this.