1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My Larry Fitz and Allen Hurns for his Brandon Marshall and Jacob Tamme...I have a giant need at TE. Is this deal acceptable for me?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seems like a good trade, you end up with the better WR and the TE you need. Was either Pitta or Brant available via WW?

#362 NewRoxFan, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    torque likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Since I won't be able to get Marvin Jones and I don't think even Allen Robinson is realistic at this point, is Gordon for Diggs a reasonable get? Or possibly Snead when healthy? I am also thinking of grabbing Crowder off the WW (I am betting Pryor gets snapped up either with a waiver call or someone waking up at 2am to pull him from the wire). Or maybe Boldin if Crowder is gone.

My other waiver wires (FA) moves will be either BAL (back) or DET for DST and either Dustin Hopkins or Matt Bryant for K.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I find Pryor to be a bit of a gimmicky pickup. Even some sharp minds are saying he's going to win some leagues. I don't see it. Not with Gordon due back in 2 weeks and Coleman back in 3-4. He's definitely going to be useful as a plug-in for the next few weeks but I don't see the long-term potential. I think he will be back to just a deep-threat by mid-season.

Jamison Crowder is going to be a WR3 in PPR leagues. Cousins is going to throw for 4500+ yards this season and while Jackson and Reed are the top 2 in the pecking order, Crowder is entrenched as the slot man who will rack up plenty of targets weekly.

I picked him up, but I've got ODB, Landry, Marvin Jones and Will Fuller ahead of him. Yeah. I draft well.

5. NewRoxFan

Is the time right for a Blount for a better WR than I currently have (Hilton, Shepard, Wallace, Tyrell Williams)? I was thinking of bundling Blount plus Reed for AJ Green? Or Blount plus Allen for Diggs? Or Blount plus Allen for Larry Fitzgerald?

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Started C-Mike this past weekend. Feeling invincible right now.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. What does your team look like right now and how many teams are in your league? Is it PPR?

7. NewRoxFan

I am 2-1 in a 12 player standard league. QBs are Rivers and Mariota, RBs are Miller, Gordon, Blount, and Ivory. WRs are Hilton, Wallace, Shepard, and Tyrell Williams. TEs are Reed and Allen. K is Viniateri and dst streams.

EDIT< sorry, forgot to list WR Tyler Lockett... though he won't be on the roster for long... :mad:

#367 NewRoxFan, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

What the ****? Brees didn't even look for cooks at all tonight.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Know your matchups. The Falcons aren't a good defense, but they do have a shutdown corner in Marcus Trufant who often shadows #1s.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Going forward.... rank the following.
    • Eiffert
    • Graham
    • Barnidge
    • Ertz
    • Rudolph

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have Mark Ingram/Lamar Miller/Howard from Chicago and Tevin Coleman

Need to strengthen WR a bit.

Going to propose a Coleman for Edleman swap.

Sell high and buy low here.

Brady makes Edleman a solid 2 WR.

Already have Cooks and Jordy Nelson.(two flex league)

Please tell me if I should stall that deal

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Got it. Not sure if Diggs is that much of an upgrade on your current WR corps. I like the idea of getting Larry Fitz though. Once Brady is back, I'm not sure what they're gonna do with Blount. I had Lockett last year. Didn't really do that much.

14. NewRoxFan

Thanks, and comforting to learn that my WRs are decent enough ('cept Lockett :p ) that Diggs isn't that much better. I have an offer in for Hopkins that will likely be turned down, so if that falls through I will propose a Blount for AJ Green trade with owner #2, and if that one fails, Blount for Fitz trade with a owner #3.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Don't think you'll get AJ Green for just Blount only. I wouldn't take that trade if I was a AJ Green owner.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I traded DeMarco AND J. Mathews to get Green.

17. NewRoxFan

OK, good feedback. My roster is above. Would Blount and any WR except Hilton (Shepard, Wallace, Williams) make it work? Or Blount and Reed?

Or... should I focus instead on a Blount for Larry Fitzgerald trade as more realistic?

18. tmacfor35

I'm big on sell high and buy low.

I would get rid of Blount quickly. His value goes down when Brady comes back. Those TD's will start going to Gronk and Edleman.

19. NewRoxFan

While don't think Blount will become completely useless when Brady, Gronk, and Lewis return. He seems the perfect run out the clock and goal line stand back, so I suspect he will still score. But yea, I am trying to move him ASAP. :)

Hopkins owner said no. Guessing Green owner will do the same. The Fitzgerald owner is in last place and 0-3 so he may be interested. But should he say no... any other WR target suggestions? Sure would like to come close to replacing Keenan Allen.

20. tmacfor35

Yep, I always try and trade with the guys who are struggling personally. It gives them that last shot of hope.

Guy with Fitz should bite on that trade if he needs a RB.