1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch, can you instill some avatar rules?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by DudeWah, Sep 22, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

For those of us who browse in public, I'm pretty concerned about some users not being courteous and using little discretion in picking their avatars.

Mainly, it's going to be really awkward if every other person has a pic of a scantily dressed woman as their avatar.

Definitely a worry about that.

Additionally, on mobile, in the past it was easy to quickly scroll past 3-4 posts when people didn't spoiler pics of half naked women (or men) in threads that weren't designated for that.

Now it takes a while to even scroll down.

This is not a huge issue most of the time, but there are certainly times it comes up. I feel like it's going to be a bit more worrisome than before.

I'm sure a lot of us do not want our colleagues questioning what the heck we
    are looking at.

I understand if you don't want to add an option to disable avatars. But at least let there be a zero tolerance policy for avatars that would put people in an awkward spot around work/school.

Maybe we can have a revised sticky post about bbs etiquette. That might help things a lot.

Blatz likes this.
  2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Would definitely just prefer the option to turn them off. There are already a couple I'm tired of seeing.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Is there any way I can turn off the online indicator? The pulsating icon right next to the avatar

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The reason there is so much wasted space / you have to scroll so much per post is due to having to allocate space for the avatar.

And I agree on needing a way to turn off the online indicator. Or at least an option to not make it pulse.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd rather it pulse red. Green makes me feel like a QB.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If y'all don't like the avatar feature, would you mind switching your avatar to a all-white one, so your defiant white coat-hanger on red background will disappear.

< like that

:D

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Damn, y'all got my harmless avatar taken off. It was just a woman in a bikini. Oh well, Go Coogs!!!

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hey Clutch thanks for your hard work. When can we expect new page skins? Different colors? Mobile version back?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Count me in for a turn-off-avatar option.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Avatars do need to be rated PG, I agree. It's not that we're prude (you can do "2017 hot chicks" in a Hangout thread) but rather the avatar is represented in all forums and we'd rather keep it classy and safe for work.

As for turning off avatars, there isn't a current option. So much of the user representation is centered around that. I would be open to eventually having a style that did not display them on threads, but I wouldn't want that to lead to many blank/unused avatars.

(Sorry @BullRider ... fixed your problem and accidentally posted with your account.)

jacoby, Caesar, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vienna Calling

This. If somehow manageable I would totally support an option to turn off the avatars. They make threads unnecessarily long (in terms of scrolling) and clutter up the overall picture.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd rather avatar privileges sell for $100.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Clutch: Is there only one default avatar you can set for all users? Or can you set based on Member Status, time or Likes, etc. Would be really great if we could differentiate between new members and long time members via default Avatars, until they pick one themselves.

Who knows, getting assigned a pic of a newbie Rockets player might even encourage ppl to create a custom one faster. :)

#13 heypartner, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  14. thejav

thejav Member

hope mine isn't too revealing

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Let me know if mine is too sexy.

Rashmon likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen? SMH.
    Should have went with Scott Padgett.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Don't resist the bowl cut.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What's an avatar? And why do people want to rule them?

CCorn likes this.
  19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

*googles pics of NSFW Bill Worrell*

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't like having to scroll down so much through all the empty space.......so if removing avatars would help then i'm all for it