1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty cool for Hop and Thrill to each post 100 yards same game.

Ervin needs to play better... advancing the ball and taking a knee.

Our run defense gave up yards too easily, especially with KC missing 2 OL.

True, it's just that we haven't been smashmouth in a while.... injuries and Filo have hurt.

2. Win

Win Contributing Member

It was not so pretty, but the Texans pretty much had this game in hand from the beginning. The D has been great! What I like most is how the offense has been able to stay so vanilla when you just know there is a whole other dimension as yet unseen. We have not seen Miller yet used much in the passing game and you just know there are some Braxton Miller and Tyler Ervin plays waiting for the right time. This time last year any secret plays would have already been exhausted.

#1122 Win, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Opened at -2.5 road favs vs the Pats.

Disadvantage of going on the road on a short week but at the same time, can BB really get Brissett ready for us in 3 days? Hopefully we show up on primetime.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Brock's main issue is him being too aggressive in attacking defense. I think he will eventually mature into being more comfortable taking what the defense is giving instead of trying to make the bigger plays.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Going back and reading your posts are hilarious. I bet you're a joy to hang out with.

1 person likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That was my first game day experience (game and tailgating).

That was awesome, the defense domination was amazing.

All alone up there in first place at 2-0...and the cold just lost . Love it.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Agree, I feel he throws it even when the play isn't really there or the WR isn't open

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I disagree. I just don't think he breaks down the field properly and he throws some inaccurate throws in tight coverage. So far I think on each of his interceptions this year he has an open man on the field that he just didn't see.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, but on 2 of his interceptions, it's at least partially Nuk Hopkins' fault. The first one in game 1 the ball was pulled right out of his hands and one of them today Hopkins ran a poor route and wasn't where he was supposed to be which allowed for the interception. The ball was in the right place, Nuk wasn't.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

And oddly enough that's the last in a barrage of **** posts littering this thread. At least show up and take your lumps like a man.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

That is a valid point, his INT today I think were mostly his ball placement. He has moments where his touch on his passes are just perfect, but then has moments where they forced Hopkins to to stretch out to even have a chance on it.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I didn't see it mentioned here but it looked like the coverage team pulled up on that return touchdown when they saw they flag. I don't think Hill would have made it all the way.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The running game needs a power runner backup. Closing out games will be much easier when you have someone who can pound it out and punish the defense. Blue and Ervin just aren't able to do that. Maybe they should give Prosch more carries at the end of the game.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Chiefs 10 possessions thru 1st 3 quarters ended in: fumble, punt, punt, FG, punt, fumble, fumble, punt, punt, punt. pic.twitter.com/mm9snKLYj0

— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) September 18, 2016

15. conquistador#11

strong missed a pass right through his hands for the td. hopkins had one negated. the bobble by fuller stopped him from going in, if that happens no int. hopkins still saved brock from a sure int earlier in the game
    in all, brock should have had 3tds with 2 picks. going away from zone runs is a mistake, especially in the "Red".

Brock will learn. I think he's doing great for being new to the b.o.b system. when throws have to be made, he finds a way. Clutch or just plain lucky the ball gets there. and he hangs in there and takes a shot.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

**** the Colts!!

17. awc713

awc713 Member

god damnit, season done

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Calm down bro. I've been doing this for the past 2-3 years.

As a Houston sports fan, I'm a pessimist first. This is just the anti jinx.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

5 in a row during the regular season - keep it going.

DD

20. dmoneybangbang

They need to use ole' Grimey more in the run game.