1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 HOUSTON TEXANS TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Jul 31, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nope.

They kept Miller, blue, Ervin and grimes at rb. 53 man roster

2. conquistador#11

is that including watt and brown?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Denver beat writers, who knows what's really going on.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Need to sign josh sitton right now

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

really hope we aren't stubborn and that BOB/Rick get to addressing weaknesses fast

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dang it wish we would have kept Hunt. Oh well the roster is set so let's get ready for some Texans football.

Next Sunday can't get here fast enough.

8. Mashing

Mashing Member

I don't see any place for Blue on this roster. Disappointed he was chosen over Hunt. I wonder if had something to do with Hunt's inability to block? Seems all head coaches have hard-ons for backfield blockers.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean blitz pickup is pretty damn important lol

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Does forsett have anything left in the tank? Definitely take him over Blue

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Although his primary role has been as a LG, he has made a start at LT (last year) and played RG/RT in college. So he has some position flexibility.

12. Fantasma Negro

Remember all those guys upset we didn't get Arthur Brown, well he's available lol

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

sitton should be the priority...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lance Z really embarrassed himself on that one, he went just totally over the top about how smart the Ravens were to trade up ahead of the Texans to "steal" him away.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Problem is that he's the priority for about 20 other teams as well.

16. Fantasma Negro

Before we signed Brock, Lance was trying to sell Hackenberg as the guy in this draft to outplay his draft grade and of course once again he was wrong. There's a reason his dad is the coach and he is the commentator

17. conquistador#11

Can't wait!!!! ...for this thread to be closed down and replaced with the week 1 game day thread.

( Dancing like I have fire ants crawling up on me a la ray lewis)

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I listen every day and never once did Lance endorse Hackenberg as a good player. Along with other guest interviewees, the consensus opinion which he also held was that there was some arm talent but his inaccuracy and results on game tape the past two years in no way legitimized anything but a mid- to late-round pick. This is what Mayock said, what Cosell said, and what Lance said too. Perhaps there was some nervous sarcasm that the radio guys held that we might end up with Hackenberg anyways because of BOB, but this was a position held by every radio host in Houston.

Lance was wrong on Arthur Brown, yes. And he's frequently wrong on other guys too, like XSF. But usually that's a reflection of group think: a lot of people were wrong on XSF, just like a lot of people were wrong on Luke Joeckel and Greg Robinson. It's the draft: people miss on picks all the time.

Starting the 2016 draft, Lance is now the main scout for NFL.com doing write-ups pre-draft for all the rookies coming out. His opinions are out there on the internet for all the world to see. Give him some credit for being the only draftnik this past April to put Will Fuller as his #1 WR overall, before the Texans selected him.

Here is his draft profile for Hackenberg. Note the "--Lance Zierlein" at the bottom. And no, it was not doctored post-draft like Chris Sheridan would have done: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-hackenberg?id=2555416

2 people like this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I can't believe hunt didn't earn a spot over Ervin, blue or grimes. Blue must really be a hellacious blocker or special teams guy because as a runner he's Trent Richardson 2.0

I do like grimes, he's sort of a poor mans Foster. I like Ervin too but hunt was the speed-type player making plays....

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Evenif he did endorse Hackenberg, which apparently is debatable, everyone knew Hack's mechanics had been screwed up, and he'd need a couple years in the NFL to do anything. Nothing at this point says that still cannot come to fruition. Not that I'm saying he's good or not, I just think it's ridiculous for people to write off rookies especially at the skill positions - after a preseason, or even one season.