1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think I'd go

1) WWE PPV
    2) NXT
    3) WWE house show

I don't think I'd pay normal ticket for Raw and definitely not for SmackDown; never know when an episode will be great or be a dud (going to the Lana in the cake episode of Raw would have sucked, for example).

Somewhat related: I'm looking to fly out to LA for Royale Rumble 2017. If any of y'all hear about pre-sales please let me know.

#4781 Haymitch, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Holy sheeeeeeet KO!!!!

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Holy ****. Triple H goat'ing everywhere.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I definitely didn't see that coming. There are a TON of potential storylines from this. Well done, WWE.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Triple H out of nowhere. Crowd was loving it! Great RAW

6. VanityHalfBlack

Htown, I told yah! K O baby! Hey a win is a win it's in the history books now. Best raw crowd of the year!

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Just got home. That was F'in Awesome.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I saw it coming after he went to get KO. I could definitely see good story lines heading into this. Maybe we get Seth vs Triple H at wrestlemania.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What a great main event. They really made us wait for it with about an hour of nothing to slog through before that.

Huge pop when KO got the first pin on Cass because I think a lot of us didn't realize it was just an elimination. I was jumping up and down by then.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That was the greatest thing ever to be at. I was losing my s***. I knew it was coming, need to get a big face on RAW with Finn out and everybody hating Reigns.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I still can't believe it....

KO is my favorite currently wrestler but own all the superstar shirts, sported my Rollins shirt cause i just got it but my heart was for KO to win. I celebrated like that Rockets won the championship, I was that damn excited.....

EDIT: Just watched the TV feed, the "you deserve it chants" after the match came out really well, and IWC took notice, awesome

In related news, for anybody sitting in Sec A towards the back near the ramp, I apologize for my cousin barfing everywhere towards the end of the night....

Haymitch, awesome your going out to LA for Royal Rumble, I'd sign up for any mailing list that Staples Center have, they'll have a presale like the Toyota Center have for their Insiders. My cousin was a part of Barclay's mailing list and that's how I got the NXT tickets early for Takeover 2. Good luck!

#4791 Dave2000, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

KO Time!

New Bay Rocks!

Awesome RAW

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

We immediately bought tickets at the box office for Smackdown in December after. First RAW I've been to in Houston. We were a hot crowd!

14. buffalobills!!!

Houston was hot! Rightfully so. Huge Raw

15. Dave2000

I didn't realize that this was the first Raw since Jan 2013 and before that was the Raw after Wrestelmania 25 in 2009

But, we've had 2 PPVs since the last Raw, TLC Dec 2013, Night of Champions Sep 2015, numerous Smackdown tapings, and house shows

We're due for a PPV next year, I hope it is Money in the Bank

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So KO has a belt, Nakamura has the NXT belt and soon maybe AJ Styles will have the strap. Also, Cena is on Smackdown and not the champ. What will the wrestling nerds b**** about now?!? Oh nooooo

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Did anyone make sense of the Heyman promo? It felt long, and he goes from sarcastically apologizing to sincerely apologizing for what feels like no reason.

18. VanityHalfBlack

IWC are cancerous bunch of individuals. The b****ing will never end and these are grown men,hahaha.

19. Dave2000

We'll see how long this will last, I thought it was going to change when Rollins cashed in at WM last year, it lasted a good bit till his injury and forced them to put the title on Reigns 3x in 6 months.

Interested to see if Miz gets a push now, people were just waiting for him to drop it to a promoted NXT talent but hasn't happened yet.

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Thank Goodness for HHH and, of course, KO!

I was worried when it was announced it would be an elimination-style 4-way, Rollins would win it by pinning Reigns (due to Rusev interference), and I didn't think 2 heels would be last standing. When HHH helped up KO after Reigns got eliminated, I was saved knowing KO would win it.

And finally, Thank You to that hot crowd last night! My only regret was that I couldn't be there to experience it with you guys. I hope I can get a ticket to SD Live on Dec. 6.